classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
1 ... 47484950515253 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

warp daddy
Streak still alive had a 36 today with 2 birds , 5 pars, a bogie and the DREADED double bogie .

Yup got stupid when i decided to go directly over a huge white pine , blocking my view of the flag . Tree was 40 yds ahead on a 165 yd approach . Shoulda bump n run  the damn ball but oh hell no just take out my 5 h and nailed the damn top branches ...effing idiot šŸ˜
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
After a drive to Saratoga and back  yesterday to have my 2.5 yr post hip surgery routine check up  with the WORLD' Best Ortho Doc , i was stoked !  See this fine doctor IF you are having real issues he is WORTH the drive !!

Dr Gainor put me back together after a first surgery screwup elsewhere , things went swimmingly well with the check up , its in nice and tight and no wear n tear !!!

Dr  Gainor is the best,  a great guy who is a Skier and GETS It !!  

So back on the golf course today shot a 37 and kept the long sub 40 streak going .
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
warp daddy wrote
After a drive to Saratoga and back  yesterday to have my 2.5 yr post hip surgery routine check up  with the WORLD' Best Ortho Doc , i was stoked !  See this fine doctor IF you are having real issues he is WORTH the drive !!

Dr Gainor put me back together after a first surgery screwup elsewhere , things went swimmingly well with the check up , its in nice and tight and no wear n tear !!!

Dr  Gainor is the best,  a great guy who is a Skier and GETS It !!  

So back on the golf course today shot a 37 and kept the long sub 40 streak going .
Great to hear the hip's doing well Warp!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Gorgo , how's ur's doing ? I assume fine and your quality of life has not diminished one bit !! All the best to you and the Fam.

W
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Boy had to hustle today to keep tHe streak alive , played meh ,      but eeeeked out a 39 by parring last 5 holes after 4 bogey start . šŸ˜±

My putter is ON STRIKE it seems , damn ! missed 2 short ones about 4-5 ft for potential birds
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
i love Fall golf.  These last few rounds are always special to me and seems way more enjoyable than grinding over hot summer rounds when Iā€™m playing much more.

This evening I got my first hole in one
It a knock down hybrid 5 from 165 into the wind
Perfect swing exactly like I planned bal landed from left and it runs to right and down hill.  You canā€™t see the back hole position but two ladies that were on course saw it go in starting cheering and clapping.  I play a lot by myself so Iā€™m so happy I had witnesses see it go in.

They came over and took photos for me

I played rest of round with that ball and my dad tonight when I told him was like are you crazy you could have lost that ball.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Z wrote

Nice work Z!!

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." ā€”Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Itā€™s also a unique shot of Whiteface in the background

I always admire that view from that green
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
Congratulations. Bummer that you didn't see it drop in but great that you were able to watch the witnesses' reaction. Were they screaming "IN THE HOLE!!" as the ball rolled toward the cup like the bozos at PGA tournaments?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Yeah something like that
Iā€™m super lucky they saw it go in much better to have a witnessed ace

So many of our greens at LP Club are blind as it is a known Alister Mackenzie design feature
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Congrats Z

You zoom the bar after your round?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Congrats Z!
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Z : awesome man !! we have that in common . My second ACE was 158 yds also with a choked 5 hybrid also in late fall !! you got to feel great about it .

Really happy for ya man !

I kept both Ace balls and have them . I was lucky and had two witnesses who signed my cards and put the article and photo the local paper  . MY take on aces is 90 per cent luck , 10 per cent skill

I had a buddy shoot : An ALBATROSS on a 535 yd hole two weeks ago , n now THAT is some serious chit !!!

I agree, Fall golf is a spectacular experience , beautiful scenery , cool and un crowded. , i played 3 days this week shot 40 /38/ 37 and am now done for the year. My old back likes temps above 55

Again congrats and welcome to the club , BTW dis you buy a round , its tradition ya know
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The LP Club has a non existent bar.  Itā€™s almost never opened after 3 or 4 afternoon.  Itā€™s a total shame because the view is spectacular.  They don't  even really try and itā€™s always made me scratch my head.  I guess their wedding biz more than makes up for it but if I owned the place that bar is way under utilized asset.  Iā€™d have a killer happy hour there anything there was no wedding.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Congratulations, well done!
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
i didn't get out this weekend but who played some holes?  mercifully this will be the last time we talk golf this winter.
just to brag i bought myself the ping 400 driver. merry  christmas to me.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I thought about it but didnā€™t pull the trigger yesterday
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
It ain't the arrow , it's the Indian .
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
i had a cool little 18 hole executive course across the street from my home. during mild winter days we would remove 10 clubs from our bag and replace them with beers. the game of the day was $1 brides, $1 closest to pin. very entertaining. definitely cushioned the blow of a mild winter. the course closed this summer, going to be turned into an old folks home (senior living). another old folks home. they are popping up all around me.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I hope they play the Masters sometime in the fall.
1 ... 47484950515253 ... 60