I'm Not Happy (version 2.0)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
104 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I'm Not Happy (version 2.0)

JasonWx
You drive round trip to ski mt snow??... 7hrs of driving  that is flat out crazy...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
We stayed overnight for this trip.  We have done it as a day trip and it is quite doable.  You just can't get there at open.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Back to the original topic:

I spent over half an hour writing up my Mount Snow trip report from Sunday.  Not a single response to it in over 5 hours.  I guess no one cares because it's in Vermont and south of Killington.  Oh it's in Southern Vermont, therefore it sucks, end of discussion.  And you're the same people who call me out for making generalizations (which I do make some of the time).  If I'm going to spend my time to create a report, I'd like for people to at least acknowledge that it exists.
You'll be a lot happier if you post for yourself, not for external validation.  If I was after clicks, comments and pageviews I would have given up on my blog years ago.  Which, by the way, is HERE HERE HERE!!!.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I agree, don't post stuff expecting people to enjoy it.  Some people will read it, and just not comment.  Others will try to shoot you down.  Some will connect with it.

I'm sure LOTS of people glaze right over stuff I say because they think I'm either trying to troll them, or I'm being a self-righteous prick (which is a form of trolling).

I find in real life, I don't talk about things I enjoy because most people don't care.  I kind of expect that.  You should too, the majority of people's ideals won't align with yours.

Here, do it because you like to write about it.  It's also a lot bigger space, so likely at least one person will like it.  They may not tell you, but not everyone feels the need to validate everything they read.

If you are writing things on internet pages to feel validation about what you do, then you are going be very disappointed.  If you need to feel validated about what you do, then you should really question why you do it.  For anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
LOL Jeff.

Seriously though do it if you like it, for the love of the game!

That Mt Snow TR got some eyeballs. I posted a link on our FB page and maybe 700 saw the link, some likes and a few comments

BTW I don't post links to conditions threads nearly as often as it's sort of a PITA.

Sno I do think you are a prime candidate for starting your own blog. When you do that, you write stuff that means something to you and you'll attract people who are interested in the same kinds of things.

Last 7 days, pageviews on forum pages with Mount Snow in the title:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MikeK
One reason I like to write about it is so I can remember it.

I remember this day at Gore like it was yesterday, because I wrote about it.

Probably reread it 10 times.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Those views were mine.  I wasn't sure if anyone else posted a TR from there, so I searched for it and read them.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
231 times?

but seriously, it only counts uniques, right Harvey?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
No, the older ones were my views.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
unless the trip or pics are extrordinary in some way i don't get really get doing tr's other than the self validation thing.  what kind of comments were you expecting... ho hum conditions on groomers ...lol?
"way to get after it bro"  can't even say looks like you were having fun with no action shots of either you or sno dad... in this weird age we live in it seems like the focus is more on the record of the event  and how many "likes" you get than just going out and enjoying yourself
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
snoloco wrote
Back to the original topic:

I spent over half an hour writing up my Mount Snow trip report from Sunday.  Not a single response to it in over 5 hours.  I guess no one cares because it's in Vermont and south of Killington.  Oh it's in Southern Vermont, therefore it sucks, end of discussion.  And you're the same people who call me out for making generalizations (which I do make some of the time).  If I'm going to spend my time to create a report, I'd like for people to at least acknowledge that it exists.
 not true, if sno dad took a pic of you huckin your meat off a 3 footer at magic id give you some kudos!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Any tr is better than no tr. He is providing entertainment and I appreciate that. The last pic looking over the lake was super sweet and I think I prefer it over a selfie!

Since we are on the "check me out age" I am totally done with the slefie stick go pro shots. I really don't care to be looking back at someones mug while they do one arm only pole plants. Just stop people! :) I just had to throw that out there.

I'm guessing you just posted that tr up yesterday Sno? Maybe give it a day or two before getting your panties in a bunch. Keep posting the tr's, I really like seeing pictures from the places I skied as a kid.

I never have been to Birk East and I always wanted to get there. The town looks cool too. Quaint I suppose.  

Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I too thought the pictures were nice and well taken.

It just didn't blow my mind to the point where I thought I needed to validate it (not trying to be a dick, just being honest).

Any TR is nice to see the conditions in any given area and for said author to keep a record of what they've done.  Gotta get over the views though.

I read lots of forums and lots of TRs get no response.  Some are actually pretty spectacular, some are ordinary.  I don't discriminate based on that, but particular commentary or pictures may entice me to start up a conversation, ask a question or just saw WOW.

Don't be hard on yourself.  Actually talking about is going to make people less likely to view your content just out of spite.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Any tr is better than no tr. He is providing entertainment and I appreciate that. The last pic looking over the lake was super sweet and I think I prefer it over a selfie!

Since we are on the "check me out age" I am totally done with the slefie stick go pro shots. I really don't care to be looking back at someones mug while they do one arm only pole plants. Just stop people! :) I just had to throw that out there.

I'm guessing you just posted that tr up yesterday Sno? Maybe give it a day or two before getting your panties in a bunch. Keep posting the tr's, I really like seeing pictures from the places I skied as a kid.

I never have been to Birk East and I always wanted to get there. The town looks cool too. Quaint I suppose.
I love this one very much.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I love this one very much.

Undoubtedly, the best selfie I've seen in a while.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
snoloco wrote
Those views were mine.  I wasn't sure if anyone else posted a TR from there, so I searched for it and read them.
Pageviews for the Mount Sno TR are up to 298. Uniques are 215. I know I read it twice.

Looks like 18 are from sno's hometown.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Proof that if you throw a little hissy fit, you get what you want!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Z
From what I see the only Conditions threads that really get a lot of action are Gore, Whiteface and Greek.

There is a like button on every post. Look at the top of the page or under the more button.

I also thought the Mount Sno TR was decent.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
That is a FB like

What does that mean and where does it show?  We need a Harv Like?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Sno you disrupt,hijack,destroy threads constantly. Your narcissistic behavior becomes intolerable. You do seem very knowledgeable in many things about the skiing industry. Please be courteous to others in staying on topic especially the Gore conditions thread which unless you have  plans on skiing at or have been skiing at you have no reason to be commenting on. Now take your Ridalin and play nicely.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.