classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
201 messages Options
1 ... 67891011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Skier lost on Whiteface

Brownski
I don’t believe any of it either. The idea that he got a ride near Whiteface that took him all the way to Sacramento is crazy. And if he got multiple rides, at least one of the drivers would have likely reported it- ditto the multiple Apple Stores part of the story. If anybody wanted to follow up, it would have been easy to find out where his burner phone was purchased and check the security cameras. I haven’t seen anything about anything like that happening. I stand by my original thesis...

Brownski wrote
This story is pretty unconvincing if you ask me. He claims he made the whole journey in a truck but doesn’t give a good description, changes his appearance en route and picks up a burner phone but doesn’t know where. He’s also traveling with a thousand bucks in his pocket and eventually turns up at an airport, in his ski clothes, which I guess we’re supposed to believe he was wearing all along (even when he got his hair cut?). And of course he can’t explain shit because he hit his head?
I say he was trying to skip out but six days on the road with this nut case was too much for his girlfriend to handle (he probably went off the deep end when he thought he was free and was partying all night in the motels along the way, acting like a douche and tiring her out. It would piss me off too) so she cracked him over the head with something heavy and got on a plane with all his shit, somehow missing the grand he had zipped into his ski pants. This dude woke up with a giant shiner and a world class hangover, on the ground, maybe naked, behind a dumpster, with his ski gear next to him on the ground. So he said “fuck it, I might as well go home to my wife” and came up with his story on the spot, figuring the fewer details he includes the harder it’ll be to prove he’s full of shit.
It won’t take long for the police to find out where he bought the new phone or to go over the airport security footage. Probably already done. This is gonna get weirder before we know what really went down.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by x10003q
X do you really believe this nut? I’m with Brownski on this

He was trying to fake his death.  That is his end game.  He put his family and friends thru hell and endanagered all those searching for him.  He is a first responder himself so that is a special kind of A hole that would do that.

It didn’t work out with his boy or girl friend and he got dumped in Cali.  He researched this bs story and called his wife.  She is clearly the biggest sucker in this taking him back.  Toronto clearly has idiots running the city if they gave him his job back to run a fire house after this.  How could anyone ever trust him again?

NYS should come after him for the costs of his search.  At min it’s conspricy to commit fraud.  

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Z wrote
X do you really believe this nut? I’m with Brownski on this
I am somewhat skeptical, but I do not see any motivation for fraud and there are indications of a head/brain injury.

Z wrote
He was trying to fake his death.  That is his end game.  He put his family and friends thru hell and endanagered all those searching for him.  He is a first responder himself so that is a special kind of A hole that would do that.
It didn’t work out with his boy or girl friend and he got dumped in Cali.  He researched this bs story and called his wife.  She is clearly the biggest sucker in this taking him back.  Toronto clearly has idiots running the city if they gave him his job back to run a fire house after this.  How could anyone ever trust him again?
The faking his own death is absurd. What was his motivation? Money? Where is the money? Love? Where is the other person who motivated him to "disappear?  Do you know that he was not investigated in order to keep his job? Are we to assume that nobody looked at his cell phone for some kind of connection to this unknown person? Does this guy have a history of this type of behavior? I am pretty safe in assuming that this guy has led an exemplary life and there is nothing to indicate that he planned some kind of fraud.
Z wrote
NYS should come after him for the costs of his search.  At min it’s conspricy to commit fraud.
Who did he conspire with? You need 2 people to have a conspiracy.

Have any of you ever witnessed or had a concussion? Time and space can go missing.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
You in the market for any bridges?

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I didn’t take X for being such a sucker for a sob story.  

The biggest tell in Danny Boys story is that he had several grand in cash on him but didn’t have his wallet.  Plus he is Canadian so why have that much in US cash ever.

How does he go all the way across the country in ski clothes and never is noticed.  That would stick out and someone at a truck stop would have remembered.    He was driven by a person in a private car and there is your 2nd person for the conspricy.

It’s a simple matter particularly for someone trained as a first responder about concussions to make up his bs story.  He knew exactly what to say.  He also had laid out his story last year when he supposedly took a nap on the side of a trail at WF.  That was designed to focus search efforts at WF.  

Most psychopaths are highly intelligent as well being Nuts.  
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Z wrote
I didn’t take X for being such a sucker for a sob story.  

The biggest tell in Danny Boys story is that he had several grand in cash on him but didn’t have his wallet.  Plus he is Canadian so why have that much in US cash ever.
He had a credit card and went to a US ATM and took out 1000 US dollars. You cannot get Canadian dollars in the US.

Z wrote
How does he go all the way across the country in ski clothes and never is noticed.  That would stick out and someone at a truck stop would have remembered.    He was driven by a person in a private car and there is your 2nd person for the conspricy.

It’s a simple matter particularly for someone trained as a first responder about concussions to make up his bs story.  He knew exactly what to say.  He also had laid out his story last year when he supposedly took a nap on the side of a trail at WF.  That was designed to focus search efforts at WF.  

Most psychopaths are highly intelligent as well being Nuts.
So he has managed to fool
1.  Sacramento County Sheriffs Dept and the doctors who treated him in the Sacramento Hospital
2. Toronto law enforcement and the Canadian doctors who have diagnosed a head injury
3. New York State Police Major John H. Tibbitts Jr. and multiple NYS Police detectives all who have interviewed him multiple times and have access to his cell phone, bank accounts, and doctors reports
4. The doctors who have been treating him in order to get back to work as a firefighter in Toronto

There have been no charges filed by anybody including the NYS Police.
He is close to retirement at age 50 which means a pretty long, positive work record.

