classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
113 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ski plans for next season?

campgottagopee
Hoping for big snow

Only plan is our ADK loop only bigger this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Teaching at Platty, teaching at various mountains across New England, and doing a thing at Breckenridge in April.

Probably gonna skip out on Max Pass/Epic Pass this year and rely on comps, discounts, maybe a Mad Card, and a couple of Fox 44 cards.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
billyymc wrote
Planning on asking my manager if I can spend a month out west working remote part of it, and using vacation for part of it. He's been my manager for about three months. We'll see how it goes.
. . .
Got an Ikon pass this year so planning to head where I can use that. If i can't get a month out west I'll take two weeks - my daughters have back to back spring breaks so I'll have one come out then the other. Not sure which destinations I'll choose yet - probably JH and Utah if I only get two weeks. If I can get a full month I'll add Colorado in there.

First year in a long time without a local season pass so it will be an interesting year - more skiing in VT, more local variety however i can scrape it together. More Plattekill.
Are the spring breaks in early or late March, or April?

I'm ending up at Alta for closing week because my friend's kids in middle school have spring break the week after Easter, April 13-17.  Last year the kids will be in the same school and free at Alta Lodge during late season.  I'd rather ski Alta in early April, but I have enough other plans so will meet up with them again.  Advantage is spring season rates.

Spring break is pretty much the whole month of March in Colorado.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Only plans so far are joining MrsSnoBunSKi at Killington at ProJam again in December and was invited to join a buddy's kids trip to Jay Prez weekend...
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Spring break is pretty much the whole month of March in Colorado.
One state I don't travel to very much for assorted reasons.  Maybe one year I'll get an Epic pass and go exploring in CO.  Have skied a few days at Aspen/Snowmass in recent years but not any of the resorts off I-70.

Heard that Texans invade Taos the first two weeks of March.  I suppose some of them make the drive to Colorado too.

My daughter had 2-week spring breaks in March the last six years.  Starting college so will be just one week in early March for the next four years.  So my thinking about March ski trips is shifting.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Only plans so far are joining MrsSnoBunSKi at Killington at ProJam again in December
I'll probably see you there!

Bring Tele skis for Wednesday afternoon
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
All of March and the first two weeks of April are spring break weeks in every vacation destination. Different regions across the US do spring break during different weeks. It’s a great time to make a bunch of money really fast if you work in the industry.

I’m hoping to ski at copper and Loveland in February but I really struggle with booking ski trips in advance, I’ve always been more of a storm chasing couch surfer so doing a family ski thing is still pretty new to me. I keep telling myself that it will be fun no matter what but if the skiing really sucks I’d be disappointed for sure.

Two years ago we timed our Durango trip with a storm but found lodging last minute, I also have friends there that have extra rooms but in summit the good deals and open rooms get booked up for February and last minute stuff doesnt really work.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
After a total knee replacement in May and a reconstructed wrist in July. My hope is an Orda  pass and  a very cafefull start to my ski season around Thanksgiving.If all goes well a trip out west late season to ski and visit with relatives living the dream there.
  Another goal is for my son to try tele skiing on demo day. He has been wanting to try it out since we have been frequent Gore.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Same as last year, probably the same as next.  Ski Kitzbuhel for about 4 days and then drive to Wengen.  Ski there 3 days.  Maybe one day it will materialize.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
D.B. Cooper wrote
Same as last year, probably the same as next.  Ski Kitzbuhel for about 4 days and then drive to Wengen.  Ski there 3 days.  
You know what? I’ll join you, as long as we can be back in time for my two weeks of heli skiing in AK
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Life is pretty good right now. I just got new pants and jacket from Flylow too! It’s the nicest gear I’ve had in a long while. Man I hated school. That was awful.

If I visited the east I’d definitely go ski MRG, Magic and Plattekill.
I have 2 Flylow jackets, one is 8 seasons old and there are no marks on it. The jackets are super durable.

