Gore Conditions

11 messages Options
MikePom MikePom
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Gore Conditions

The countdown is officially starting!  Ladies and Gentlemen, get your gear ready!

Gore Opening Day

My surgeon is telling me that I'm to stay low impact until January 7, 2020, 81 Days and I'm slow gliding!  

Can't miss opening day!

MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Re: Gore Conditions

New warming hut on Burnt Ridge. I kinda like how the Abanakee Glade entrance is behind a building now (pic from Facebook):
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
I kinda like how the Abanakee Glade entrance is behind a building now
+1
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
MikePom MikePom
Reply |

Somehow I think a Yurt would have been a more appealing approach to a Burnt Ridge warming hut......great idea....uninspiring execution.

Yurt

Just look at all that snow.....
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Always go with the yurt
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

November 29? That's the latest opening day in at least 5 years. Plus, Thanksgiving is a mandatory family travel disaster for me, so I'm probably gonna miss it.

+1 on the yurt.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

In reply to this post by MikePom
MikePom wrote
Somehow I think a Yurt would have been a more appealing approach to a Burnt Ridge warming hut......great idea....uninspiring execution.

Yurt

Just look at all that snow.....
Psh! Just look at it.
frk frk
Reply |

I’ve been doing quite a bit of preseason hiking at gore. Twister glades have professionally manicured. You could probably be ski it on with skinny skis and 6 inches of snow. Uncas has been brush-hogged so there won’t be a repeat of last year when early snowfall lead to thicket whiplash. High Pines to be hogged soon. Wild Air has been revamped with an additional 20-30 feet widening on skier’s right. I think that it has probably doubled in width since being cut almost 20 years ago. Lots of snowmaking work with new pipes and guns. It is sad to see the paucity of crowds on summer and fall weekends. The attendants to the carnival rides sit sit all day with only occasional customers. the new zip line is very minor league IMHO.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Does Gore have rides all summer or was it a traveling carnival? I’m pretty sure  I follow them on FB and I never heard of that.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by frk
Sounds  good!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp