classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
637 messages Options
1234567 ... 32
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

northerncajun
What are the odds they will have a good base for the Christmas Holidays?
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
Slim to none, no fault on Greeks end.Mother Nature not player her part
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by northerncajun
As long as the temps stay cold you should be good to go. From what I can tell they've been making snow every chance they've gotten to do so this year. They have alot more firepower this year and I don't think it will take them as long to get a trail ready. In might only be a WROD, but to some that's better than nothing.
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Well I will make back up plans for Gore Or Killington.

Thanks Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
They were out grooming last night. Open today and tomorrow. I'm certain the guns will be back on late next week when temps drop. It will be fun to watch them as the temps look to stay cold for a few days in a row.
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Awesome Camp Would love to stay at my house and ski at Greek and do some winter hiking and camping!!

Hey my oldest girl is getting good not sure I will be able to keep up soon might have to get you to give her a few pointers to improve.

Thanks...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Very cool! Do you guys hike the Finger Lakes Trail when your up? From time to time I forget it's there until I see some hippie wandering around Tone Rd looking for the trail head. LOL

Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
We sure do. It passes on my land out near Caroline Center.  Great way to stay in shape and its pretty as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice!! It goes right thru the state land across from my house. I just never seem to think of walking my dogs on that trail. Seem to always stick to the truck trail instead.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Did anyone ski this past weekend? Curious how it was, and how the crowds were?  I've been up at Killington, and usually wait until after X-Mas to hit Greek, but wouldn't mind a shorter drive this coming weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
This post was updated on .
Skied Greek on Sunday 12/3/17. 3 trails, Elysian Fields, Karyiutis, and Alpha. Machine made base. No gouges in ski bases. Not many people.

Speculation is that the main snowboard park is being moved from Pollux over to Alchamene - directly under the Quad.

Still trying to figure out beer prices in Trax, Yuengling draft was $5. Labatts Blue Light Pounder was $4.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Thanks for the update, Big D.  Based on the photo, it looks like descent coverage this time of the year.  I know some wet weather is moving through now, but they should be able to crank up the snowmaking later this week. Hopefully they won't lose much coverage.

In terms of moving the terrain park to Alchamene, they originally widened the slope near the bottom in order to accommodate a half pipe/terrain park. My only reservation with the relocation of the park is that Alchamene is a pretty narrow trail. In addition, this may mean that they never run the yellow chair, which is a shame, as Castor is the best beginner trail in the region.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Also someone thinks GP is going to be part of the MaxPass ski pass beginning next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Big D wrote
Also someone thinks GP is going to be part of the MaxPass ski pass beginning next year.
Wes did mention this to me in the spring, and yes, they would like to become part of a consortium. What I don't know is if the Maxpass consortium would accept Greek Peak. My guess is that something may be in the works, given the discount season pass holders receive at Jackson Hole this ski season. With that said, Jackson Hole is a member of the Mountain Collective, so maybe GP is also in discussions with that consortium.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Rj1972 wrote
Big D wrote
Wes did mention this to me in the spring, and yes, they would like to become part of a consortium. What I don't know is if the Maxpass consortium would accept Greek Peak. My guess is that something may be in the works, given the discount season pass holders receive at Jackson Hole this ski season. With that said, Jackson Hole is a member of the Mountain Collective, so maybe GP is also in discussions with that consortium.
Unless the MCP is going to change their strategy completely, the likelihood of GP joining the MAX Pass is a lot higher.  That's not to say there couldn't be a 1-1 agreement of some sort between JH and GP.  Aspen Ski Co. has already made it clear that Aspen/Snowmass will stay in the MCP.  Mammoth and Squaw/Alpine is another story.

Assuming the MAX Pass loses the former Intrawest locations, then need to find at least a few new places.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
what's the Jackson hole passholders deal?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
gorgonzola wrote
what's the Jackson hole passholders deal?
40% off Jackson Hole lift tickets when you show your GP pass.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Greek had their guns fired up last night and still going this AM. Combine that with the fresh inch and it should be a good weekend on the hill.

Wonder how many days the Song/Lab pass holders have gotten  so far this year
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I don't even believe Song or Lab even started making snow yet, which is surprising.  Of course passholders could go to Okemo under the reciprocity agreement.

I do like GP's snowmaking plan this year to blow on Alpha, the Fields, Karyotis, Meadow, Stoic, and Platonic. That beats just trying to open the Iliad and Alpha slopes.  

On an aside, they are having a $5 Ski Company day on Sunday, so need to make a decision shortly what I'm doing this weekend. I had planned to go to GP, but may just do the drive to Killington after lunch. I'm not certain how much business the $5 day would generate this early in the season???
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Greek had their guns fired up last night and still going this AM. Combine that with the fresh inch and it should be a good weekend on the hill.

Wonder how many days the Song/Lab pass holders have gotten  so far this year
Camp, if you're getting excited about an inch...dang, I feel bad for your gf.
1234567 ... 32