Yeah, you all have a better handle on this guy than the multiple law enforcement and medical  professionals who have actually interviewed the guy (voluntary) and reviewed the relevant cellphone and bank records.

What is really shocking to me is that you don't believe all the professionals. Why is that? Are they all stupid or are they all in on the conspiracy to get this guy to California in his ski clothes to take out $1000 out of an ATM and buy a phone? Do you think that Maj Tibbitts of the NYS Police wouldn't file charges if he had some hint of fraud? I guess he is just the smartest man alive in order to pull off the amazing fraud of going across country in a fog and fooling everybody who crosses his path.

I choose to believe the professionals rather than buy a bridge.

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
No way his story is accurate.  Everyone including the authorities knows that.  If he gets off its because he is a Canadian citizen,,,and I don't think the fat lady has sung yet.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Note he didn’t use the atm during his trip as that would give him away.  Who skis with a couple grand on them and leaves thier wallet in the car?  It’s his biggest lie that he can’t cover for.  He had over a grand on him but he likely spent more crossing the country.  Since they haven’t been able to get any reports of a guy in smelly week old ski clothes crossing the country he had other clothes and shoes in his get away vehicle.

No one except x believes his bs story it’s just he was was very careful in what he planned.  He didn’t report himself missing and the true fraud wouldn’t happen until he was officially missing after a week.  He called in at 6.5 days.

He probably is on admin leave or desk duty until he retires.

Everyone should send X their get rich quick schemes as we have a sucker in our forum.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Hey, the guy’s story seems a bit far fetched.  Haven’t followed closely enough to know whether verified medical records exist documenting a head injury or if that is just innuendo.  The authorities wouldn’t tip anyone to an ongoing investigation, so if he’s going to get arrested we won’t know that untill after it happens, which it still could.  We probably haven’t heard the end.

As for conspiracy-land, I think Z-ski’s combined theory relies on a lot of assumptions to be plausible.  For example....authorities ‘haven’t been able to get any reports of a guy in smelly week old ski cloths crossing the country’?  If this is a lynchpin of the theory, well......let me ask you this.  Where would such a report come from?  If you were at a rest stop and you saw a dude in smelly ski clothes (and could you really discern day old from week old) would you pull out your phone and dial up 9-1-1?  You expect a waitress to?  Maybe someone at a store?  Heck, I’ve crossed the country sporting some of my smelly ski clothes, should I have been reported?

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer, but nothing would surprise me with this one.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote

Everyone should send X their get rich quick schemes as we have a sucker in our forum.
Umm, there are a lot of suckers on this forum. Have you read any of the outlandish babble commrade Peetex posts?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You should leave your political jabs in the proper place. The Woodstove isn't that place.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
That was personal.....not political.
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
There's more to this story and I really don't think that law enforcement believes his story and the case is not actually "closed". Something will come out. Someone saw something somewhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I don't think anyone knows what really happened.  Head injuries can be pretty strange.

I think the two take aways are:
  1) Avoid head injuries, and
  2) If you are gonna fake your own death, do something completely crazy in case you get caught.

I'm agnostic on the whole head injury v. scam question. It's all too strange for me to make any sense of it.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I concur with MM
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The guy imo was up to something. I'm sorry but there's no way he makes it across the country and nobody questions him. Severely concussed individuals don't make sense half the time. Somebody would have questioned his actions along the way. Cops know this too. Time will tell.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
Note he didn’t use the atm during his trip as that would give him away.  Who skis with a couple grand on them and leaves thier wallet in the car?  It’s his biggest lie that he can’t cover for.  He had over a grand on him but he likely spent more crossing the country.  Since they haven’t been able to get any reports of a guy in smelly week old ski clothes crossing the country he had other clothes and shoes in his get away vehicle.
Still focused on minutia. I am sure law enforcement has already figured out where and when he took the $1000 because he has voluntarily handed over his bank records. It is hard to start a new life with a whole $1000. He was found in his ski clothes. If there was some kind of plan to disappear, he would have ditched the ski clothes right away. Why do you ignore the conclusion of the cops and the doctors?

What was his motivation?

Z wrote
No one except x believes his bs story it’s just he was was very careful in what he planned.  He didn’t report himself missing and the true fraud wouldn’t happen until he was officially missing after a week.  He called in at 6.5 days.
Nobody believes the guy? Nobody except the NYS Police, Sacramento and Toronto law enforcement, and multiple US and Canadian doctors. Maybe you could supply us with your law enforcement and medical degrees and then supply us with the transcripts from your interviews with the guy and your review of his cell phone and bank records.

Z wrote
He probably is on admin leave or desk duty until he retires.
He is back at work on a normal shift.

Z wrote
Z - news flash - the Earth is round.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
The guy imo was up to something. I'm sorry but there's no way he makes it across the country and nobody questions him. Severely concussed individuals don't make sense half the time. Somebody would have questioned his actions along the way. Cops know this too. Time will tell.
https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/dissociative-disorders

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/02/how-a-young-woman-lost-her-identity
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer, but nothing would surprise me with this one.
The famed "Occam's Razor"

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
The guy imo was up to something. I'm sorry but there's no way he makes it across the country and nobody questions him. Severely concussed individuals don't make sense half the time.
This is my big problem with the story... Well, that and the rare "Wilmington, NY to Sacramento, CA Long Haul Truck Route".

Just seems to require an awful lot of stange coincidences for his story to be true, and one simple solution ("He didn't want to be responsible for the expensive search so he got some people he knows to sign off on a plausible story that he knew couldn't be proven without doubts") for his story to be false.
1 ... 67891011