Ski Plans - Magic, Plattekill, Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, Jackson Hole
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Hopefully have a new job by Ski season so I can actually you know, have time to Ski. If I don't the way the last 4 months have been I'll be working most, if not all weekends and no prospect of using vacation time (which I have 2+ months of roll over saved now).

Went with an IKON pass this year and no ORDA pass, so this will be the first time in 3 years I haven't had a true unlimited season pass. Plan on heading to VT more this winter and using up all my K and Sugarbush days. Maybe a Stratton day too. Hopefully go out west. Already got 3 days on it between Squaw and Alpine back in late April so already have some return on the investment.  Although if I am successful at changing jobs I won't be traveling for work as much out West, but at rate things are going I wouldn't be able to squeeze skiing in anyways like I have past seasons on business trips.

Still plan on skiing Gore and WF some, but not enough to justify a full blown season pass. Plan on hitting them during the holiday periods since I will be blacked out on IKON.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
raisingarizona wrote
Life is pretty good right now. I just got new pants and jacket from Flylow too! It’s the nicest gear I’ve had in a long while. Man I hated school. That was awful.

If I visited the east I’d definitely go ski MRG, Magic and Plattekill.
I have 2 Flylow jackets, one is 8 seasons old and there are no marks on it. The jackets are super durable.

Ski Plans - Magic, Plattekill, Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, Jackson Hole
Good to hear x1000. It seems real durable and looks cool af too
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kleetus
Kleetus wrote
Still plan on skiing Gore and WF
McCauley?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
staying in the NE...Mostly Hunta
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
Magic (black out pass).  Will try to hit some smaller hills (McCauly, Oak, ect) while blocked from Magic.  Either a long weekend at Jay or Sugarbush.  Might head west for a week, but I'm waiting see how the weather pattern shakes out.

Bring on the snow!
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Cool - nice to see that in mid-August people are already thinking about skiing this winter.  Had near full coverage at Killington on Dec. 2nd of last year - only 3-1/2 months away!

ICON pass for 2nd year so Killington, Sugarbush and Stratton for sure.  Day trips to Plattekill and/or Hunter and Bellayre plus CNY powder dump days at Song Mountain (small place but they leave a lot of the trails ungroomed for most of the day).

Ski buddy decided to get married, have a kid and buy a house all at once so I doubt he'll be up for a western trip this year.  Thinking of heading to Steamboat.  Non-skier wife will join me and I thought it might be a nice town for her to enjoy.  Big mellow mountain and snowcat skiing as well.  Anyone been there?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
onscott wrote
 Steamboat...  Anyone been there?
Yeah, go to the Strawberry Park Hot Springs with your wife (instead of the one in town).
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by onscott
Steamboat is a really nice town. I lived there for two years in the mid 90’s and had a ton of fun. It’s grown a lot since I left.

It’s definitely a mellow mountain. There’s a few short steep shots but it takes two lift rides and skiing on some flattish stuff in between to lap em. Nice trees of course. After two years I was ready to go elsewhere for more exciting terrain but it’s plenty entertaining if you’ve never been.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by onscott
onscott wrote
Cool - nice to see that in mid-August people are already thinking about skiing this winter.  Had near full coverage at Killington on Dec. 2nd of last year - only 3-1/2 months away!

ICON pass for 2nd year so Killington, Sugarbush and Stratton for sure.  Day trips to Plattekill and/or Hunter and Bellayre plus CNY powder dump days at Song Mountain (small place but they leave a lot of the trails ungroomed for most of the day).

Ski buddy decided to get married, have a kid and buy a house all at once so I doubt he'll be up for a western trip this year.  Thinking of heading to Steamboat.  Non-skier wife will join me and I thought it might be a nice town for her to enjoy.  Big mellow mountain and snowcat skiing as well.  Anyone been there?
Haven't been for quite a while, but I remember Steamboat as a fun town to walk around.  The hot springs either in town indoors or outside town outdoors are well worth a visit.  The bus system is pretty decent so if flying into the local airport, it's possible to do without a rental car.