classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
104 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I'm Not Happy (version 2.0)

Harvey
Administrator
If you have ever met freeheeln he is a thoughtful and somewhat reserved person. To get this ^^ kind of comment out of him says something.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
^^^^^ THIS !!  Sno give it a rest  huh , the world does not revolve around you , post what you will but there IS areason others may NOT respond to a whiny baby
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
The kid wants attention, even if its negative, and you guys keep giving it to him. If you stop he probably will too.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
The Koreans say:

"Crying baby gets the milk"

Which is similar to our:

"Squeaky wheel gets the grease"

Except their saying actually is slightly derogatory (as it reads), whereas ours is slightly positive, meaning more like speak if you need something.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
FWIW, which isn't much at all, Sno is no Glade Runner.  I don't believe he is pushing buttons or looking for attention.  He has some passions and an interest in skiing, and he has found a place he can express that.  At times he's got some good and insightful things to share.  I think everyone sees that, because people wouldn't engage him as much as they do if they thought he was the next coming Glade Runner.  The bad side of things......well, he's a clueless teenager.  Not saying that to knock him.  99% of teenagers are clueless, and immature, and self focused.  They lack the experience and communication skills to effectively communicate in grown up society.  They are working their way there, but it's a process.  This forum represents society for Sno (although I won't necessarily call it grown up ), and Sno is struggling to find his voice, even if he doesn't realize it himself yet.  As I've tried to tell him, he needs to alter his communication style.  Again, we have all kept the communication going because I think we mostly realize his narcissism and other faults are more the result of innocent youthful immaturity than the desire to be a malicious troll.  Problem is, people are getting frustrated that Sno isn't getting the message we are trying to give him.  That message isn't that we don't want him to share and he should go away, but that he needs to develop a communication style that is more mature and conducive to adult convo.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
JTG4eva! wrote
I don't believe he is pushing buttons or looking for attention.  He has some passions and an interest in skiing, and he has found a place he can express that
Well, Sno has said this:

"I get at least 70-80 ski days each year, but that comes at a cost of not having much of a social life in school.  I also am not able to take up any other activities during the winter."

Seems to me he craves attention, and here he gets what he probably isn't getting elsewhere. His habit of frequently injecting something that will redirect the focus to him is a tell-tale sign. He's just a kid. Let him be, since he's not getting the message from those trying to educate him.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
Sno you disrupt,hijack,destroy threads constantly. Your narcissistic behavior becomes intolerable. You do seem very knowledgeable in many things about the skiing industry. Please be courteous to others in staying on topic especially the Gore conditions thread which unless you have  plans on skiing at or have been skiing at you have no reason to be commenting on. Now take your Ridalin and play nicely.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
In reply to this post by snoloco
To be fair, I believe that Sno has a lot to offer to this forum community.  I thought the google map markups regarding the trail expansion of Burnt Ridge were interesting (see it for yourself in the Gore Conditions thread.)   He just needs to post in the appropriate thread or create a new one.  

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
He is just a kid.

I know I sure was goofy at his age.

I like a lot of his posts. I even like to hear how he would run a ski area no matter how silly it is sometimes. He reminds me of myself a little at that age in that way.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by CMR
It's the 27 8x10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back. Just tedious.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Jeff I love your blog. Read it whenever you post new. Never ever comment. Thanks for the great photos and family time stories!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
I agree with RA,he's just a kid,goofy about amusement parks and bubble lifts.

Sno, I think your great and I hope you post here a long time to come.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I posted my full Gore "Master Plan" in the Ski Area Improvements thread.  http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Ideas-for-Ski-Area-Improvements-td4070254i30.html#a4071805
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Coach Z wrote
gully washer
Which they'll likely get this week.
Petronio wrote
Sno, I like you, and I think some people give you too hard a time on this board, but can you please keep your schadenfreude (or whatever it is that causes you to focus on the negative, especially when it comes to Gore) off this thread.  This is a thread about current conditions.  You don't need to prognosticate about future conditions.  We all know it's a shitty season this year.

Petronio
He's a frickin' troll
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

noip
well that is 10 minutes I'll never get back...
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Mountain Creek decided to close all but one trail on Bear Peak to race on one (there are 4 trails).  It was fine to open Bear Claw to race on Kamikaze all year, but now, they were feeling super entitled and closed it and the racers get to have it all to themselves and they're not even training on it.  Nice job.  Way to ruin what could have been a great day.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I have a box of extra soft tissues to help dry your tears over your first world issues.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
If your favorite trails at your home mountain were repeatedly closed for absolutely no reason then how would you feel?  Exactly the way I do.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
snoloco wrote
If your favorite trails at your home mountain were repeatedly closed for absolutely no reason then how would you feel?  Exactly the way I do.

You got it so easy kid you don't even know.

Ever dig ditches so you could eat that day?

Life and the quality of is all about perspective.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
You completely dodged my question.  The reason they closed the trail I'm referring to is because where it merges in there are spectators standing.  It could be solved by moving the race finish up 15 feet.  Wouldn't be easy to tell all the snobby, rich, entitled, race parents to watch from the other side, or else they would melt down and say how they are being "treated like low life's".  It's so easy to move the finish 15 feet, but no, the other paying customers have to be screwed instead.