NorEaster27
That’s it for year for all ORDA ski resorts, very sad
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sudsnbumps
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
Not that it matters but it was really nice yesterday.  Despite the temps only getting to maybe the high 20s that March sun did excellent work on softening everything up.  Rumor had it that Rumor was open for about half an hour but I missed it of course .  There's still so much snow on that trail, such a damn waste.

While I was pooping in the men's bathroom some guy came in and started hacking up a lung.  He definitely gave me the Corona, so I understand why they are closing down.

ROTD was Topridge which was soft, sunny, and sendy with nice big wet moguls.

Here's a pic taken at 3:54 on AE Express before what was most likely my final run of the season.

Maybe I'll have to get that AT setup and earn some turns.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Will be interesting to see how mountains over here deal with people’s desire to earn turns this spring at closed resorts.  Over on TGR I saw posts confirming that closed resorts in Utah are emphasizing that there is no uphill travel (for the most part) while resorts are not in operation.  Not sure how much they will enforce that, but they are saying you can’t.

I could easily see myself earning turns this spring at closed resorts...but it would be hard to be stealthy if you are one of only a few cars/people at the hill!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Earning turns, if it includes driving any distance I'm pretty sure that the health professionals would ask you not too.

I've certainly thought about this. Drive to XYZ mountain, don't stop anywhere on the way (would have to stop for gas).

Maybe you wouldn't add to the problem, or maybe you would.

I would say that if you are injured or need any kind of medical attention from that trip, well that would be a conundrum.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
Harvey wrote
Earning turns, if it includes driving any distance I'm pretty sure that the health professionals would ask you not too.

I've certainly thought about this. Drive to XYZ mountain, don't stop anywhere on the way (would have to stop for gas).

Maybe you wouldn't add to the problem, or maybe you would.

I would say that if you are injured or need any kind of medical attention from that trip, well that would be a conundrum.

See my post in the Covid/Ski thread:
https://forum.nyskiblog.com/COVID-19-impact-on-skiing-tp4160102p4160841.html
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Gore says the gate will be open from 6am to 5pm.  Just make sure you are back and out by 5.  I usually park at the gate, just in case...the extra walk is less likely to kill you then...? My micro crampons and or snowshoes are out.  If anyone sees me stay the f away from me
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
Will "Gore conditions" include a subthread for "Tannery work road conditions"?

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
sudsnbumps wrote
 .  If anyone sees me stay the f away from me
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
My entire family is going up to Johnsburg this weekend and we're staying for a week.  Going to do some social distancing in the woods and try to forget that the world was turned upside down on us.

This was to be our end of season ski week, hero snow, snow beach as we call it.  Maybe short and tee shirts if we were to get lucky.  Beers on the summit and all that good stuff.  I always told them that you train all season for March and April.  Some folks don't like a mashed potato and corn diet, but we love it.

I plan on doing some hiking, hanging out, working from our camp.  If all goes as planned, the most important part of it all will be enjoying a healthy week with my family.  

We need to stay out of harms way, all of us do, we have fresh turns to carve next season.  I want to thank everyone in this thread for a great season, as short as it was.  the NYSkiBlog always gives it a great spin.   I'm hoping to see some pics coming in from the summit, Rumor is up there, just waiting for someone to harvest its spring corn!  I'll be setting my countdown timer this weekend for next season.

Last view
My last view of Gore 2020

Stay health everyone!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
A solid 8" at our camp in Johnsburg yesterday.

My boys are talking shoeing up the 46er today to harvest spring POW.

Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Lured back to the Blog this afternoon and just finished reading today's wonderful post.

As I design Hospitals, my business has been spared much (so far) of the misery that many others are painfully experiencing.  As I and my entire team are working remote, I decided to keep our family in Johnsburg until the end of April, on web meetings constantly, I sit in my home office here and look out at the woods.

Today, I am happy to report that it has been snowing most all day long, peaceful and relaxing.  I wanted to pass this along for any of you that are unable to experience this.  If you're having a bad day, close your eyes and think of peaceful Adirondack snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Pics please
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Puking snow at 1,680’ in Johnsburg.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Pics please

Harvey assisted me with my technical deficits and posted my vid for you in the Spring Weather thread.

This is the aftermath....looking out my "Home Office" window.

April Snow
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
nice
thank you
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Oops. I'll move it in the morning.

Technically its still last season until all the snow is gone from superstar and tux.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
GORE MOUNTAIN OPENS FOR THE SUMMER

From mountain biking to hiking, the summer adventure begins July 16th
Gore Mountain is open for scenic skyrides, hiking, lift-serviced downhill mountain biking, and disc golf Thursday-Sunday, 10am-4pm during the summer. (https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall)  Retail and foodservice will also be available.  

Enjoy a scenic skyride with stunning views of the High Peaks and surrounding Adirondacks and take the opportunity to explore Gore Mountain’s hiking trails, mountaintop labyrinth, observation deck, picturesque overlooks, and picnic areas. Enclosed gondola rides are planned Thursday and Sunday, with open-air chairlift rides available Friday and Saturday. The lift schedule is subject to substitution, so guests are encouraged to check ahead for updates.  (https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall/scenic-skyides)

Experienced downhill mountain bikers can explore Gore Mountain’s challenging lift-serviced terrain that descends 1700' vertical on wooded single-track and open ski trails. Single rides and all-day tickets are available, and access to Base Area cross-country trails is included. Full-suspension bikes are recommended, and helmets and a signed waiver are required. (https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall/downhill-mountain-biking)

Gore Mountain’s hiking trails offer terrain for all abilities, ranging from Base Area interpretive loops to advanced adventures to Gore Mountain’s summit. To learn more about the trail network and view the Gore Mountain Hiking Center map, visit https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall/hiking-excursions.  

Gore Mountain is introducing an all-new layout for disc golfers, with 9 holes that meander through the Base Area’s hardwood forest. This family-friendly activity challenges participants to get their disc into the target baskets with as few throws as possible.  A scorecard and set of three discs are included or bring your own set. (https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall/disc-golf)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
CROSS POST:

ORDA Pass Deadline extended to 9/2:

https://www.goremountain.com/tickets-passes/season-passes

https://www.whiteface.com/tickets/whiteface-season-passes

Not live on Bell's site yet.