1 ... 3456789 ... 54
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

JTG4eva!
bumps wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
But, wait, I forgot that won’t be necessary because you won’t be skiing there!
His real satisfaction doesn't necessarily come from skiing; it's having people like you respond to his forum posts over and over.

My bad, I’m done.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Signal-to-noise ratio: You (I) may not agree with what some of what sno says but 90% of what he posts is signal.
You might have lost me here.  I think he’s 90% noise not 90% signal, as most of his observations have little basis in reality, other than what twisted reality exists in his own mind.

Yes, 100% I agree that Whiteface could try and do a better job getting the Lookout pod open.  Of course, if that came at the expense of Mac how many people other than Sno would be happy?

However, this “Six Flags” gondola line and his being relegated to lapping Mountain Run because every other lift has a prohibitive line and all the other trails are being used for racing nonsense......that’s all noise that he hears in his own head.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Oh I would I would.  People have been skiing mac for weeks now...and imo it skis better all natural.  It naturally holds snow.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by snoloco
OK I am going to call BS on you on this one.  There are long lines (20 minutes) in the singles line and that is to get to the top on the mountain when you enter the corral. Got to be on time.  But really that happens between 10:30 and 1:30.  Choose your battles young Jedi lift lines at whiteface are not the correct one.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Signal is sincere and thoughtful ski related content. Noise is trolling, just trying to get people pissed off for fun. I don't believe things like the six flags comment are trolling, I think sno is truly bummed that Lookout isn't open.

Sno has thought his opinions through and provides data. Whether he is right, or whether you agree or I or not is not relevant, to me.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Thanks for clarifying Harvey.  I was thinking signal = true indication of a problem (i.e. Whiteface should get Lookout open sooner), whereas noise = eggaerated, somewhat baseless, complaints/observations (i.e. Six Flags gondola lines and being relegated to lapping Mountain Run because the rest of the mountain is a shit show).  By those definitions I think Sno is mostly noise.  However, I don’t think he trolls.  His ill-formed (IMHO) opinions/perceptions are genuine, as wrong as I think they might be.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by tjf1967
Ok, maybe Mac was a bad example, but you get my drift.....unless you agree that Wilmington should open before other significant trails on the main mountain.

I understand lots of things may be skiable/get skied (have been for weeks now) on natural snow (and I agree they are better that way), but that won’t get them open (even though I think they could be), and get them counted in the Snonalysis!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Its a business decision.  When they move over to look out its like a car plant changing its line to make a different vehicle.  Its a fairly substantial job and understand why they don't.  Would I like to see W open YUP do I understand why they are doing what they are doing YUP. Do I have opinions YUP.  Do I share them here NOPE.  Other than I do like my guided tour idea.  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Could do better job?!  No, more like have to do a better job to avoid being the laughing stock of eastern skiing.  It's the only ORDA lift that isn't open yet so clearly not an ORDA issue, and clearly the weather isn't an issue either.  So what could it possibly be?  Any guesses would be appreciated.

And I agree with tjf.  Mac is a fun trail, but you don't sacrifice opening all your lifts for the busiest weekend of they year to open that.  They've had more than enough of a window to open Lookout, yet they simply choose not to.

I hardly ever ride the gondola unless I'm forced to when they don't feel like running the LWF lift.  The line is always way longer than anything else on the mountain and they don't even try to fill up all the cabins and run it well below top speed which makes the line even worse.  Also, I always seem to get stuck with assholes who want to dope up and when I tell them not to they either do it anyways, or give me dirty looks and bitch about not being stoned the whole ride.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Tell them you have asthma and it makes it so you cant breath.  You know stoners don't have good sense but they generally have good hearts though. Pull their heart stings.  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
It's kind of a dick move to force other people to your smoke in an enclosed cabin. Either have a full load where everyone agrees on it or don't do that.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Its a business decision.  
He doesn't get that

when everything is given to you that's what happens

Noah was right
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Blaha.  Its not to late.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
If I thought he had it in him, I’d be sure Sno WAS trolling!  But he’s not!  He’s either the unluckiest skier in the world, or he just can’t help but say stoopid shit.

I’ve taken hundreds upon hundreds of rides in the Cloudsplitter gondola, with hundreds and hundreds of those being with other people (and not my kids).......and only ONCE, one time, did another party light up (vape actually), and they were kind enough to ask my permission first.  But Sno, he apparently can’t get in a gondola car without Cheech and Chong.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Me to, very rarely does anyone ask me if its all right to light up and I never get an attitude but I am a little older.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Sure, kids might be more likely to light up with another kid....but always, to the point that he avoids the gondola because of it???  Please....
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Keep in mind I'm at the age where they just assume I do drugs also and am fine with it if they do.  And I started avoiding the gondola after it happened three times in one day.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Maybe get one of these for your coat
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Sno you probably to too bro/brah, so they just assume you enjoy organic, locally sourced, artisan heady budz.   Cut off your dreads & gipsy feathers, hike up those pants, tuck in the tall T and for Pete's sake, stop wearing patchouli.  

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
snoloco wrote
Ah "relax and enjoy it".

Exactly what Marketing told me when I called them out for having 30 minute lift lines on Santa day when they chose not to run LWF chair.
You weren't even skiing here on Xmas day so you need to relax a bit on this topic
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
1 ... 3456789 ... 54