637 messages Options
1 ... 2829303132
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

camhan22
This post was updated on .
Dang, what looked like a nice end to the season with some sun and warmer temps has turned into CRAP!  Forecast is not looking good for GPs final day tomorrow with prediction of rain and/or turning to icy mix later, cloudy skies and wind at 15mph.  Not what I want for my last runs...thanks, but I'll probably pass.

And the webcam view doesn't look pretty
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Yeah, they were out grooming this morning, but last weekend was my final weekend at GP for the season.  I'll likely get a few more weekends at Killington before calling it quits for the season.

Once again, GP is closing on a Saturday, so those who travel a distance likely will not make the drive for only one day. Although it wasn't exactly crowded last weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by camhan22
Auggie --- today would've been the the day, bro. It's wicked noice out there.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
I skied four runs and called it good. Three were on the bunny slope. I was trying  find some actual snow.

That makes  day 33.  There were a few rough days, but mostly, it was a good season.
Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
GP webcams look like it is Feb. Full coverage on Iliad.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's crazy! They were out plowing this AM. It was a full on blizzard last night.
Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22
I was out in it watching my daughter play lacrosse in Auburn last night.  We found out mesh in a girls lacrosse stick doesn't work well when it is 33 degrees and snowing...it tends to FREEZE!  This weather has been terrible for the high school Spring sports teams
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Ski Area Managements Annual Best and Worst Awards

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Middle of the night - unloading lift towers!
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looks like the Windham F.  Where would they use it?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Wow!  This is interesting news. I haven't been to GP in months, so have been out of the loop.

BIg D, If that was Windham's "F" lift, it is a long lift that served about 1500 vertical.  Where on earth do they plan on installing it?  

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Windham F confirmed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
According to their FB page, it will be going to replace chair 3, which is the beginner chair.  That is the shortest chair they have, so there will be plenty of spare parts left.  

They are also replacing the chairs on chair 5 with ones that have foot rests.  If my math is right and the Windham F lift is 1500 vertical, there should be enough chairs to replace the ones on chair 5 and replace chair 3 all together and still have some backup parts for their other lifts and have a slew of old triple and double chairs to sell to the public.  Snoloco may want to double check my math on this though.

They are saying the replacement of chair 3 will be next summer.  The replacement of the chairs on chair 5 will take place before this upcoming season.

This is all just my take of it based on what I read on their Facebook page.

Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
That’s rather interesting, Joneski.

What you’re suggesting makes sense, as I can’t imagine the $1M in upgrades they planned for this summer could include snow making upgrades, new snow cats, and new chairs for lift 5. I don’t recall the last decade I rode the F chair at Windham, given that the HSQ parallels it, but if that chair has footrests, you’ve likely hit the nail on the  head.

I just hope the lift is in good shape, as it has to be at least 30+ years old. Windham does tend to take care of their lifts, so this may have been a really good purchase for GP.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Rj1972 wrote
I just hope the lift is in good shape, as it has to be at least 30+ years old. Windham does tend to take care of their lifts, so this may have been a really good purchase for GP.
This chair is said to be in very good shape.  

It's a Hall of course, and it wasn't run much once that "new" lift was put next to it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Harvey wrote
Rj1972 wrote
This chair is said to be in very good shape.  

It's a Hall of course, and it wasn't run much once that "new" lift was put next to it.
That’s good to know.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Hollenbeck's opens 9/22

just sayin'
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
campgottagopee wrote
Hollenbeck's opens 9/22

just sayin'
Yay!  It's that time of the year.  I'm about finished with all of this late summer heat.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
1 ... 2829303132