Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Rj1972 wrote
Glad to hear they are blowing on the Odyssey.

On an aside, I noticed on Saturday that they now have valet parking in the drop off area. I often thought that they could turn the parking area behind the white collapsable structure (locker room) into a paid lot. However, valet is an interesting idea that I've seen at much larger resorts, so it will be interesting to see if it's a success.
Seriously? Valet parking at GP?

Oh my dayum.

Maybe the resort fee covers that. If they keep that shit up I won't ever go back.
Really?? Why do you say that, just curious is all.

If I was one of those poor bastards with a boatload of kids I'd use that valet parking every time. Or is schlepping around with three screaming kids all part of the experience. Thank god that was never me.  
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Its a nice service but I'm way too cheap, and I guess a bit selfish - I always made my kids carry their own gear!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Dallas blows!
Says the Giants fan....Dallas sucks but I still have  some beer coming from them beating the Giants last year!
Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
Down in the southern tier, we got about 2" of light, powdery stuff.  Anybody know how much GP got?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
we got couple tw0 - tree inches

wind whipping
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Dallas blows!
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Camp - it's not worth discussing in a conditions thread. Suffice it to say valet parking is consistent with thoughts I've expressed previously.

Next thing you know the guy next to me on Greek's express lift is going to be asking to borrow my Grey Poupon.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I went for a few runs this morning. Conditions were nice but it got crowded pretty fast as Fields/Stoic were the only open trails off the quad. They were starting work on the ramp for the jump bag at the bottom  of Iliad which kept the trail closed. The Cornell Ski Team was there as well...I think Greek received 2-3 inches of snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Darn!  I was hoping the jump bag wasn't going to be permanently installed on the Iliad. Now that GP purchased a bag of their own, it will likely be there all season.

Do you know where else they were making snow other than the Odyssey?  Trojan???
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
They were blowing on Iliad and the fan guns at the bottom of Fields and Stoic were running...I never even looked over at Trojan when I was on the lift but chair 4 is supposed to be open by the weekend. The new tower guns on Stoic have made a difference in snow quality in my opinion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Excellent!  Thanks, pro.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
That's good news about the Gatherings. I hate to see local businesses go under. Let's hope it's a success this go around.
Apparently it was purchased to flip it instead of open it. Bummer.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Cortland-NY-13045/2099999423_zpid/62919_rid/42.785826,-75.855446,42.436633,-76.528359_rect/10_zm/?3col=true
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Interesting move.  Too bad.

Either they had second thoughts, or something else arose.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Apparently it was purchased to flip it instead of open it. Bummer.
I didn't know the commercial real estate market in VIrgil was so hot.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Exactly. I was surprised to see it listed already. What's strange (about the listing) is there's no mention of the cabins out back. I would think that could be a good selling point for the new owner.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Don't know if anybody cares, but here are some of the Trax Bar beer prices:

Labatts Regaular 16 oz. can pounder - $4.00
Labatts Lite 16 oz. can pounder - $4.75
Miller Lite Draft - $4.75
Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
Anybody else go out this weekend?  I went Saturday and skied the mashed potatoes.  Fields was more or less a mess all day.  Only skier's left half was skiable, the right side was too thin (although that didn't stop some folks from testing the durability of their skis, I guess).  Iliad and Odyssey weren't too bad, relatively speaking, Castor and Trojan skied pretty well.  From the quad, Trojan looked like it had a giant brown skidmark down the middle of it, but once on it, it skied like it had full coverage, so that goes to show how thin it actually was there.  By early afternoon, you could see some brush shoots poking back through the surface of Iliad.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Most of our crew was out, firm and fast seemed to be the norm.

Three inches of LE fell last night doubling our snowfall count for the year. Temps look solid all week for snowmaking to pound the hill, and along with whatever MaNatch gives us, this coming weekend should be good skiing. FINALLY!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
That little bit of snow made a huge difference today! Should be even better tomorrow!!
1 ... 45678910 ... 50