classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
1 ... 49505152535455 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

tjf1967
Came home 22 dollars richer. I called them out of a hole and the wheels fell off. They were pissed. They called me last year...I don't forget.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You guys play wolf?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
3 dollar Nassau.  1 dollar junk.  Birdies, Polies, Birdies, Closest to the pin and closest to the pin on par 5's.

Wolfe is a good game but we have a game with this 4some.   Last game of the year we took 86 bucks on a 3 dollar nassau
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Gotcha
When you said you called them out I thought maybe you were playing Wolfe

I like Nassau much better. Do you allow multiple presses? We would have 20 timers going on 18th hole. Crazy fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Oh yeah the group we play presses as soon as they get down.  yesterday we had 8 different games going. that was low.

He skidded one over the green and it hit his partners golf glove and stopped it.  Normally I would let that go....  Last year I hit a ball and it was close to OB.  I thought I found my ball and hit it.  Walked a little further found mine.  I let them know and they said I was out of the hole.  
On the same hole yesterday his partner hit one and it plugged by the side of the green.  So you unplug it and drop it. I catch him rolling it around to get a good lie.  I was like you want a tee Kev.  They were getting crushed at that point anyways but that really took the wind out of their sales and us laughing at them just pushed them further.  

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LMAO
Golf karma 👍

Yeah we would play 2 down autos and press when you're pissed. Could make multiple presses on the last hole to get back to even, win a little, or get smoked. I was like why don't we just go play the 18th hole for a hundred bucks and call it a day.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
The 18th you can bet whatever you want if you are down.  That how you turn a good day into a great day.  I have been on the other end of it and it sucks.  
I will play with you guys one day this summer.  I hang out with a chick that is right that lives 20 minutes from cortland.  Keep your GHIN.  You playing today?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That would be a blast. No GHIN here, don't play anymore tourneys so don't bother with it. That could change though.

Didn't get out today. Just sent Pro a message to see iffin he wants to shoot some golf tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Masters in November 👍
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
  I hang out with a chick that is right that lives 20 minutes from cortland.
She ride sled? Killer trails thru and around there
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Her dad had a fatal crash on one. She is kinda against them.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Ugh
Sorry I asked 👎
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
tjf1967 wrote
3 dollar Nassau.  1 dollar junk.  Birdies, Polies, Birdies, Closest to the pin and closest to the pin on par 5's.
nassau
$22 is a good beat down. someone won some junk
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
 No GHIN here
sandbagger
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
sig wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 No GHIN here
sandbagger
Wouldn't you need a handicap to be a sandbagger? 😏
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I think you need to play golf to get a ghin.  The general public is starting to get antsy about people playing.  I am guessing they are going to get shut down.  Such a shame.  Its an example on how things will be different and what needs to be done to safety interact with others.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Sheriff 's office in St Lawrence county last nite placed a Travel Advisory .......effective immediately due to rapid community spread ( asymptomatic )

This means  there is to be NO unnecessary travel specifically this means NONE except food shopping , Rx , or Persons who hold ESSENTIAL jobs , or persons in need of hospitalization , all else stay at home .

He went on to say that he takes no Pleasure in making this statement but county health officials and increase in spread which is doubling at TWICE the NYC rate is driving this policy .

We have some who have the virus and REFUSE to quarantine !!!! They are being detained and placed in a facility under supervision  ! I will post a meme on this

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
They sure are. When pro and I got there yesterday the owner invited us into his office to listen to a couple messages on his machine. They were basically hate messages about him being open. Social distancing was in play yesterday. I'll play again as soon as weather permits.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
sig wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 No GHIN here
sandbagger
Wouldn't you need a handicap to be a sandbagger? 😏
on the tee box discussing terms I can hear the first word out of your mouth about strokes. ... WELL.  Get a handicap and the fuzzy math goes away
1 ... 49505152535455 ... 60