classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1070 messages Options
1 ... 495051525354
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

snoloco
Can you please just shut up.  We know you thought Skyward was great and that you think you're better than everyone else because you hike it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Didn’t realize that accurate information and the sharing of experiences were so inappropriate for the forum.  My bad! I’ll refrain from both in the future so as not to make you feel threatened.

#safespaceforsno
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

skithefaceordie
In reply to this post by snoloco
That’s because it was pretty fucking great for the fifth of May😂Wah the jealousy...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by skithefaceordie
skithefaceordie wrote
You’re looking at the seventeen year old right here.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
This post was updated on .
Instagram vote linked to this survey. WF in second place last I looked. https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-best-ski-resorts-in-the-world?ref=browse_ranking&l=2&pos=6 Hope link works.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
MikePom wrote
Instagram vote linked to this survey. WF in second place last I looked.

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-best-ski-resorts-in-the-world?ref=browse_ranking&l=2&pos=6

Hope link works.
Fixed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J

Ticket from Whiteface May 5th

Got it in mail today with very nice note on the back
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Whiteface moves up in rank to #1 Ski Resort in world.  Thanks to NYS Ski Blog!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
I don't know about #1 in the world, but IMO the 3rd floor did a really good job this year.  Here's why:

- Record late close
- Bar open for Christmas week
- Securing funding from the state
- Good UMP
- Got it passed
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
WF Memorial Highway opens tomorrow. Anyone not named Snoloco gonna two car it and hike down to Skyward?

Was thinking about big K on Sunday but not if it rains all day Sat and all day Sun. My last day may have been closing day at Gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Whiteface upgrades

At Oktoberfest I was told that they added a new compressor to the main pumphouse.  Snowmaking on Mountain Run replaces the older pipes & goes to some locations that it didn't reach before.

Also, in the more "time will tell" category, I was told that trail cutting for the new lift will start in the spring.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Which lift are we talking about?  The bear den to mid one or the “I” lift replacement?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
There is no bear den to mid bro.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Sorry must not be paying attn

I am concerned a I lift that goes up above the ridge will be exposed to more wind killing the only wind sheltered lift we have.  

Also not having a mid station really impacts the number of training laps the race programs can make.  Do we know if a mid is planned for this new lift?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
 Bear chair will extend to an elevation above calamity lane/lowerthruway.  Racer direct chair to training zone
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
On another note, stood where the new bar will be in the new bear den lodge.  They def put it in the right location to view the mtn!  Killer view of the slides
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
If the racers have to go to the bottom of Bear and they run that lift really slow as it’s intended audience is low level skiers that will not be a hot lap

Will the new bear have a mid station?  We are gonna up up with confusion by new skiers that will end up at the top of that chair now skiing on blues.  

What about the wind issues on the I lift?

Not sure this plan has really been thought thru too well

Is the bears den bar actually looking at the mountain?  The other bar has a great view of the back wall.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Z wrote
Not sure this plan has really been thought thru too well
At a New York, state runned ski are? No way.....
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Z
Have a look here.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I think the only fixed grip with a mid unload is at Bellerye that I’ve ever ridden. That thing stops constantly.  The new bear lift will end up having to run super slow given the audience that Bear serves.  Will they also add a load station where i is now since mostly the lower skiers will be getting off and chairs will mostly be empty above the mid?  Plus you will end up with a lot of broke poles and green skiers ending up now up on blues.  Again clearly not well thought out or trying to do too much with one lift and and not succeeding at any of the missions it has.

Now if they put in a HSQ like they have at Alta with a mid load that would be perfect but I don’t see that happening.

It would be better to shorten I to the mid, leave Bear alone and put the new lift in.  I’d rather see a new lift on the other side of that ridge out of the prevailing wind running say from top of face lift to top of Northway.  You could open early season with down loading the Face and ski the north facing slopes including the new blue that they want to cut there.
1 ... 495051525354