campgottagopee wrote
That ^^ was funny as hell
Totally agree
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Improvements Summer 2015

snoloco
Just read that 46er got snowmaking.  Maybe I'll finally be able to ski it for once.  I'll have to check out how much of an improvement Peace Pipe is as well.  Anything is better than the full length Pipeline Traverse, so it'll have to help somewhat.  They just need Abenaki and there'll be another full length run on BR and great connections to/from the ski bowl.

If they can cut Abenaki and widen the portion of Pipeline where it merges in as well as Eagle's Nest, that could possibly be a green run off the BRQ allowing access from the ski bowl to the main base lodge to all ability levels.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
have you ever tried a pair of pow skis on a deep day?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
What does this have to do with what I posted above?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
 My impression is that Peace Pipe isn't too much more than a rounded corner, I'm sure you will be disappointed.  It could decrease the chance of collisions in the North Quad loading area.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
You said earlier that it should decrease the length of the flat spot.  It could allow me to keep my speed up better so I don't get stuck.  I have been cut off in the north quad area and once I've lost my speed, I usually give up on going to the ski bowl.  I just get back on the chair and try again on the next run.  With Peace Pipe, I could tuck the entire length of tahawus and possibly make it though without getting stuck.
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
snoloco wrote
With Peace Pipe, I could tuck the entire length of tahawus and possibly make it though without getting stuck.
Haha, feel the pain of every snowboarder and flat traverses!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
With Peace Pipe, I could tuck the entire length of tahawus and possibly make it though without getting stuck.
I don' t think so.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by skunkape
skunkape wrote
snoloco wrote
Haha, feel the pain of every snowboarder and flat traverses!
I can do both, and the Pipeline Traverse sucks even more for a snowboarder.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
My impression is that Peace Pipe isn't too much more than a rounded corner, I'm sure you will be disappointed.  It could decrease the chance of collisions in the North Quad loading area.
Yes, the collision aspect was a driving force behind this new "trail". It will also allow to keep your speed as it takes out the the sharp S turn just below lift 2.
To a whiner like snochoad, it won't matter because he is a gaper, and always will be...
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
snoloco wrote
 I have been cut off in the north quad area and once I've lost my speed, I usually give up on going to the ski bowl.  I just get back on the chair and try again on the next run.  With Peace Pipe, I could tuck the entire length of tahawus and possibly make it though without getting stuck.
Always amazed at the excuses, and tucking a run on busy days is a sure way to tell a gaper...PS stay the fuck away from the ski bowl, it's a dangerous place
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
^ true.

People who complain about flat sections at ski areas are like people who complain that an escalator is broken. It's still a staircase, you lazy bastard. You can still get where you want to go, you just might have to put in something more than zero effort.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Amazing the elitism surrounding the ski bowl.  You don't want it to be easy and straightforward to get down there so you can have it all to yourself.  You know if more people actually use it that it will be open more often too.  If you don't want to ski with other people, earn your turns outside of a resort.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Harvey
Even if this does allow you to make it without skating it's an improvement.  I've always thought putting the cross over trail below the lift maze was dangerous.

I hope the SB glades are good to go when I ski there this season.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
snoloco wrote
Amazing the elitism surrounding the ski bowl.  You don't want it to be easy and straightforward to get down there so you can have it all to yourself.  You know if more people actually use it that it will be open more often too.  If you don't want to ski with other people, earn your turns outside of a resort.
Hey you little snot nosed know-it-all, you can actually park at the ski bowl, can't be much easier than that.. oh yeah your just a snot nosed kid and you have to go where your parents go. And I do earn my turns at the ski bowl, every day it's closed
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
For someone who bemoans the lack of terrain, access, and snowmaking....I'm finding it peculiar how much effort the kid spends trying to go over thereIf you like it there fine. If not fine. Vote with your feet (skis).
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
SIAWOL wrote
For someone who bemoans the lack of terrain, access, and snowmaking....I'm finding it peculiar how much effort the kid spends trying to go over thereIf you like it there fine. If not fine. Vote with your feet (skis).
IIRC, he's taking his self-entitled act to Stratton this season.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Spongeworthy wrote
SIAWOL wrote
IIRC, he's taking his self-entitled act to Stratton this season.
Actually it's going to be Killington b/c I have an express card there.  

I'm not trying to act self entitled.  I want the ski bowl to be easy to get to so that all of Gore's customers can experience what it has to offer.  You guys are being self entitled by wanting it to be seldom open and a pain in the ass to get to so no one knows about it and you can have it to yourself.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
snoloco wrote
I'm not trying to act self entitled.  I want the ski bowl to be easy to get to so that all of Gore's customers can experience what it has to offer.  You guys are being self entitled by wanting it to be seldom open and a pain in the ass to get to so no one knows about it and you can have it to yourself.
I disagree that "You guys are being self entitled." Speaking for myself, and other friends not on this forum, we've been fine with it just the way it is and look forward to this season's improvements, which we are exceedingly grateful to get.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Spongeworthy wrote
...fine with it just the way it is and look forward to this season's improvements, which we are exceedingly grateful to get.
+1

I want the Ski Bowl open.  It's not really "smart" from an OPs POV to go there first (or second or third of fourth or fifth). But it would be so cool for them to line 46er with HighE guns on and blow it the way Killington blows on Ovation.  Pound it in full view.

But that's not going to happen with public money. At least not yet. K is a private business and they can do what they want.

Sno, skiing is moving inexorably in your direction, surface lifts, chair lifts, bubble lifts, dynamite, warming huts, waffle huts, slopeside lodging, valet parking, sushi bars, first tracks passes, on an on.  Someday before you die they will have removed all of the exercise and soul from skiing. Is it so bad that it lives on in the ski bowl for a few years more?

Also curious as to why you focus on Gore. Why no wrath for Plattekill or Hickory or Snow Ridge or other places?
12345 ... 11