The Golf Thread

967 messages Options
1 ... 94959697
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Golf Thread

What happened to Tiger since his last major?  Was he responsible for his bad fortune or was he a victim?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

It's been 11 years.

Multiple injuries/surgeries  with long recovery periods

Bunch of personal/family issues

D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Not a Tiger fan, eh?
No.  I respect the comeback, but don't like what he put his then-family through.  There are more seemingly* better men I'd rather see win.  I was pulling for Finau or Molinari.

I taped the final round.  The final group was on the 10th when Mrs. Cooper said, "you know Tiger Woods won, don't you?  I knew that 2 hours ago."

D'oh.

*seemingly as I don't know any of the participants
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
endoftheline endoftheline
Reply |

Anyone think Tiger can win the PGA at Bethpage Black? Odds have to be astronomically against him. But some guy won $1.19M on him with a bet in Vegas. The Black is a monster, played it a few times many yrs ago, pretty humbling. Tiger won the US open there in 02 and had a decent showing in 09, I think. Should be fun to watch.
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

Why not?  Its tiger anything is possible!!  If he is available I will pick him in my draft
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by endoftheline
Anytime Tiger tee's it up he has a chance to win imo. He's Tiger. If it isn't Tiger certainly Bethpage will favor the long hitters such as DJ, Brooks, Molinari, Speith, Rory etc etc

I think the fans will really be behind Tiger this week as well as Ricky. It certainly will be an exciting tourney to watch on yet another rainy ass weekend here in CNY.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Played today , it's still Mondo wet on a couple of fairways,drop and plop on drives no roll at all  .Shot a 40 ,putter was decent.  Approaches were better today . But we need to dry out big-time .Docks on the River all under water now friggin IJC  sux
1 ... 94959697