361 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 19
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

freeheeln
snoloco wrote
That looks like it sucked.  Crowded, icy, and moguls.
Never sucks skiing with the wife and/or kids. 👍
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
snoloco wrote
What's wrong with moguls?

"It's not that you can't ski moguls.  It's that you can't ski.  The moguls just prove it."

Remember this mantra as you progress in your skill development.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Gorefarmhouse wrote
snoloco wrote
What's wrong with moguls?

"It's not that you can't ski moguls.  It's that you can't ski.  The moguls just prove it."

Remember this mantra as you progress in your skill development.
+1
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
December 27

January 3

What a difference a week makes!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

radam
Things skied really nice yesterday, Essex and Victoria in particular. If you picked the right on on Victoria you could've been fooled into thinking that we were actually in the middle of a good (or at least average) winter.  The place was a bit crowded in the morning but as the day went on it thinned out.  And since it was snowing moderately all-day, if you stay off the highest-traffic lines you could have some soft turns right til the end.  I had been on the fence about getting out yesterday so I'm really glad I went for it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
December 27

January 3

What a difference a week makes!!!
Awesome photo comparison Face!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by radam
Outside of spring, ec bumps are usually an icy death trap from hell and although I can make it down alive, it's totally unenjoyable.  I could probably do great on western bumps with a few lessons, but why spend all that money to learn how to ski better in icy $hit conditions (non-spring ec bumps).  Even on rare powder days, all the snow gets tracked out and pushed into moguls with boilerplate in-between.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Loco....can 16 year olds be immature, inexperienced and somewhat ignorant adolecents?  Sure!  Are they all?  No.

Can mid-winter EC bumps be icy and unpleasant?  Sure?  Are they all?  No.

Won't say you need to get out there more because you do a great job of making the effort to get yourself on the slopes, but you do need to get around the mountain more and expand your repertoire and skill set.  Your Steamboat trip was good experience, and years from now when you have lots more experience under your belt you may still sing a version of the same tune, but it will likely sound a whole lot different.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

radam
In reply to this post by snoloco
If you're suggesting that yesterday's bumps were icy, good luck and godspeed when you actually do encounter icy bumps.  
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
To be fair to sno, the "moguls" at Mountain Creek when I skied there are something no man or woman should ever have to experience. Maybe they've traumatized him as they did to me a couple years back?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by snoloco
 Sno you need to sign up for a season long ski improvement  program, you will meet new ski buds and by seasons end you will seek out those  icy bumps.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

SalSal
Fellow BeastCoasters, based on your many years' experience, when can we expect Glades and Slides (upstate NY or VT) to be in a skiable condition with this El Nino season given us?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
SalSal wrote
Fellow BeastCoasters, based on your many years' experience, when can we expect Glades and Slides (upstate NY or VT) to be in a skiable condition with this El Nino season given us?
Same time they always are: March, February or Late January if we're lucky. If you're booking lodging, book the first three weeks of March for the best chance.

Need a lot of snow to open that stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
December 27

Hot ass fire melting all the snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

SalSal
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck, thanks a lot for your answer!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This morning was awesome.  WF is in awesome shape!  What a week for the snowTribe!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Looks nice.  The tribe is going to get a chance next week to show just how good they can be.  Warm and rainy Sunday followed by cold temps......hopefully the mountain doesn't lose much coverage and the tribe can refresh and resurface before the holiday weekend.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Hopefully they can get some more terrain open, like maybe the summit.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Looks nice.  The tribe is going to get a chance next week to show just how good they can be.  Warm and rainy Sunday followed by cold temps......hopefully the mountain doesn't lose much coverage and the tribe can refresh and resurface before the holiday weekend.
Was planning on cutting out of work Wednesday to get up there and beat the holiday crowd with some midweek days....hoping that lake effect comes this way a bit..….
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
1 ... 3456789 ... 19