|

Re: Lift Ticket Prices for 14-15

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
campgottagopee wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Noah John wrote
What you don't know about winter meteorology would fill a library.
Please elaborate troll. You're trolling as hard as you can. You don't even understand the concept of a 30 year climate normals. Do you even know what weather models are and how to read them? GFS Euro ect? Do you know what isobars are? Lines of equal pressure. Do you know lows spin counter clockwise? Do you know anything?

Oh boy --- this is gonna be great

you took that hook line and sinker PowderDumbAss
I know I'm being trolled by idiots. Oh and I have a life. That's why I'm not constantly on here posting when you guys are wondering where I am.
Have you ever rode jay moron?
Yes I've rode Jay. I visited Montreal then went there. Good ski area and they have a great water park as well, which is a really nice touch after skiing.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
campgottagopee wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Noah John wrote
Please elaborate troll. You're trolling as hard as you can. You don't even understand the concept of a 30 year climate normals. Do you even know what weather models are and how to read them? GFS Euro ect? Do you know what isobars are? Lines of equal pressure. Do you know lows spin counter clockwise? Do you know anything?

I know I'm being trolled by idiots. Oh and I have a life. That's why I'm not constantly on here posting when you guys are wondering where I am.
Yes I've rode Jay. I visited Montreal then went there. Good ski area and they have a great water park as well, which is a really nice touch after skiing.
If that is true then wouldn't you say Montreal and Jay aren't all that close to each other?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
This I can't explain. Where is that taken - summit?

The Mansfield Stake (measures depth not snowfall) on average tops out at around 75 inches - that's like 6 feet of snow on the ground.

I know for a fact that Gore averages around 150 per year and snow depth is usually 2-3 feet at 2000 feet before it starts to melt. Hard to buy that Mansfield only gets 222 at the summit.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
campgottagopee wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Noah John wrote

You Moron
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
PowderAssassin wrote
Because you guys are so dumb it's annoying me. You don't know anything about meteorological sciences. You're just skiers. It's like someone with no medical training telling an MD how they know everything.
Come on guys, we need to show him some respect, he's Dr. Asshole, PhD (Piled Higher and Deeper). He got his degree from the famous Diamond Match Box company.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

The Mansfield Stake (measures depth not snowfall) on average tops out at around 75 inches - that's like 6 feet of snow on the ground.

I know for a fact that Gore averages around 150 per year and snow depth is usually 2-3 feet at 2000 feet before it starts to melt. Hard to buy that Mansfield only gets 222 at the summit.

Plenty of discussion on it here
http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42421-nne-winter-part-3/page-47#entry2831496

Here's a snippet

I’m not sure that I’m immediately buying the last 15 seasons on Mt. Mansfield as above the long term average with respect to snowfall – we do know that BTV is a dramatically different climate than the top of Mt. Mansfield, and even in the last few years we’ve seen where a great snowfall season at BTV can coincide with a mediocre one on Mt. Mansfield.

I decided to run the numbers on the data we do have from Mt. Mansfield co-op site; it’s only since the 1954-55 season, but as it’s all we’ve got, it’ll have to do.  We know that the Mt. Mansfield co-op data collection method is somewhat flawed due to high winds combined with collection in a recessed container, but as PF has said, it should at least be consistent and the data comparable over the period unless changes were made to the methods at some point.  The 1954-1955, 1963-1964, and 1975-1976 seasons were omitted from the analysis because of large periods of missing data, but all other seasons in the period were used to calculate average season snowfall:

1955-1956 through 1997-1998:  208.5”

1998-1999 through 2012-2013:  207.7”

1955-1956 through 2012-2013:  208.3”

Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
>
DUDE...THE JAY CLOUD IS NOT A METEOROLOGICAL TERM. IT'S A MARKETING TERM. IT'S B.S.
Wrong...it is for real and I have this picture as proof. See how happy and friendly it is? You ought to try that instead of being a constant downer.

WORD

Happy Friday to ALL!!
I think the teens would text:

WORRRDDDDDD
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
My bad
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
Of course he has.  Jay, Dave, Tim, Scott.  He's ridden all those guys.  NTTAWWT.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
NJ FTW

I got WWPAD from yesterday, but  NTTAWWT went right over my head. Please explain
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
It's a Seinfeld.  Not That There's Anything Wrong With That.

"WWPAD?" makes me laugh.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Ahhhhh, thanks.

Yep, WWPAD makes me laughed too.....laughed again just typing that. That and cock holster. I actually used cock holster in a sentence yesterday
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
that shut up powder moron for a bit
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
PowderAsinine.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
As of now, this thread is the most active one that I have ever put up.  My only thread that has more replies is the one about the lift replacement at Gore.  It only has slightly more, but has been up for a year and a half.  This thread has only been up for a month and a half.  Unfortunately, this thread almost completely off topic while the lift replacement thread is almost entirely on topic.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
I got to get out of carpentry and get a job wherever you guys work
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin

If that is true then wouldn't you say Montreal and Jay aren't all that close to each other?
It's only 2 hours away and jay/northern greens gets way more snowfall than the QC area
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
It's only 2 hours away and jay/northern greens gets way more snowfall than the QC area
Good now shut up moron.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

Gore at 2000 feet is way below that. You lose 3.6 degrees for every 1000 feet. Stowe is also a little farther north.
There's very little thaw taking place at that elevation in northern vermont. Look at the average high/low temps. It's colder than quebec city. Average high in January is 17 degrees. Sure it can get above freezing for a day or two, but it's rare just like on mt washington.

It's taken just below the summit. It's hard to measure on the summit itself. Too much wind. I agree mansfield near the summit probably gets a little more than 222(likely way under 300 though) and that's due to some missing measurements during certain events. On the table to your left you can look at a lot of data. But this station gives you a very good idea of the climatology of the area. Of course remember you're not skiing the summit. What the mid elevation snowfall is what you're really skiing. But there's not usually a huge difference anyway. A difference yes obviously, but not HUGE. Sure, once in a while it rains at base, but snows midway up, but that's relatively rare and will make for generally crappy snow anyway. So you can see when you start looking at all these stations in the area what the real deal is. You can also look at the jay peak climate station which is at the base elevation. Jay peak only has 2000 vertical feet anyway. That base station a lot of the time reports almost half/much less of what jay peak officially reports for a season if I recall correctly. I don't remember if it was exactly half, but it was MUCH LESS You can check year by year yourself. So if you do a mid elevation report, you're only gaining 1000 feet. And you're already high up at base at nearly 2000 feet. So that's already way more snow/upslope effect than valley areas(burlington, vt) when you are right at base. A few times you might be raining at base/snowing 1000 feet up, but it's not a HUGE difference or happens all the time. Once in a while.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
You just are a fountain of knowledge Dr. P-Ass, your lectures are so insightful. Though I think you better check your facts, re Gore elevation
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
1 ... 18192021