classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
119 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Worst Day Since Yesterday

Sick Bird Rider
Nice try ML. I think we are about here now:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
What's so wrong about this thread?  We get to watch a bunch of uptight, middle aged, white guys each try to demonstrate how outraged they are
Well....there is that.  But there is also this other guy we get to watch.....probably just as middle aged, white and uptight....who seems to never have been wrong about anything in the history of the internet, displaying a disturbing lack of empathy towards the members of the forum he chose to become a member of.

Its a multi car pile up.

Carry on, though.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
Dude this is the first and last time that I'm going to address you directly because, frankly, you give me the creeps.  I wasn't making fun of the kid - I was having fun with the kid.  I would make that comment to my nephew - and probably have.  In front of his parents.  And everybody'd "get it"; because they're not psychotic and looking for a fight.  You've got other issues with me and this latest "outrage" just serves as a convenient excuse for you to continue to vent them.  You're really not that hard to figure out.  You're like a one-sided Rubik's Cube.

No g'head, say something really lame and angry in response.  The hollow silence that follows?  That'll be me.

Seriously, that's the part I don't get. Thanksgiving dinner must be a real blast around some of these households. What do you think they do, count their money, talk about Good Morning America, or what college JR is going to go to, and why, when he's old enough.

This entire thread is very confusing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
campgottagopee wrote
I'm starting to figure it out.  It doesn't have anything to do with my initial comment.  They don't like my sarcasm because it hits a bit too close to the bone.  They wish I'd just go away so they could continue living their unexamined lives in peace.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I actually thought the original comment was funny, and was just Noah being Noah, which I've been enjoying lately. He even had positive things to say a couple times! But then someone had to poke the bear, and this never ending bitchfest of a thread is the result.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
A am a teenaged babysitter and I am very offended thinking you creepers are lusting after me.

I think its weird that a little 14 year old kid is posting on internet chat forums--aren't you supposed to be like 18 or something?  is there some kind of an age limit?

NJ doesn't have any reason to apologize and its a few people on here just are making a big deal out of nothing.  its embarrassing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Pants wrote
NJ doesn't have any reason to apologize and its a few people on here just are making a big deal out of nothing.  its embarrassing.
Actually, I think New Jersey has A LOT to apologize for, and ... oh wait ... that's not what you meant.

Never mind.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
Actually, I find this thread disturbingly entertaining in a dysfunctional inter web forum kind of way.  Keeping this somewhat related, the father of all things Internet (Gore) would be so proud. I've seen similar train wrecks on other forums.  Like the movie theaters, I'm glad I get a free refill on my supersized tub 'o popcorn!

My only concern with the show is.....if some new person popped in they would think we are all a bunch of loonies, and run off fast as they could.  Is this thread a proverbial 'killer rabbit'?

SBR, please use your powers to insert requisite Holy Hand Grenade video clip....
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
+1   I can't figure out if I was beaten / beat my kids too much or not enough since I didn't find the comment overly offensive ....or humorous for that matter. the real question is what happened to the hot tub or whatever it was references? I wanted to come back and google those later
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
To me the most serious flaw with forums, email or any kind of digital communication is tone. Or lack of it.  I can go right up to a friend, put my hand on his shoulder, look him in the eye with a smile and say "you're an asshole" and his reaction will undoubtedly very different then if I sent that same message in an email.  There's little or no context in written communication.

Noah's friends know him and they know he doesn't really want snoloco's dad to start beating on him. Others who don't may have a harder time with the words, without any context. People reading this stuff also have their own context. If you were beaten as a kid, maybe you just can't understand how anyone would joke about it.

IMO this lack of context make digital communication a lot more work, if you don't want to be misunderstood. It's the nature of the written word.

Obviously I'd like to see this thread die. But I personally don't think locking threads accomplishes much.  Apologies to those who feel I should be kicking some kind of ass on this.  When you run your own forum, you'll handle it how you think is best.

From this point on it's probably fair to assume that those who post in this thread want it to live on, and people who don't would rather it die or just don't care.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Harvey wrote
If you were beaten as a kid, maybe you just can't understand how anyone would joke about it.
For the record, I was never beaten.

Harvey wrote
Obviously I'd like to see this thread die. But I personally don't think locking threads accomplishes much.  Apologies to those who feel I should be kicking some kind of ass on this.  When you run your own forum, you'll handle it how you think is best.
I find it interesting that you jumped in (several pages back) with "Don't make work for the moderator" rather than enforcing forum rule #1: Respect other forum members.  This thread isn't about beating kids.  This thread is about respect among forum members (or lack thereof).  As Administrator you can chose to stand up for that principle or not.  I already made my stand, as have others.  So far you haven't.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Jeff, when (before SBR came charging in) did I show anyone a lack of respect?  Unless of course you're talking about SBR - but we all know you're not.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Noah John wrote
Jeff, when (before SBR came charging in) did I show anyone a lack of respect?  Unless of course you're talking about SBR - but we all know you're not.
Suggesting that Snoloco's dad should beat him shows a very basic, fundamental lack of respect.  Telling the forum moderator (SBR) to fuck himself shows a lack of respect.  And this thread is laced with continuous disrespect from that point forward.  The fact that you've now changed your signature to "I don't think his Dad hits him enough" shows that you want to flaunt that disrespect, even after being called out for it by numerous other forum members.

I'm resigned to the fact that there's nothing I can do about it.  I'm resigned to the fact that the Administrator (Harvey) choses to do nothing about it.  So carry on.  You win, I guess.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD DO WE NEED SNOW

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD DO I NEED TO SHOOT A BIG FRIGGIN BUCK

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD ( to answer the OP question): I HATE skiing in crappy weather, I HATE skiing when it's crowded --- that's what bars are for

2 more weeks and my skis will finally hit the snow
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
I find it interesting that you jumped in (several pages back) with "Don't make work for the moderator" rather than enforcing forum rule #1: Respect other forum members.  This thread isn't about beating kids.  This thread is about respect among forum members (or lack thereof).  As Administrator you can chose to stand up for that principle or not.  I already made my stand, as have others.  So far you haven't.
Who's respect are you talking about? If there wasn't an overreaction to offhand comment this whole thread never would have followed this path. Respect is a difficult thing to judge. Your lack of respect for Harvey is quite obvious and rude in my opinion. Why did you call him out on enforcement of his rules? Because he is not enforcing them the way you want?  I don't think YOU are following rule #1.

We need to remember we are in Harvey's House. He will enforce `his rules as he sees fit. I would guess he doesn't really need your advice.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris@GORE
Gore was pretty nice today !
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

Chris@GORE wrote
No clue who Chris@GORE is but this dude/dudette is one funny person!!!

Welcome to the show Chris
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris@GORE
I'm a dude who skis and lives near Gore.
Let's keep this thread going !
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Chris@GORE
Chris@GORE wrote
yes indeed it was
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded