323 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

wonderpony
Ok. Thanks

Great day for snow, rough day for lifts again. On  my last ride up, chair 1 and the quad were alternating stopping. It was almost like there wasn't enough energy to run them both. One would move ten feet or so and stop, and then the other would do the same. I was quite happy to finally make it to the top!  When I left, they were loading the quad, and chair 1 was spinning, but they weren't loading it. I wonder what's going on?
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
Nice conditions at Greek tonight.  Lifts are running smooth.

Cool snowmaking whales along Trojan.
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
So, chair 1 went down for a couple of hours today due to a mechanical issue. I sat on the stopped chair for around 10 minutes before they got it going again, but then they took it down, and spent the next couple of hours repairing it.

It was déjà vu from last Sunday when they had more lifts down then they had running.

I also noticed the large piles of snow on Lower Pollux today. Might they actually be trying to open the quarter pipe? If so, they may be able to put the pipe dragon to use that they purchased six years ago.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Thanks for the invite Camp but I'm only going to be there for a few hours in the morning - you guys probably won't be up and going yet! Have fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Excellent skiing all over at Greek today, and what I experienced was all lifts seemed to be running and loading quite well!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
billyymc wrote
Excellent skiing all over at Greek today, and what I experienced was all lifts seemed to be running and loading quite well!
Yes, today was a great day! No problems at all, and some really good skiing and mild weather.

It was nice to see the crowds yesterday and today. I can’t recall the last time I saw lines on chair 4. Hopefully, they generated a bit of revenue this weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Really super nice conditions on Fields this morning. Illiad was a bit rough. But what a nice day for skiing.

The only downside was that there were a lot of really rude people there today, who apparently never learned how to go to the end of the line, instead of cutting in, and who can't read parking signs. By the time I left around noon, the walkway had turned into a parking lot.  I think that they should have been towed to the farthest corner of the second lot.

And, then there was the guy who missed the end of my skis when they were on my shoulder by about an inch. I think about moving them, but was curious to see if he would actually hit them.   And, finally there was the group of 5 or 6 young humans who made a practice of bombing Illiad. Hopefully, they got their tickets pulled.

Other than human stupidity, it was a really nice day!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Wonderpony, the only other observation I could add to your review is that they couldn’t get chair two going today until a few minutes ago.

They have been having no luck with their lifts this year.

I think it’s getting to be about time to begin replacing them.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Skied a couple hours this morning at Greek. Anything groomed as very nice. Zeus was surprisingly good with just at tiny bit of avoidable ice.

Off the groomers was another story. Hard icy crusty frozen hell. Alsos was open and it was the first time I can remember bailing out halfway down because it was so bad. Very thin too - probably gone if Sunday is warm and wet.

Tomorrow will probably be the same with good skiing on the groomed runs.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
GP closed today due to high winds.

Good call by them
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Greek skied good Sunday. Only Illiad and Trojan were groomed, but everything skied pretty sweetly. Very fast, I was tempted to download a ski app to see just how fast. It was windy, the gap up the quad was pretty brutal, especially first thing, it rained a little. We spent most of the day on 4, much more sheltered from the wind. Only windy at the very top.
Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
Looks like they were making snow again after the winds died down.  Glad to see them putting some fresh stuff down after President's Day.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Season Pass pricing just came out for next year...

Single increased from $450 to $475. They may be purchased from 3/1 thru 4/30.

$600 from 5/1 thru 9/30.

Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Spartan at GP was Awesome!  Did it last year (March 2018).   Yeah!  The first, and one of the only, Winter events from Spartan.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice!!

You doing it again this year?
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
Season Pass pricing just came out for next year...

Single increased from $450 to $475. They may be purchased from 3/1 thru 4/30.

$600 from 5/1 thru 9/30.
Nice.  No competing with other skiers for the best pricing like last year.  Thank you to management for listening
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Telemarkdown demos and tele-fest Saturday, although it appears they are trying to keep it a secret

I may head up, only ski'd Greek once this year on opening day. Thinking about adding an XC(D) lap in Kennedy, anybody ever connected to the trail off of #2?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You can get to Kennedy off of 1 or 2

The truck trail goes real close to the top of both lifts, I think it's actually closer off of 1

We'll be bombing around on sleds both saturday afternoon and all day on sunday so may see you at Trax.

We got 5ish yesterday, calling for more saturday and sunday so it should be good.
1 ... 45678910 ... 17