Magic Mountain Conditions

164 messages Options
12345678 ... 17
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Magic Mountain Conditions

Way, way......WAY more painful.  At least a stone passes, my in-laws (after the $hit I had to deal with yesterday) are only going to grow into a bigger pia!  I'd gladly pass a dozen stones if it meant I didn't even have to deal with my m-i-l again, ever.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
GetAmped GetAmped
Reply |

Fortunately, it looks like some more snow coming in over the next few days and those refills should sweeten things up quite nicely by Friday.
Rustygroomer Rustygroomer
Reply |

Magic is in great shape right now.
radam radam
Reply |

In reply to this post by GetAmped
If Magic is "on your list" of places to check out... just do yourself a favor and stop wondering if it's going to be good this
weekend.  It will be.  I may or may not be around depending on coaching duties but come upstairs to the bar, find our table, say hey, maybe dole out a few high fives and join in the fun.

A quick teaser from Tuesday's outing:

GetAmped GetAmped
Reply |

A little clip from Ski Vermont features Magic starting at ~ 00.17 (and I resemble that guy at ~00.27):

GetAmped GetAmped
Reply |

Miker's edit from last week:

sig sig
Reply |

looks like magic will be opening on monday. check there web site
riverc0il riverc0il
Reply |

sig wrote
looks like magic will be opening on monday. check there web site
Bummer. I was selfishly hoping they would not open Monday and open Tuesday with a total two day accumulation. Guess it is Cannon Twofer for me on Tuesday, then.
sig sig
Reply |

I also assumed tue.
riverc0il riverc0il
Reply |

sig wrote
I also assumed tue.
They only got 3-4" overnight so it was below their 6" mid-week opening policy. They are expecting another 2-4" overnight tonight so tomorrow definitely will be at or above 6" total. This is about what I figured was going to happen.

On one hand, I think it makes sense to try to extend the weekend for folks already at the mountain, especially those that are interested in not heading home towards metro areas until after the storm ends later today.

On the flip side, I suspect most folks staying the extra night at Magic Sunday night into Monday maybe pass holders. I think they might have done better financially with more revenue if they made Tuesday their powder day and they had the most untracked powder in the northeast up for offer. I might have gone tomorrow but since they opened today, that isn't an option. Today wasn't worth it for 3"(ha! it is funny how the current cycle has warped our perceptions that were much more desperate one month ago).
12345678 ... 17