classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
312 messages Options
1 ... 1213141516
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Snowmaking/Operations Outlook Thread

JTG4eva!
Sno, Sno, Sno.......did you enjoy coming back here and eating crow after MLK weekend?  All the bitching and complaining and prognosticating about things even you, finally, realized were whack ass bs??  The is just part duex.  Or is it trois???  Quatre????  Cinq?????  Six??????  Don't know...losing count!!  Chill, man....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Difference between then and now:  the weather.

Back before MLK, they had a decent snowmamking window, but didn't know what the weather was going to be after MLK.  Was supposed to be warm and possibly r*in, so they chose to blow a deeper base in the event that the shit really hit the fan those next 2 weeks.  They resurfaced almost everything that weekend and offered a much better product than Gore who didn't.

Right now, they're sitting on 2 feet of natural snow and a week of perfect temps that will likely continue past the weekend.  It's 100% clear that the opportunity is to open Wilmington and Lookout is now, and it's not being taken advantage of, which is an absolute disgrace.  Gore has the Ski Bowl open, which I constantly bitch about it not being open, and Whiteface, with less terrain to cover, better temps, and more natural snow is, according to the report, not even trying to open Lookout.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
All the bitching and complaining and prognosticating about things even you, finally, realized were whack ass bs??  The is just part duex.  Or is it trois???  Quatre????  Cinq?????  Six??????  Don't know...losing count!!  Chill, man....

You were right
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by snoloco
Uggghhh!

Harvey......you still taking suggestions for emoticons to add?  I really need the 'put a bullet in my brain' emoji!

Really, any and all joking aside......patience and a filter, they will serve us all, yourself included, well!!  Glad to see things are on track.  A track, given how fricken' good things at WF are right now, that shows they know what they are doing!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sno... when ORDA GMs like Aaron or Tommy or Mike dream at night, they dream about snowmaking.  They dream that the next time the governor throws $20M at the problem that some percentage, greater than zero, will be dedicated to snowguns or compressors or pumps.

That's because robust snowmaking is their best line a defense against a cranky public.  They know the more snow they can blow, the less crap they hear.

Have you met Aaron? Does he seem like the kind of guy who would blow snow he had no intention of using?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Sno, when do you turn 18?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'm already 18
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Harvey
I've met Mike when he showed me the AE2 construction.

Never met Aaron.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
When was the party?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
snoloco wrote
If I remember correctly I set that up and then you threw Mike under the bus shortly thereafter.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Harvey wrote
snoloco wrote
If I remember correctly I set that up and then you threw Mike under the bus shortly thereafter.
What a peice of shit.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Harvey
I've been bashing ORDA for years Harvey.  I don't believe I specifically threw Mike under the bus shortly after that tour.  I have always harshly criticized the Ski Bowl expansion, but that really wasn't Mike's decision to put that in.  It was a pork barrel project for North Creek.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Harvey wrote
snoloco wrote
What a peice of shit.
He can't help it, he's from out side NYC and an only child from an affluent family, 3 strikes against him. He can't help but be a little shit.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Don't shit where you eat kid.

Even my pit bull/heeler mix rez mutt has that one figured out.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
When have I ever complained about Lookout not being open? I drove 4.5 hours each way to WF 3 times last year, and not once did I complain about Lookout not being open in my TRs. Also, Sno never did mention me. Albeit, in all honesty, I will be pissed this year if they don't open lookout this year considering they already started up there.
Like the conditions we had here last weak this joke went "over the head!"
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
snoloco wrote

You were right
It's a good thing I showed you that FB page. You know Sno, you if you are respectfull about it, you could post something in that group asking questions about snowmaking. Operations. I've done it and there's always someone out there with the answers. Just don't abuse that privelidge.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Thanks for adding me to that group BTW.  Not sure if I did when you first added me.  Lots of cool pics in there.

I mostly just lurk and don't post because I'm not a snowmaker and it's really a privilege for me to even be in there at all.  I occasionally comment and like other people's posts though.

I blacked out the guys name who made the post I screenshotted because I was not going to be posting anyone's identity here without their permission.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Good thinking. I do occasionally post, but not often. I sometimes post a photo of my personal snowmaking.

Honestly that page is kind of a shit show of frozen guns, pipes, fan guns on fire and a lot of things going wrong. But there's some cool stuff too.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Ethan Snow wrote
Honestly that page is kind of a shit show of frozen guns, pipes, fan guns on fire and a lot of things going wrong. But there's some cool stuff too.
That stuff always gives me a good laugh.  I really like seeing the stuff that the WF guy posts.  He gets to do "dawn patrol" and get paid for it, and make the conditions great for the rest of us when the lifts open.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
While I certainly act like an Internet tough guy on this thread about this topic, I always make a point of praising the Whiteface snowtribe guys when I see them on the hill during and after a good day of skiing.  It's a hard job to do, but I think they've performed admirably this season.  The guys I talked to were very nice people, and seemed more than happy to hear good things about the product they were putting out.  They seem to have a good time with their work also.

I've directed most of my bitching at what's going on higher up, like the gov pumping 20mil into Gore and Whiteface and not a single dollar for snowmaking.  
1 ... 1213141516