classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
145 messages Options
1 ... 5678
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Platte 2/2/15

Marcski
This thread is about as stupid as any that PowAss ever started.  Anyone complaining about Tuesday's snow conditions being skied out just plain and simply hasn't skied Platty enough.  The skiing has been off the charts the last two days. Here is a pic of one of my last runs' tracks from today....which is what, 4 -5 days after all this bitching?  Please.

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
LOL...That pic looks an awful lot like the ones posted by Gladerunner bragging about finding untouched pow at Greek days after the storm! Kind of ironic.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
  Anyone complaining about Tuesday's snow conditions being skied out just plain and simply hasn't skied Platty enough.  The skiing has been off the charts the last two days. Here is a pic of one of my last runs' tracks from today....which is what, 4 -5 days after all this bitching?  Please.

Oh give me a break with this B.S.

Looks like a good place to go snow shoeing with all that underbrush and tight trees!

Here's what trees that tight look like skiing them : They guy is barely moving majority of the time. It's safe because he's barely moving. It's cross country skiing. If they thin the trees out enough like the west where you can start really going fast, people are going to get hurt and the less tight trees wouldn't hold the powder at some places on the east with crazy winds.

Mount snow glades/north face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gb1iatES_I

Another skier dies going into a tree. Put netting on a few main trails at the edges. It would make sense. And I don't think people should have their pass pulled for ducking under the netting to go skiing in the woods if they want to. You could even leave a gap at the top of the trail for that.
http://www.wcax.com/story/28049792/skier-dies-at-q-burke-mountain

lmao.....Great picture of some woods and NOT of the trails, which is the part that was tracked out by the group.

Seriously, this forum like many ski forums is CLEARLY totally posted in by just some people who like skiing garbage or who have an agenda. People saying they should just get rid of powder daize? Yeah that's just great.

It was tracked out. It's not fresh pow. They never mentioned it in their trail conditions page. That's b.s. It is what it is.
 I love the pics of traffic in cottonwood canyon...yes what was I thinking....tracked out platekill is so much better than being a season pass holder at ANY mountain in utah....phew....

Anyone with half a brain in their head can see right through this crap. And of course it doesn't snow NON stop at utah resorts every week. That's why buying a plane ticket there is a huge risk. They routinely get feet and feet though, but throwing a dart at a calendar is a risk. And there are much less crowded options than alta/snowbird. Those are mega destination resorts. Sort of like the mt snow/hunter of utah. Oh and the absurdity of talking about california right now in it's RECORD low snow year is laughably ec biased. It would the equivalent of mt snow having only 10 inches of natural so far this year and saying that's normal.

Oh and magic is opening monday. So dumb. Open on TUESDAY! That way it will snow ALL DAY monday and you could ski 12-20 inches of snow depending on how much falls. Instead, they'll be 6 inches of fresh at opening and it won't be snowing hard enough to refill tracks anyway.(about 1/2 inch an hour at best at times during the day monday). If I was running magic, I would groom the ENTIRE mountain tonight(other than mogul trailes) at close and then reopen tuesday. IT WOULD BE EPIC.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
This post was updated on .
Would you shut up already? You don't know anything about weather, snow, skiing, driving, RUNNING A BUSINESS (ie opening on a Tuesday, heavy machinery, snowmaking costs, lift ticket sales) anything remotely interesting. If you had ever been to Magic, you would know some of the litany of reasons why they will not ever groom the whole area. VT has been getting dumped on daily, with pow on the trails. I skied it at two areas on Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed refills. Have you even skied anywhere at all this season? Besides Thunder Ridge, which is (and I hate to say anything bad about a ski area) THE WORST SKI AREA IN ALL OF NEW YORK STATE!

That you choose to call it your home mountain speaks volumes.

Go buy a clue.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
ml242 wrote
Have you even skied this season?
I think this is the real question. One of the best Dec. through Early Feb. years in memory, and I guarantee he's been out less than 5 times. Nobody should ever listen to any of this 13 year old kid's dumb rants.
1 ... 5678