460 messages Options
1 ... 1920212223
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sweet Car Thread.

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
Not a Ferrari fan..But the new Vette is amazing..

That Vette was bangin! We were over in Watkins Glenn for dinner, the cars that creep around that place are simply amazing. That ZL1 Camaro was amazing as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
JasonWx wrote
Not a Ferrari fan..But the new Vette is amazing..

That Vette was bangin! We were over in Watkins Glenn for dinner, the cars that creep around that place are simply amazing. That ZL1 Camaro was amazing as well.
The great thing about the Corvette is that you actually might be able to afford a used one and afford to run it. Ferraris are almost never affordable and when they need service you have to sell a kidney.

ZL1 Camaros are amazing but borderline insane. You can now get the 1LE track package on the V6 (335hp) or turbo 4 (275hp and 50/50 weight balance) Camaros. It is such a bargain.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
  Ferraris are almost never affordable and when they need service you have to sell a kidney.

Funny you bring that up, the guy who owned it was a doctor.

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
A friend who would know informed me that just an oil change for a Ferrari is ~ $1500.00.

My biggest peeve.  A couple of times I've seen guys these these cars like they were afraid they were gonna bite them.  Once, a Lamborghini Countach and once, a Ferrari 612 -
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What do you guys think of the Hellcat? I've driven a couple of them and my thoughts are they are totally sick!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
I have never driven one , but i heard its insane..still with the all the hp a  tesla S 100 beats it on the track..
I have driven a 3 yr old camaro SS that has been fitted with a blower and some crazy stuff..that was a hell of a ride..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
700+ hp cars are just cool. Talk about planted in the seat.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
The hell cat is king of muscle cars.  Looks cool, sounds cool and will blow the doors off of anything that is not electric.  I think I read where they are putting that engine in the Jeep Wrangler.  Now that would be bad ass!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
 on the track..
Anyone have track time??

I have very limited track time but it was awesome. I spent 2 days at Beaver Raceway in PA for STI training. It was incredible fun driving that car around a real track. The last day we could do hot laps by ourselves or have our pro driver take us for a ride. The majority of peeps chose to do hot laps by themselves, I chose to have Paul (he drove in the 24 hrs of Lemans) take me for a ride. I asked him to scare me. HOLY SHIT!!! He did. Everyone thinks they can drive but I promise you you can't drive like the pros. I truly was scared. At times I was literally pinned up against the pass side window. The biggest difference between me and the pro was how hard they go into the corner and how late and hard they brake. t was a thrill of a lifetime and that's in a stock STI. Can't even imagine a real car....
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Not track time but I was in the car with a guy that showed me things I didn't thinks cars could handle.  They can go a lot faster around corners that we think.  I to have had my face mashed up against the passenger window, I wanted to get out and walk!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yep, you know what I'm talking about. Wheel men like that amaze me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Stopped by the Ford dealership to test drive a Ranger...
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Brownski wrote
Stopped by the Ford dealership to test drive a Ranger...
So cool 💯
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Browne..The Ranger is nice looking , but I image you'll hold on to the truck for many years..The only way to go is the Taco..Ford and Chevy can't hold a candle to Toyota when it comes to reliability..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JasonWx wrote
Browne..The Ranger is nice looking , but I image you'll hold on to the truck for many years..The only way to go is the Taco..Ford and Chevy can't hold a candle to Toyota when it comes to reliability..
Honestly I’m leaning Chevy
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Brownski wrote
JasonWx wrote
Honestly I’m leaning Chevy
You sure?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
That’s uncanny. The whole time I was looking at trucks, I had a little worm in the back of my head saying I should get something little that is cheaper and gets better fuel economy and at the last second yesterday I bailed on the truck and went to test drive an Impreza. I’m picking it up today.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Brownski wrote
That’s uncanny. The whole time I was looking at trucks, I had a little worm in the back of my head saying I should get something little that is cheaper and gets better fuel economy and at the last second yesterday I bailed on the truck and went to test drive an Impreza. I’m picking it up today.

Which model Impreza did you get
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Brownski
Right turn clyde
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Not track time but I was in the car with a guy that showed me things I didn't thinks cars could handle.  They can go a lot faster around corners that we think.  I to have had my face mashed up against the passenger window, I wanted to get out and walk!!
Wait for it... 1:38

<nabble_embed>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R7ws741KpE</nabble_embed>
1 ... 1920212223