Ski plans for next season?

raisingarizona
What you all got scheming?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ski plans for next season?

billyymc
Planning on asking my manager if I can spend a month out west working remote part of it, and using vacation for part of it. He's been my manager for about three months. We'll see how it goes.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Just reserved lodging for another trip to Taos for a Ski Week.  Going to go in early Feb with a few friends who have been with me as well as friends who are going for the first time.  Afterwards heading to Alta for a few days.

Reservations made for Alta Lodge in April made last month.  My friend with kids is completely hooked.  Taking her kids for the 4th year in a row.  It's the last year the kids will be in the same school so not likely to have the same spring break for a while after 2020.  I'm staying thru Closing Day, April 19, because that week is their spring break.

Oh, almost forgot, I'm going to stay at Massanutten a couple times in January.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Planning on asking my manager if I can spend a month out west working remote part of it, and using vacation for part of it. He's been my manager for about three months. We'll see how it goes.
Where do you want to go to?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by marznc
Nice! Two of the classics!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Last winter I wanted to take Cody on a Colorado ski safari using our AZSB power pass but I was out of work for a bit so we only skied locally which was fine since we had a record season.

I’m working ft again and the lady is happy with my program again so we are planning to go up to Colorado. It might not be the full on safari but we intend to definitely get to Loveland and Copper, maybe add in a smaller place or two on the way.

I’m stoked to be working and not in school, that was a rough experience for all of us. I might not ever make very good money but I don’t care anymore, I just want to be outside and trail building. I really can’t wait to take Cody on some adventures!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Dolomites. Sella Ronda.

Or Tres Valle.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
That sounds awesome, RA. I haven’t made any plans yet but I have a vague desire to get back up to NoVT for a couple long weekends at some point next year.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Dolomites. Sella Ronda.

Or Tres Valle.
I would love to ski that Dolomites interconnect one day. That looks totally insane.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
That sounds awesome, RA. I haven’t made any plans yet but I have a vague desire to get back up to NoVT for a couple long weekends at some point next year.

Thanks Brownski. Life is pretty good right now. I just got new pants and jacket from Flylow too! It’s the nicest gear I’ve had in a long while. Man I hated school. That was awful.

If I visited the east I’d definitely go ski MRG, Magic and Plattekill.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Going to Alta in mid March for a week. May do another week in January as well.

Do a lot of touring in the Daks, probably a day or two at Sugarbush.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Dolomites. Sella Ronda.

Or Tres Valle.

yo, bunny dude. If yer gonna go to the dolomites, you should look into the ski safaris..... no car needed. stay on the mountain in a different refugio every night with yer shit shuttled from place to place for ya..

https://www.discoverydolomites.com/ski-safari-dolomites/

https://www.dolomitemountains.com/en/winter_spring_trips/dolomite_ski_safari.htm

https://www.colletts.co.uk/winter/ski-safari/

https://inspireditaly.com/dolomites-ski-safaris/

fer realz....anything less is just less.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
This post was updated on .
hoops, my bad. looks like bunny already done been there....buck up little camper. you'll figure out how to get off of one of them there lifts thingys one of these days....

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
May not happen this season, but I want to go to Sjusjoen in Norway before I die.  Maybe go back to Jackson NH.  And I've decided that my knees are in god enough shape to run the Pemiwagassett Loop.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
raisingarizona wrote
billyymc wrote
Where do you want to go to?
Got an Ikon pass this year so planning to head where I can use that. If i can't get a month out west I'll take two weeks - my daughters have back to back spring breaks so I'll have one come out then the other. Not sure which destinations I'll choose yet - probably JH and Utah if I only get two weeks. If I can get a full month I'll add Colorado in there.

First year in a long time without a local season pass so it will be an interesting year - more skiing in VT, more local variety however i can scrape it together. More Plattekill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
At this point all I have are hopes.  With luck, plans will come.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
. . .
Got an Ikon pass this year so planning to head where I can use that. If i can't get a month out west I'll take two weeks - my daughters have back to back spring breaks so I'll have one come out then the other. Not sure which destinations I'll choose yet - probably JH and Utah if I only get two weeks. If I can get a full month I'll add Colorado in there.

First year in a long time without a local season pass so it will be an interesting year - more skiing in VT, more local variety however i can scrape it together. More Plattekill.
Are the spring breaks in early or late March, or April?

I'm ending up at Alta for closing week because my friend's kids in middle school have spring break the week after Easter, April 13-17.  Last year the kids will be in the same school and free at Alta Lodge during late season.  I'd rather ski Alta in early April, but I have enough other plans so will meet up with them again.  Advantage is spring season rates.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
My plans for next season is first is to get my Caberfae Peaks weekend pass, the Michigan White  Gold Card, and finally this year I will be able to head back east and I am planing on going to Harvey's annual birthday at Plattekill  and hopefully meet some people from this site.
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
I'm moving from the city to a house in NJ so this will be my first ski season in over 10 years that doesn't require driving through NYC rush hour traffic.  

My plan is to not have a plan and hopefully be able to take some PTO days to chase some mid-week storms.  

I'm kinda done with West Coast trips for a while.  I'm starting to think it's just not worth it when you can get just as good skiing here on the East Coast for a fraction of the price and hassle if you time it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Upgrade my Hunter pass to Epic then go out west for a week...
Also planning a trip to Japan to ride next year..  Hoping that works out..
Top it all off with a trip or 2 to Tuckerman Ravine..
1234 ... 6