classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
136 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Winter 2016/2017 Plans?

nepa
JasonWx wrote
And your wife didn't divorce you?  If not, you go girl...
Not yet, but I'm still on payroll until the end of the first week in October.

JasonWx wrote
My wife would have told me to look in the fucking mirror if I wanted to find myself...
When we moved out here, we made an agreement, the agreement was that I get to stop being an adult once we have no major bills.  last mortgage payment was made in February... No Kids & No Mortgage ==> No major bills... time for me to play ski bum for a while.  I'll work during the summer to fund my habits, but for the most part, I consider myself to be semi-retired.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Atta boy Nepa.

No need to work a life away. No one on their death bed looks back and says......Man I wish I worked more. :)

No. One.

And the money thing......it's necessary but you won't be taking it with you. Ski your ass off. The clock is ticking.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gaper Rog
Banned User
In reply to this post by nepa
You the man
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
@RA & @Rog. Thanks Gentlemen.

Obviously, this season, I'll have some time on my hands... if anyone wants to pay a visit to the PNW... I'll gladly play host.

This is my home Mtn...

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

When we moved out here, we made an agreement, the agreement was that I get to stop being an adult once we have no major bills.  last mortgage payment was made in February... No Kids & No Mortgage ==> No major bills... time for me to play ski bum for a while.  I'll work during the summer to fund my habits, but for the most part, I consider myself to be semi-retired.

you are now my idol...hail to the winner of the game
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
In reply to this post by snoloco
Scenario - it doesn't matter.  By the time you get there, or anyone gets there from anywhere expect Placid,  it will have been blown across the lake and added to Jay Peak's snowfall total.  

Btw, I say this as a WF lover, not a knock.  Cold hard truth.  Cold hard base actually.  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Oh man Nepa, I thought about your situation a little more and I have to say, the best times of my life have been those days where you ski all day long, safety meeting after safety meeting on almost every lap on the chair, then finishing off the day with cold beers with friends at the lodge. You get home, eat a big meal, pass out by 9 and wake up every day to repeat this over and over again. I freaking love being a ski bum! Good on ya!

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
nepa wrote
@RA & @Rog.  Thanks Gentlemen.<p>

Obviously, this season, I'll have some time on my hands... if anyone wants to pay a visit to the PNW... I'll gladly play host.<p>

This is my home Mtn... <p>
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/61643258?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Let me add to the chorus of admiration. You've made a great decision in my opinion. I don't know what you drive but if it's a pickup I'd suggest going on Craigslist to look for a used truck camper and hit the road a least for a couple weeks. You can chases the storms all over the west and really take advantage of that freedom you've bought yourself.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Sno cal the friggen DOT and ask THEM 😈
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I drove every weekend for 7 years from Watertown to WF on 3 to 86.  My advice would be to check the radar before leaving as that route will be more prone to lake effect than the northern one.  Lake effect tends to Peter out past Tupper but it can be nasty around Chilwold and that section of road is twisty and hilly.

The northern route also could let you bypass LP by going thru Bloomingdale and over the hump of the backside of WF which if the weather is good and it's a busy weekend might be the way to go.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Oh yeah, right, acorn counts and cat fur is a great way to judge the weather, too.

It's no better than any other long range planning tool.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Hoser
Hoser wrote
Scenario - it doesn't matter.  By the time you get there, or anyone gets there from anywhere expect Placid,  
umm bro, Whiteface is in Wilmington.  

Wilmington people don't have to drive behind LP tourist on powder days.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Winter plans are as follows:

Deer hunt until just before Xmas
Ski Greek Sunday's and Tuesday's regularly plus any night it's puking out
Hit Gore for a long weekend
Hit Platty for Harv's B-day beer fest
Hit the Face for a long weekend --- whoop up on SJ at fooz while I'm there
Ride my sled every chance I get --- with any luck we'll have enough snow I can ride it to Greek and go skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I am honored!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
My goals remain modest:

35+ days
Lots of afternoon nordix
Visit smuggs to meet and ski with Vin
Ski Greek Peak
Find some pow
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Harvey
Looking forward to it Harv ---- gonna try and get the crew down that way for a potential Sat/Sun ski weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
That will give me juice with the front office :) Tell em Harv sent ya.

Also last year my round was pretty lame $84 plus (massive) tip.  With your boys around maybe we can make it pay.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We'll tell em

84 bucks??? WTF, we'll do that in the first hour at Greek  I'll say this tho --- it's your b-day so we'll be buying YOU beers! And shots! It's just what we do

When you decide to hit Greek try and plan to ski on Sunday so you can meet everyone. I'll be sure and tell Boo your cool, he really doesn't like new people --- LMAO!
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
snoloco wrote
I drive an all wheel drive SUV and have taken a winter driving course, so I feel like as long as the roads have been plowed, I should be able to get through.
An SUV with AWD is nice, but don't rely on all-season rubber up there. Put some real snow tires on it.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
will probably go out west, but will wait til the last minute...
"Peace and Love"