Greek Peak Conditions (2018 - 2019)

323 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 33
pro2860 pro2860
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Yes lots of POW, lots of wind, and lots of snow guns blowing!
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

I got five inches of lake effect at my house, half an hour away from GP. They were catching some bands that missed me. Should be a great weekend!!!!!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

ANNND... WILL THERE BE ANY PICS, EVER, IN THIS THREAD?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Next time I end up backwards on the Bunny slope, amidst schrapnel, I will make sure to post a picture!
Joneski73 Joneski73
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
ANNND... WILL THERE BE ANY PICS, EVER, IN THIS THREAD?

I’ll be there on Sunday, Harv.  I’ll see what I can do👍
Cornhead Cornhead
Reply |

Pics complements of Harv's good buddy.
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

I was lazy and didn't get there until 10. Bad move on my part. The parking lot was full because of the race. The top of Iliad was also skied off. Trojan was a bit rough. Fields was variable, but nice. Stoic was a dream! :) Lots of nice snow and perfect.

There were whales all over the place. Tomorrow should be even better!
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

WP --- don't forget about Cristy's  Run ----- if you can hit it before they set up for NASTAR it typically has some of the best snow on the hill. Whenever I ski Fields I always will hit Cristy's instead of Stoic, for me it has less traffic and I almost always have that trail to myself.

Glad you had a good day --- I'm at work
Joneski73 Joneski73
Reply |

Nice bluebird day today.  There were a few areas where it was skied off, but for the most part the the snow was fast, chalky, and edgeable.  Cover in the trees was very thin, but they were skiable as long as you were cautious.  

If favorable snowmaking conditions continue through this week, and the potential upcoming snowstorm materializes, next weekend could be pretty good
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Bring on the snow!!! We need some!  I got there are 9:30 this morning, and by that time there were patches on Iliad and Fields that had been skied off, but the skiing was ok.  They also had only had the quad running, and things were a bit slow loading  (There needs to be something on the waiver that says, "I will respect the fact that people are skiing, want to get on the lift, and will take my boring cell phone conversations away from the lift line. Junior and I will discuss pb&j vs. bananas at another location, as well.")  So, due to stupidity and rudeness in the lift line, I went over to chair 4.  Trojan skied really nice for four runs, and then started to get skied off, and it was time to adult.

Sadly, I think that my ski pants, which are only a few years old, are no longer waterproof in the posterior region.  :p  I left my skis for a tune up, and am hoping that the windchill won't be as bad as they say,so I can ski tomorrow!
1 ... 45678910 ... 33