1 ... 131415161718
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
MikePom wrote
I'm so amped up by Harvey's Gore pics that I had to post this latest forecast graphic.
Thanks Mike!

I couldn't believe how much snow was in the woods.  Not that it was sooo much, but I was surprised it was enough. You could really turn.

EDeO pushed his pole in up to the handle at the summit.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MikePom
MikePom wrote
I'm so amped up by Harvey's Gore pics that I had to post this latest forecast graphic.
No doubt Jason will be along shortly to rain on our parade and  tell us the 0 or 12z shit the bed, and remind us how far out from Wednesday night we are....which is true.  Who knows what we get, but my usual go to forecast resources are all currently supporting 10 inches give or take for the Daks.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In the northeast, most chances for more than a few inches of snow, come with some chance for rain.

YOU GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
MikePom wrote
No doubt Jason will be along shortly to rain on our parade and  tell us the 0 or 12z shit the bed, and remind us how far out from Wednesday night we are....which is true.  Who knows what we get, but my usual go to forecast resources are all currently supporting 10 inches give or take for the Daks.
Hold on to you hat!!
I agree with a good dumping on the daks..but it will start off wet...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Wow....is everyone amped up for snow or what??  Snow junkies getting ready for a fix....gotta love it.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by Harvey
Agree on both counts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
NWS still (over the top?) optimistic for Gore, mentioning significant amounts.

There's a disconnect with the warning status. Winter Storm Watch is gone now, we've got a shorter window Winter Weather Advisory.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
Harvey, I don't disagree with 2-6 inches for gore.  Agree with over 1500 feet, there will be rain mixed in as well.  I would say 4 or so at Gore is a good number.  There is a wild car Thursday into Friday as a very significant lake effect band should form to the east of Lake Ontario, hard to say if it will make it to Gore and or Whiteface or not but if someone may get lucky and add at least a few more inches on top.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I like to check the NOAA forecast for the Whiteface Mountain Observatory to get a read on what things may do on the High Peaks summits.  Still calling for heavy snow above 2,000 feet, with 8-16 possible for WF at the  summit.

I’m going to call WF 3 (base) to 10 (summit).  Gore 2 (base) to 6 (summit).  Both will see a significant cold rain tonight.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Any word on accumulation from today?  Or was it quiet?
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Wind will be a factor
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
I’m going to call WF 3 (base) to 10 (summit).  Gore 2 (base) to 6 (summit).
I’m gonna go all ‘Becca on your asses.  WF reporting 3 to 8, Gore reporting ? To 5.  With prevailing winds some LE snow showers could clip the Daks, and there could be a couple more inches through tomorrow am.  Not sure what it’s like on the hill, but weather reports seem to indicate the winds are dying down, and lifts seem to all be loading.

Hope the new at Gore isn’t too sticky!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Gore skiing well - snow at summit was nice - Lies was the pic. Winds strong but lifts running
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Great day up high today, all woods off the hook!!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Gondi shut down mid afternoon due to wind.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Any intel on how Gore was skiing today? Debating 6 hrs of driving for WF vs 4 for Gore total...all would be tomorrow..would require getting up at crack of dawn. Had a late flight home tonight from business trip which screwed things up with me getting to LP tonight. Yes I know WF got 24" vs. Gore's 6".

McCauley also an option but was thinking about hitting that Sunday for proximity to my family's place.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Gore is firing on all cylinders right now.  Everything is skiable.  Glades skiing nice.   I left at noon but everything was skiing well.  If I didn't have to work I wouldn't have left.  Will be there bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow.
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

LearnedatSong
Glad to hear it!  Heading there tomorrow for a much needed day on the mountain.  Which glades did you enjoy?  Also, what's the best place north of Saratoga for a to go breakfast sandwich on route?  Preferably better than Stewart's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
All the upper mountain glades including Tahawus skied well Thursday. Lower ones were all closed.  The steep parts of boreas were getting thin.
There’s a diner in warrensburg and the deli in wevertown is open again. Also a McDonald’s and a Panera east of exit 12.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
1 ... 131415161718