classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
222 messages Options
1 ... 789101112
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

jjbrady
I believe the entire lodge has been sold out. I have no idea about Groupon but my very unscientific observations at the lodge show a ton of people from Canada and NJ..here for the water park no doubt. The adventure center is awesome as well. I truly hope they invest in the mountain...so much potential. Groupon is not sustainable but the customer service they provide will bring customers back. The fire pit and smore making at night are a great touch...it's so quiet there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
"I hope your super high season ski passes don't put you out of business. The season ski pass for 2014-2015 year is rediculous."

Oh No - was looking forward to the upcoming ski season at Greek, then I see someone posts this on the GP facebook page... I hate Facebook. (this is why you buy the seasons pass at the deep early deadline discounted price)
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Hmm...I guess the individual never heard of early season pricing. The current price is $699, which is still $30 less than a Vail season pass.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I detoured past Greek today to check on my home enroute to Vermont, as I haven't been up in awhile. After grabbing a bite at the Acorn, I noticed construction occurring outside. Apparently they are building a portable conference center next to the Acorn. It will only be used during warm weather months, and then dismantled for winter. I'm a bit puzzled why they are not building a permanent structure. It likely has to do with costs.

No work yet on the snowmaking general maintenance.

On a different note, they have another Groupon giveaway going on for travel through the end of November.
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
In regards to the tent it's more of a permanent structure it will be climate controlled and be able to use it year round.  Snowmaking pipe has arrived and theirs been alot of activity in and around the pump house.
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Mmmmm. Imported steel :)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
6 mystery boxes too
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

A18 Gang is doing all we can to make it snow this year.

Sacrifice to Ullr this weekend......pix after the burn

Oh yea baby, it's gonna BURN!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It's great to see that the pipe arrived. I totally missed it when I stopped by the Welcome Center. The existing buried steel pipe is shot. I know that from our walk-through two years ago.

I was told by management that the new conference center will have a permanent floor, but fiberglass walls, and a tent-like roof that will be dismantled during the winter.  Is that not the case?
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Mmmmm. Imported steel :)
I think, those snowmaking pipes are Ductile Iron, larger diameter and are from Austria.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
If it's the same pipe as they installed last year, it is in fact iron from Austria.  We like the Austrians, so I'm good with that.
Reply | Threaded
|

GPPartner
Yes it is ductile iron from Austria. It's life expectancy is 75 years.  Also, running a 10" air line along the same line.  Booster pumps and the above will increase snowmaking
Capacity significantly.  

The 40x100 tent with wood floor will be one of the premier places to have your wedding or event.  Capacity of 250 guests with a dance floor.  The views from this area are incredible!!

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Outstanding news on the snowmaking front!

On a different note, there was some talk last season regarding the speed of Visions. Although rumors, is there any validity to increasing the speed of the lift by removing some of the chairs?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

GPPartner
We have applied for variance with the state and if approved, will speed up the lift for this year.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Thanks for the reply. Let's hope the variances are approved.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
YEP!! BIG SNOW THIS YEAR....

Ullr is satisifed here in CNY
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Glade day this year? I sure hope so as labyrinth is my new favorite run. It would be cool to have a tree run off the visions lift then we would have tree runs off every lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Glades skiing in CNY can be a real spin of the roulette wheel with Mother Nature. Let's hope for a snowy one this year.

I'm actually looking forward to the enhanced snowmaking system, so that it hopefully doesn't take a week to open a 700 ft vertical trail.
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
I'm looking forward to more snowmaking too.  But that being said we need more glades, more glades = more fresh tracks. I skied greek 68 days last season 20+ in the woods so I think it's more than worth it plus it doesn't cost the resort much to make one and it adds to trail count.  Just too many positives for it not to happen.
1 ... 789101112