1 ... 45678910 ... 12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

gorgonzola
campgottagopee wrote
....It's been a kickass year
For sure, a little late start but strong finish like a champ! Bummed about the close, same weekend as blue and more or less last chance for a trip up north - decisions, decisions!?!?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's been a couple years since we've inducted any new members into the A18 Gang....introducing the man, the myth the legend, Boo, and bringing in fresh ideas for our crew <drum roll please> T-Mac

Sunday is the last scheduled day for skiing at GP, we'll all be there (minus one due to ACL surgery) so ya'll look out...going LARGE!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's a wrap! Just an incredibly good year at GP!! Tons of snow left, we could make it to Easter easy, but I get it....it's time to move on to other activities.

Last day of the year brings 'em all out....had a fagbag sighting!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Was indeed a great season at Greek. Got in 33 ski days at GP. Opened the day after Thanksgiving and went into April. That touches on 6 months. Sunday 4/6 was fantastic, Cornhead and I skied hard from 10:00 til 4:00, people were kinda fighting to see who got last chair of the season - It was like go ahead of us we want the last chair, no no you go ahead we want last chair.. bright sunshine, soft snow, warm temps. Camp had his Nordica Patron's - an awesome looking wider ski.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It certainly was a fine last weekend, and such a shame that they are calling it quits. However, at this time of the year, it's more about a lack of revenue and skier traffic than it is about the commitment to the skier.  It's now on to Killington for the balance of the ski season.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Got out for a walk yesterday

Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Any signs of activity on the mountain yet in terms of construction projects?
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
900,000 spent on snowmaking upgrades including new water pumps when I find out more I'll post it here :)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
where's the snow wrote
900,000 spent on snowmaking upgrades including new water pumps when I find out more I'll post it here :)

FKNA
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I might be kicking off my season at Greek Peak!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ml242 wrote
I might be kicking off my season at Greek Peak!
I'll see you there!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From the boss:

"Still finalizing our capital expenditures—will update very soon."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks "Boss" !!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Looking forward to the update.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I was at the Radisson in Utica and overheard that Dwayne Spitzer is now the General Manager of that property. After scratching my head, I inquired at HLL a few days later who their GM was, and was told that Bonnie Haines assumed that role.  Wow! Dwayne lasted a whopping whole year.

I'm not certain what Bonnie's level of training or expertise is with running a seasonal resort hotel, but I suppose she couldn't do any worse than her predecessors. I believe she was the HR Director at GP for about a decade. Bonnie can give rooms away through Groupon just as the prior two GM's did.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What a GREAT scene at GP over the weekend. Hundreds of people camping out for the WYNOA harescramble race.

Look how psyched these little tots are!!!

pic from FB

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Pro and I hooked up w/ a few other A18 Gang Members at Trax last evening for some beers....had to be 50ish peeps in there....great to see.  Rock on GP
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I'm glad to see that people are frequenting the place.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Harvey, any update yet from the owners in terms of upcoming improvements?  The only think I know is that John will be building a home at Greek, which means he is moving out of the sales center. I can't imagine trying to get a good nights sleep in the sales center anyway, as it is right next to the road.

I just hope that the owners are as focused on bringing the mountain up to date as they are with their housing needs. So far, they've been simply working on general maintenance, which is decades overdue.  I'm optimistic that down the road they will make some real on-mountain improvements, including some new trails with snowmaking, a summit lodge, and desperately needed lifts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
out and about now will see what I can learn tonight
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
1 ... 45678910 ... 12