983 messages Options
123456 ... 50
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
snoloco wrote
You can ski, just not at Greek Peak.  I was at Mount Snow yesterday and it wasn't half bad.  Check out my TR for pictures.
Are you high??

Drive to Mount Snow. Um, no thanks. And I'm not looking at your stupid pictures either
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
You can ski, just not at Greek Peak.  I was at Mount Snow yesterday and it wasn't half bad.  Check out my TR for pictures.
Gotta agree with Camp on that - not driving several hours to ski a few trails. Took advantage of the stupid temps last weekend to go for some rides (road bike, motorcycle). You'd think it was mid summer judging by the number of motorcycles on the road last Sunday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
It'll be interesting to see if the break out the mountain bike rentals for the New Year's Eve torch light parade...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Turd Ferguson wrote
It'll be interesting to see if the break out the mountain bike rentals for the New Year's Eve torch light parade...
FKNA -- that would actually be darn cool
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
campgottagopee wrote
Are you high??
What's with all the hate for people being high?

Y'all should be like, "Are you high??"

"Fuck yeah, so am I."
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MikeK wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Are you high??
What's with all the hate for people being high?

Y'all should be like, "Are you high??"

"Fuck yeah, so am I."
No hate here bro

I'm a believer
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
You're sounding like Powass.  Pissed because you can't ski where you are, but not willing to drive any distance to where there is skiing.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
snoloco wrote
You're sounding like Powass.  

snoloco wrote
  Pissed because you can't ski where you are, but not willing to drive any distance to where there is skiing.
Really?? I never, EVER ski until after deer season which doesn't end until the 22nd. Check you facts lil man.

p.s. there's no skiing on the entire EC right now, but don't tell anyone mmmmmmk?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Camp
campgottagopee wrote
I never, EVER ski

Pow
PowderAssassin wrote
I NEVER SKI
Sounds pretty similar to me
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Good one

I'm glad that schlepping around in the car for hrs an hrs to go scratch down some WROD is attractive to you lil buddy. It's just not for everyone.  

It's not skiing in my book
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
campgottagopee wrote
Good one

I'm glad that schlepping around in the car for hrs an hrs to go scratch down some WROD is attractive to you lil buddy. It's just not for everyone.  

It's not skiing in my book
Exactly. I'd be happy to drive if there were places within four hours that were even 50% open with decent conditions.

But conditions like they are and 60 degree temps I'd much rather bike or kayak or turn nice good boards into sawdust.
Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
billyymc wrote
But conditions like they are and 60 degree temps I'd much rather bike or kayak or turn nice good boards into sawdust.
No snow and Christmas around the corner...plenty of sawdust being made at my house!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by billyymc
Vermont is going to be a complete zoo over Christmas. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may try a few days at Killington, and if it's a mess, head back home.

Depending upon what forecast one looks at, Greek may have some snow making opportunities this weekend. Unfortunately, with marginal temperatures the fan guns may be useless, and we know their snow making capacity isn't stellar without the fan guns.

Fortunately, the new deck will bring in revenue to offset the loss of skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Greek to fire up the guns tonight

Campfire talk is they plan to open on 12/22
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
As much as I want to ski, I really don't understand this...
It looks like starting tonight we will have about 36 hours of temps that stay below freezing. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and high of 36 then dropping to 30 Sunday night. However, starting Monday, daily highs starting in the mid 40's until we reach almost 60 by Thursday with overnight lows from high 30's to low to mid 40's...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I think they need to try their damnedest to get open for Xmas week if for no other reason than to say they were open. Good marketing imo. With all the pre-sold packages at HLL etc it would be terrible if they didn't have a patch of snow to scratch down. That's all it will be but at least they can tout they did it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Yes, if they don't at least make an attempt, customers will not be pleased. I just question if they can pull off an opening with such a short window of opportunity. We've seen how long it generally takes them to open the Iliad.

They are going to have all hands on deck tonight, with the Toggenburg snow-makers joining GP's crew. I guess that means that Togg will become the neglected stepchild--kind of reminiscent of Deer Run.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Rj1972 wrote
Yes, if they don't at least make an attempt, customers will not be pleased. I just question if they can pull off an opening with such a short window of opportunity. We've seen how long it generally takes them to open the Iliad.

There are still some patches left on Illiad so they'll need to connect the dots so to speak. I hope they pull it off, and I think they will.

Rj1972 wrote

They are going to have all hands on deck tonight, with the Toggenburg snow-makers joining GP's crew. I guess that means that Togg will become the neglected stepchild--kind of reminiscent of Deer Run.
That's good thinking having Togg guys join in. As for neglected, don't see that at all, heck the darn Foggy Goggle is already open. Cuse is a completely diff market for them imo. Togg will be open right along with the rest of the hills around here when MaNatch decides to start behaving. As for Deer Run comment, I doubt these guys will BK Togg like what happened at Deer Run.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It's been decades since I've skied Togg, but it seems like a fairly stable ski area. You made a good point, Camp, that there is likely no rush to open Togg much before Lab, Song, and so on.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Check on progress while home for lunch. Guns are blazin
123456 ... 50