classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
206 messages Options
1 ... 567891011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Magic Mountain Conditions

JTG4eva!
I think the card let’s you ski any Thursday for $29.  No card needed for designated Throwback Thursdays.  I think.  I don’t have a card and I paid $29 yesterday.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Thanks.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Today was great, nice size crowd.  Plenty of power stashes and corduroy.  The Green Lift looks fantastic, and is nice option when your legs start barking.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Any idea why Magic made no snow this weekend, atleast during the daylight?  Water supply issue?
Reply | Threaded
|

dyslexic
The Throwback Card lets you pay $29 any day you ski. Thursday’s are always $29 for general public.

They did not make snow because the line burst down by the pond. It’s a significant repair and they are not sure what they are going to find when they excavate.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Bummer, I didn't hear that over the weekend.  Hopefully they can fix it asap.  I rode red with several members of a NJ ski club up for the weekend, and they all wondered why the guns were silent.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
In reply to this post by dyslexic
Firm and fast this weekend, but not bad when you would find the softer spots on the edges.  Was a little bummed there was no snowmaking again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by GetAmped
Anybody have a Magic update for me? Looks like a good weekend to visit Albany so I might as well make my way over there tomorrow.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Magic received 10 inches this week, so after Wednesday's pow day hopefully brownie groomed what was left.  Tomorrow is the "Road to Ruin” Mad Dash Downhill race, which should be fun to watch.  The black chair flunked its state inspection today, so old red remains the only way to the top (unless you skin your way up).  Finally taking the wife tomorrow. It will start off quite cold but warm throughout the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Thanks
I think that’s where I’m heading then
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Today was awesome! 3-4" of snow throughout the day was just enough to cover up the very firm base underneath in the woods and on the ungroomed. Steep woods even skied really well. Skied more like 6" than 3"

Picks of the day were Seance, Black Line, Twilight Zone, and the Hallows. Talli and Sorcerer were great too.

Green chair did it's thing handling a horde of racers, and red was pretty much ski on or a 1-5 chair wait. No wind to speak of really either.

Snow did change over to freezing drizzle and it started to fog in right before I left at 2:30, but snowed with good visibility otherwise.

Magic was my Plan B today due to the wind, as I had planned on Pico but it was on wind hold as was most of the state of VT today. Should have made it my Plan A all along! Glad to have gotten 2 great Magic days in so far this season.

I tip my hat, as always, to the Magic crew for all the efforts to improve the mountain and keep it viable for the future.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Hope this isn’t too big a sacrilege but how good is Magic at grooming after a nasty freeze?
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
I skied Magic today for two hours. Very hard pack and ice, but I found some corduroy.  The crud from yesterday was concrete.  No sun to soften the trails.  I will try tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

GetAmped
They groomed Talisman around noon and it was fun as was Wizard in the afternoon.

That said, the best part of Magic was to be found in the BLT with friends enjoying another day together.
Reply | Threaded
|

GetAmped
In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
I'll be back tomorrow. Anyone looking for me can find me off the slopes by walking through the doors from the deck and heading to the seating towards the back left. I'm the guy in the Mickey Mouse cap. The regular crew can be found in that vicinity.

On the hill look for the "Till I Die" stickers on my helmet (among many others), red Marmot shell, blue Patigucci pants and Line Supernatural's with a Magic sticker on the right ski. Not that there will be any opportunity to provide a tour, but I very well may have an extra beer in my pocket for the 12 minute ride up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by GetAmped
GetAmped wrote
They groomed Talisman around noon and it was fun as was Wizard in the afternoon.

That said, the best part of Magic was to be found in the BLT with friends enjoying another day together.
I was there too. Agree Talisman was fun after they fixed it up.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Sunday, Mar 17, St Patty's day, was firm with lake ice on the ungroomed trails. The rain on Friday demoed a lot of the base. The temp did not get out of the 20s.

lots of lake ice

red line was showing lots of dirt and grass all the way up

Friday, Mar 22, is Free Skiing at Magic

Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Awesome today! Only 4-6 inches but they let us to ski the powder on every trail.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Not a bad day, plenty of groomed corn.  The only hindrance was the thick fog that dominated the top half of the mountain, in some spots you could see maybe 10 feet in front of you.  One more weekend and it's a Magic wrap!
1 ... 567891011