classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
104 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: JUNIOR PROM ADVICE FOR JUNIOR?

campgottagopee
Nah dude.

I think it matters, life lessons and all that.

Wish I would've listened to all of this advise when I was JR's age. But I already knew everything. With any luck he's smarter than I am.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I think RA is saying to keep things in perspective which is good advice. The problem in front of us today will be addressed today. Tomorrow comes with new problems which will be addressed then as today’s fade into memory
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Don't forget gum and a corsage for her.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Marcski
Thanks Marc ,doing fine for an old fart, looking forward to chasing the lil white ball soon

All the best to you and enjoy Mtn bike season
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
With age, wisdom, and 20/20 hindsight it’s easy to say that, and you are absolutely right that a Junior Prom in the school gym isn’t likely to register as a blip on the screen of most peoples lives when they look back, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter.  

It’s hard being a teenager sometimes.  School events are what mostly makes up their lives.  These events, and how kids deal with them, help to shape who they become, even though we don’t realize it at the time.  So, every experience matters, even if it gets long lost in the rear view.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
At the same time, if him or one of his buddies gets so drunk that they get kicked out...... Or loses their virginity to the hottest chick in the class.....then this will be a memory that is talked about for decades to come.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
You never do know......

Take MC Duck Man for instance.  I’ve come to realize MC is more than a liberal wet behind the ears dreamer with his head in the clouds (or up his ass) who has a lot of growing/wising up to do for a 35 year old.  He’s actually the living embodiment of an 80’s Brat Pack coming of age film!  

Well, sort of....but it seems he never came of age.  The fact that the advice he gave in this thread was lifted straight from the thirty three year old Pretty in Pink script might offer some evidence of that.  I bet he’s still got a Molly Ringwald poster stashed away.  But I digress.

We all remember Duckie, with his dapper shoes and distinctive style.  At that prom the Duck Man didn’t get the girl that he wanted, but he stayed true to himself and his friends, he got noticed, and at the end of the night he found himself with a hot girl.

Maybe Duckie and his new found babe went to Starbucks the next day and ended up getting married and living a long, happy life together......or perhaps they just hooked up and MC Duckie got some game before heading off to college to creep out more girls there......but the point is you just never know what experience in life, even as a Junior at a prom, is going to end up being significant.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
At the same time, if him or one of his buddies gets so drunk that they get kicked out...... Or loses their virginity to the hottest chick in the class.....then this will be a memory that is talked about for decades to come.
I guess defining what a successful night would look like is important as well
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
JTG4eva! wrote
You never do know......

Take MC Duck Man for instance.  I’ve come to realize MC is more than a liberal wet behind the ears dreamer with his head in the clouds (or up his ass) who has a lot of growing/wising up to do for a 35 year old.  He’s actually the living embodiment of an 80’s Brat Pack coming of age film!  

Well, sort of....but it seems he never came of age.  The fact that the advice he gave in this thread was lifted straight from the thirty three year old Pretty in Pink script might offer some evidence of that.  I bet he’s still got a Molly Ringwald poster stashed away.  But I digress.

We all remember Duckie, with his dapper shoes and distinctive style.  At that prom the Duck Man didn’t get the girl that he wanted, but he stayed true to himself and his friends, he got noticed, and at the end of the night he found himself with a hot girl.

Maybe Duckie and his new found babe went to Starbucks the next day and ended up getting married and living a long, happy life together......or perhaps they just hooked up and MC Duckie got some game before heading off to college to creep out more girls there......but the point is you just never know what experience in life, even as a Junior at a prom, is going to end up being significant.
Have you seen MC's wife? He got the girl alright. Dude is doing something right.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
There’s a match out there for everyone, I’m truly glad they found each other.  You never know when or where that’s going to happen.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
The gap between what JTG knows about me and what JTG thinks he knows about me is fucking hilarious.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
It's just fun to play the assumption game here in internetland.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
So true, on so many fronts.  I’m glad I could bring you a laugh, Duck Man.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
I take no pleasure in finding out that the people on this forum who might be fun to ski with are otherwise total idiots.

But back on topic, I think there's a disconnect between people who think that showering a woman with attention & gifts is creepy and people who that think that my strategy (confidence, chillness, & letting the girl come to you) is somehow creepy.

I don't know, man, maybe everyone has their own style that works for them (or maybe most advice is stupid because the people giving it lucked into whatever romantic situations they experienced).

At least nobody is pitching the D.E.N.N.I.S. technique.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I don’t think any particular approach is creepy, be it to shower women with attention and win them over, or play it super chill and let them come to you.  That’s not the point.

I’m not sure I’m cool with the implication of where either of those approaches leads.  How about we clarify what “hooking up, getting your game on, and being in a romantic situation” mean, exactly.  Are we talking about going home with any girl at the end of the night and, hopefully, having cheap, meaningless sex?

I don’t really know (or care) if anyone else is cool with that, but I’m not, not for a teenager.

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Can't stop the rain. So have at it, just be smart.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Ya know, I was just thinking to myself that this forum could use some more bullshit moralizing.

Can't wait to hear a bunch of old guys getting out their fainting couches because young people want to touch each other.

Happy Easter, bud.

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Hey, everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions.  I got the clarification I needed, so I’ll move on.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Ha, yeah, for the record, juniors not getting laid at prom, guys. They won’t have that level of privacy even if they wanted to.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
And I wonder, still I wonder...who’ll stop the rain?

Brownski, that’s who!