Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lift Ticket Prices for 14-15

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
freeheeln wrote
i'll bet parking lot of 7/11
Many great skiers were broke ski bums who slept in their van. Many of the nonathletic rich gapers who pay 100 bucks plus at stowe and who post to online message boards suck! That's reality.
I just thought you were a nonathletic poor gaper who posts to online message boards, complaining of prices he can't afford and is embarassed of his home mountain, especially after all the nonstop shit talk from you.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
freeheeln wrote
i'll bet parking lot of 7/11
Many great skiers were broke ski bums who slept in their van. Many of the nonathletic rich gapers who pay 100 bucks plus at stowe and who post to online message boards suck! That's reality.
Interesting observation, so that puts you in the homeless van sleepers that suck category, cause you sure as hell don't ski Stowe.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
PowderAssassin wrote
Oh man, not only do you not bother to read the fact that most of us get there once in a blue moon as a treat, I can safely say that the quality of the stowe skier (midweek) is incredibly high compared to some other mountains. Every east coast skier owes it to themselves to check it once. That's just a fact.

Also, despite the sticker shock, you do get the $5 back on the RFID when you return it
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
ml242 wrote

Oh man, not only do you not bother to read the fact that most of us get there once in a blue moon as a treat, I can safely say that the quality of the stowe skier (midweek) is incredibly high compared to some other mountains. Every east coast skier owes it to themselves to check it once. That's just a fact.

Also, despite the sticker shock, you do get the $5 back on the RFID when you return it
Compared to jackson hole? LOL
Well if you barely ever get to ski it why the hell are you defending it's ridiculous prices. What a bunch of a B.S.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PowderAssassin wrote
ml242 wrote

Well if you barely ever get to ski it why the hell are you defending it's ridiculous prices. What a bunch of a B.S.
I can't believe PowderAss thinks that Stowe is not a good deal compared to $3000 a day for heliskiing!

(This message has been brought to you by the argument style of PowderAss)
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Personally, I'd like to see ski areas implement PSL's (Personal Ski Licenses) and increase lift ticket prices to $300 - $500 for a day ticket. The PSL's could start at say $2500, and increase from there. Based on the license you buy, you'd have different levels of service.

They could replace all the lifts with heated, enclosed bubble chairs, and have stewards provide you with a hot toddy as you load. Groomers could resurface the trails hourly, alternating from one trail to another, so you'd get fresh corduroy all day long. You could have your personal ski caddy with you all day, so that you could immediately change your skis as conditions or trails require. You could change to a ski made for tree skiing as you enter a glade, and when you exit, switch back to your carving skis for the fresh corduroy.

Sound good?
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
PowderAsshat wrote
ml242 wrote

I can't believe PowderAss thinks that Stowe is not a good deal compared to $3000 a day for heliskiing!

(This message has been brought to you by the argument style of PowderAss)
Now who could argue with that logic!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Personally, I'd like to see ski areas implement PSL's (Personal Ski Licenses) and increase lift ticket prices to $300 - $500 for a day ticket. The PSL's could start at say $2500, and increase from there. Based on the license you buy, you'd have different levels of service.

They could replace all the lifts with heated, enclosed bubble chairs, and have stewards provide you with a hot toddy as you load. Groomers could resurface the trails hourly, alternating from one trail to another, so you'd get fresh corduroy all day long. You could have your personal ski caddy with you all day, so that you could immediately change your skis as conditions or trails require. You could change to a ski made for tree skiing as you enter a glade, and when you exit, switch back to your carving skis for the fresh corduroy.

Sound good?
That's the best idea I've ever heard!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
If u can rip it in the east, out west you be the mightiest of beasts!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
PowderAssassin wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I don't need to ski stowe to know it's outrageous to charge over 100 bucks for a lift ticket.
Stowe's lift ticket isn't $108 or $103.  It's $89, exactly the same as Whiteface.  The $103 ($108 if you have to buy the RFID) is the rate for walk-ups to the ticket window.  But you can buy online - including day of - for $89.  Anyone who buys at the window is a chump, there's simply no reason to do it.
LOTS of people pay the walk up rate. They sell tickets at the window for a reason. And 89 is still a complete rip off.
And talk about rip offs ...

The Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular ... $97.30
A "random" rock concert ... $325
An NFL football game ... $117
An NHL hockey game ... $110
A "random" Broadway show ... $151
Disney on Ice (with the kids) ... $30
Bowling in Glens Falls, NY ... $4.29 / game (plus $3.29 to rent shoes) ...

What kind of idiots do this stuff!!!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Face4Me wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I don't need to ski stowe to know it's outrageous to charge over 100 bucks for a lift ticket.
Stowe's lift ticket isn't $108 or $103.  It's $89, exactly the same as Whiteface.  The $103 ($108 if you have to buy the RFID) is the rate for walk-ups to the ticket window.  But you can buy online - including day of - for $89.  Anyone who buys at the window is a chump, there's simply no reason to do it.
LOTS of people pay the walk up rate. They sell tickets at the window for a reason. And 89 is still a complete rip off.

Wicked Larry!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Trolling, trolling on a river.....
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
and it's not even friday yet
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Trolling, trolling on a river.....
If you can't beat 'em ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Face4Me wrote

Wicked Larry!!
$4.29 a game for bowling ... I could probably bowl about 20 games in 6 hours ... holy crap ... that's $85.80 (I had to use my calculator for that) plus the $3.29 for shoes to roll a bowl across the floor at a bunch of wooden things ... talk about a rip off!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Lots of rip offs, let's get near and dear, can you imagine paying a $1.50 for a bottle of craft beer when Old Mill is $0.50 a can, outrageous. Let's boycout craft beer. (Was that over the top?)
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Face4Me wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Face4Me wrote

Wicked Larry!!
$4.29 a game for bowling ... I could probably bowl about 20 games in 6 hours ... holy crap ... that's $85.80 (I had to use my calculator for that) plus the $3.29 for shoes to roll a bowl across the floor at a bunch of wooden things ... talk about a rip off!!!
If you bowled 20 games in one day your damn arm would fall off ---- I miss keggling, a lot
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
I look at the price this way. $89
Divided lets say 15 runs. That's about 6 bucks a lift. A don't know but would you rather pay 6 bucks to get up or walk
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Hmmm.....Almost 10:30 and still no PowderAss.  Let's speculate:

The library won't let him in until he puts on a pair of pants;

The tarp he lives under sprung a leak last night and he's got a really bad head-cold;

He's been re-arrested on those pesky bestiality charges;

He shit himself while posting yesterday and his court appointed psychiatrist wants him to take a day off;

It's the Flat Earth's Society's annual conference and he's presenting a paper

Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
In reply to this post by Thehof
In other words, the faster you ski down the more economical skiing becomes. It's very simple. On a small hill you could get your ticket price down to a few dollars a lift.
"No Falls=No Bslls
1 ... 15161718192021