classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
637 messages Options
1 ... 26272829303132
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

wonderpony
Conditions today did not suck.  And, I am super pumped because I got kinda bored on Iliad and screwed up my courage to go over to Odyssey, giving myself full permission to side slip downwards, go slow, and basically look like absolute shit going down the hill.  But, that never happened.  After my first, tentative run down, I was like again, again, again! AND, I kept my left ski down during the turns, which is huge for me.  It's a major panic maneuver and is my nemesis.  I have skied Odyssey before, but had one craptastic run down it last year which threw me.  

Get there tomorrow if you can!

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
GP says they are aiming to stay open through April 15, weather permitting, of course. My birthday is April 16.  I have the day off from work.  With a wee bit of luck, I will be able to ski on my birthday, or at least pretty darn close to it.  :)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Right on WP, there is a lot of snow still out there!

Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
I sure hope it last till the 16th I am coming up the weekend of the 7-8th need to bring my girls!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
northerncajun wrote
I sure hope it last till the 16th I am coming up the weekend of the 7-8th need to bring my girls!!
Judging from the snow pack and the long range forecast I'm thinking you will be good to go!
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
WOOHOO!!!!!!

Thanks Camp!
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
This post was updated on .
What a Royal F.... up. Turns out if you are a member of TCSC (Triple Cities Ski Club) you could show your membership card and get the $450 rate beyond the deadlines.

It was because 38 members of the ski club were on their week long western trip to Utah from 3/9 to 3/17 and missed the 3/10 deadline. They claim they tried to order their passes on 3/10 by phone and the net and encountered problems ordering.

Whose idea was this F Up?

(now people are asking if other ski clubs get the exemption or just the one club)
(I think Camp and his A18 gang should be also exempt)

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Big D wrote
What a Royal F.... up. Turns out if you are a member of TCSC (Triple Cities Ski Club) you could show your membership card and get the $450 rate beyond the deadlines.

It was because 38 members of the ski club were on their week long western trip to Utah from 3/9 to 3/17 and missed the 3/10 deadline. They claim they tried to order their passes on 3/10 by phone and the net and encountered problems ordering.

Whose idea was this F Up?

(now people are asking if other ski clubs get the exemption or just the one club)
WTF is right! I tried to get mine too but I was too late but I didn't whine and cry about it, I just didn't get one.  What a bunch of cry babies those guys are.

Man talk  about another FU to the Greek Peak faithful, eh??
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Nothing surprises me anymore. I've never seen a business with a worse marketing department.
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
pro2860 wrote
Nothing surprises me anymore. I've never seen a business with a worse marketing department.
Does anyone in their marketing department check in with this thread occasionally, even as a lurker -- or like the majority of ski areas, they can't be bothered?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
bumps wrote
pro2860 wrote
Does anyone in their marketing department check in with this thread occasionally, even as a lurker -- or like the majority of ski areas, they can't be bothered?
One of the owners posts here on occasion as GPPartner
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Big D
Big D wrote
I was wondering if that was ever going to become widespread knowledge, and how people would react if it did. I forget how many people are in the club, but there was an email that went out with this information to all members.

I think Greek's pricing strategy was very successful at pissing people off.
Reply | Threaded
|

timbly
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
You only feel that way because of all of the things in the works that they can't tell you yet: They got so many visitors from New Jersey and PA this year that they no longer need patronage from Syracuse, Ithaca, Dryden, Cortland, Norwich etc. In fact, they're changing all of the GP Ski Resort directions signs to steer people from the north, east, and west to Truxton and Tully. In addition, Hollenbeck's has committed to becoming a hipster hard cidery, brewery, and locovore restaurant this summer. I, myself, am wishing I had property in the Gridley Creek Valley 'cuz some smart developer will be looking for a place to put a luxury condo/hotel complex to handle all of the overflow from Hope Lake Lodge and I'd like to sell it to them so I can retire! Virgil, NY! It's the next Las Vegas, mark my words!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
timbly wrote
pro2860 wrote
You only feel that way because of all of the things in the works that they can't tell you yet: They got so many visitors from New Jersey and PA this year that they no longer need patronage from Syracuse, Ithaca, Dryden, Cortland, Norwich etc. In fact, they're changing all of the GP Ski Resort directions signs to steer people from the north, east, and west to Truxton and Tully. In addition, Hollenbeck's has committed to becoming a hipster hard cidery, brewery, and locovore restaurant this summer. I, myself, am wishing I had property in the Gridley Creek Valley 'cuz some smart developer will be looking for a place to put a luxury condo/hotel complex to handle all of the overflow from Hope Lake Lodge and I'd like to sell it to them so I can retire! Virgil, NY! It's the next Las Vegas, mark my words!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by timbly
They never should've let Travis go when they got him back for the second time. That guy is good, connected, and an amazing forward thinker.

Aiden, who runs Trax is sharp, real sharp --- they need to lean on him as he has the same qualities
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
If Gatherings/Rafters were to ever open it's doors again you can bet that they would have to live off all thos peeps from PA and JerZ cause the boys from the Valley would disappear
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Day 30 for me ar GP.  The best run I found to avoid the ice was Fields to Christy's. Fun, fun, fun! But, I'm pretty sure that won't work tomorrow because the cover in between Fields and Christy's was pretty thin.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Skied Greek on Easter Sunday 4/1/18. Never softened up much. Was firm/hard and some icy patches. A departing pic at 6:00 pm at the end of the day:

On the way up, I saw this 1950's Ford Pickup at Greggs Big M in Marathon, being transported:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Big D wrote

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
In reply to this post by Big D
Big D I will be up this weekend hope to get in a few runs. Do you think it will still be fair given the rain coming this week?

Camp you went this weekend whats you’re take.
1 ... 26272829303132