201 messages Options
1 ... 7891011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Skier lost on Whiteface

Petronio
Z wrote
Note he didn’t use the atm during his trip as that would give him away.  Who skis with a couple grand on them and leaves thier wallet in the car?  It’s his biggest lie that he can’t cover for.  
Actually, this is something I have done -- rather than have a fat wallet on me, I take out the cash, my license and one credit card and keep it on me.  Stash the wallet in the glove compartment.  I figure likelihood of someone smashing windows to check the glove compartment of cars in the parking lot is remote, but better safe than sorry.

Petronio
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I have a regular wallet and a ski wallet
I would never put more than 60 bucks in my ski wallet and you never should anywhere without ID especially in a foreign country which he was
And Matt is correct the sketchiest part of his story is the long haul truck deciding to come thru Wilmington on the way to Cali with a snow storm about to come off Lake Ontario - no fing way that happens.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
My dad taught me when I was young to never put cash in your wallet.  Always carry cash in your front pocket. That way if the pick pocket grabs your wallet you still have cash to make your way.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
My dad taught me that too. That’s some real deal New Yorker stuff right there.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I carry a front pocket wallet, always have. I carry cash as I hate cards. My wallet and cash are always on my person. The only time it isn't is deer season when I leave it at camp.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
“Front wallet” sounds like a cheeky euphemism.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
witch hobble wrote
“Front wallet” sounds like a cheeky euphemism.
Is that a wallet in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
The guy imo was up to something. I'm sorry but there's no way he makes it across the country and nobody questions him. Severely concussed individuals don't make sense half the time. Somebody would have questioned his actions along the way. Cops know this too. Time will tell.
https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/dissociative-disorders

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/02/how-a-young-woman-lost-her-identity
I understand what your saying X.

Just when you think you've seen it all something happens that makes you shake your head. I guess it cold be true but man, if it is, I'd say the odds are the same as getting struck by lightning.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
The wallet is for ID, credit cards etc... and goes in the back, or in a zippered pocket if there’s a danger of it falling out. The actual money goes in the front pocket. Anything else is madness
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Just amazing
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Note to self: if I am ever lost in the woods & require a multimillionaire dollar rescue effort, just tell everyone that I hit my head and I can't remember a thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In looking for this guy, I will always remember frequently poking at the odd, basketball-sized, mostly snow covered rock, thinking it could be a helmet with a dead skull inside.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
I'll always remember using snowshoes for the first time and falling on my ass within seconds of putting them on ... who knew you can't walk backwards in those things!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
In looking for this guy, I will always remember frequently poking at the odd, basketball-sized, mostly snow covered rock, thinking it could be a helmet with a dead skull inside.
Ugh --- didn't realize you were part of the search team
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
I'll always remember using snowshoes for the first time and falling on my ass within seconds of putting them on ... who knew you can't walk backwards in those things!!!
LMAO!!! That is great
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Memorable pic from one of the days I was at WF during the search...Heli an eyeshot from gondi offload station.  
"Feets fail me not"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I still think the guy tried to fake his death and tried to disappear
That would explain the hair cut which was trying to change his appearance when it was clear this story made National news
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Jon951
Jon951 wrote
Memorable pic from one of the days I was at WF during the search...Heli an eyeshot from gondi offload station.
Yeah, I have some pics of SVG looking primo that day, but closed for the search.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
Ha, you should track him down on Facebook or somewhere and tell him that.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
1 ... 7891011