The Golf Thread

999 messages Options
1 ... 96979899100
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Golf Thread

Streak still alive had a 36 today with 2 birds , 5 pars, a bogie and the DREADED double bogie .

Yup got stupid when i decided to go directly over a huge white pine , blocking my view of the flag . Tree was 40 yds ahead on a 165 yd approach . Shoulda bump n run  the damn ball but oh hell no just take out my 5 h and nailed the damn top branches ...effing idiot 😁
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

After a drive to Saratoga and back  yesterday to have my 2.5 yr post hip surgery routine check up  with the WORLD' Best Ortho Doc , i was stoked !  See this fine doctor IF you are having real issues he is WORTH the drive !!

Dr Gainor put me back together after a first surgery screwup elsewhere , things went swimmingly well with the check up , its in nice and tight and no wear n tear !!!

Dr  Gainor is the best,  a great guy who is a Skier and GETS It !!  

So back on the golf course today shot a 37 and kept the long sub 40 streak going .
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |

warp daddy wrote
After a drive to Saratoga and back  yesterday to have my 2.5 yr post hip surgery routine check up  with the WORLD' Best Ortho Doc , i was stoked !  See this fine doctor IF you are having real issues he is WORTH the drive !!

Dr Gainor put me back together after a first surgery screwup elsewhere , things went swimmingly well with the check up , its in nice and tight and no wear n tear !!!

Dr  Gainor is the best,  a great guy who is a Skier and GETS It !!  

So back on the golf course today shot a 37 and kept the long sub 40 streak going .
Great to hear the hip's doing well Warp!
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Thanks Gorgo , how's ur's doing ? I assume fine and your quality of life has not diminished one bit !! All the best to you and the Fam.

W
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Boy had to hustle today to keep tHe streak alive , played meh ,      but eeeeked out a 39 by parring last 5 holes after 4 bogey start . 😱

My putter is ON STRIKE it seems , damn ! missed 2 short ones about 4-5 ft for potential birds
Z Z
Reply |

i love Fall golf.  These last few rounds are always special to me and seems way more enjoyable than grinding over hot summer rounds when I’m playing much more.

This evening I got my first hole in one
It a knock down hybrid 5 from 165 into the wind
Perfect swing exactly like I planned bal landed from left and it runs to right and down hill.  You can’t see the back hole position but two ladies that were on course saw it go in starting cheering and clapping.  I play a lot by myself so I’m so happy I had witnesses see it go in.

They came over and took photos for me

I played rest of round with that ball and my dad tonight when I told him was like are you crazy you could have lost that ball.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Z wrote

Nice work Z!!

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z Z
Reply |

It’s also a unique shot of Whiteface in the background

I always admire that view from that green
bumps bumps
Reply |

Congratulations. Bummer that you didn't see it drop in but great that you were able to watch the witnesses' reaction. Were they screaming "IN THE HOLE!!" as the ball rolled toward the cup like the bozos at PGA tournaments?
Z Z
Reply |

Yeah something like that
I’m super lucky they saw it go in much better to have a witnessed ace

So many of our greens at LP Club are blind as it is a known Alister Mackenzie design feature
1 ... 96979899100