classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
700 messages Options
1 ... 25262728293031 ... 35
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

MikePom
I skied with my two sons today, and we really had a great day.  

Despite the temperature never making it out of the single digits and a fair amount of hard pack, there were good runs to be had.  With full sun and little wind (with the exception of the BRQ) we had no problem with the cold.  Lunch was in the Warming Hut which, with a lightly populated mountain made it feel like we had Gore all to ourselves.

Hawkeye, Lies and Echo were the best runs of the day.  Super fast but still able to carve an edge.  My younger son and I tucked the headwall of Echo and topped out at 57 & 58 MPH.  

For me however, the highlight of my day was watching them both launch of the headwall of The Rumor, without hesitation and rip it super fast from top to bottom without stopping.  Quite an accomplishment considering the firmness of the hard pack.

<nabble_embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hvx6a2asIv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>/nabble_embed>
The Pomarico Brothers Ripping The Rumor
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
That sound in the slow-mo gives me nitrous flash backs
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Ha!  My first college roommate liked to whippet, whippet good.  He was full of other great ideas, too....like playing with liquid mercury with his bare hands and growing herb on our windowsill.  Yeah, Jamie only lasted one semester!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
I thought Gore was pretty darn good yesterday, all things considered.   No crowds, and pretty good snow early.  Rumor and Lies skied very well for a few runs, then started to get a little scratchy.  Overall, looking good!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
 and growing herb on our windowsill.  Yeah, Jamie only lasted one semester!
Hehehe. What,,,,, He was advant-garde ! Society just didn't appreciate such a " lit up " luminary as he.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589

1.5" down so far, full day of snow ahead, no lift line right now. Let's do this.

Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
I am so jealous!!  Take a run for me please, and all the other suckers who will be digging out while you bust fresh tracks all day!

Send Pics!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
One more while I ride the Gondy solo for the second time. Showcase was beautiful. 2" of blower on top of groomed. 2 tracks on it.

Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Good for you!  Enjoy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Good job, man. Enjoy
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
So anyone know exactly what Gore got for a storm total? They are being vague on there ski report saying "Over 2 Feet", which I believe, but a measurement would be nice.

Earlier this morning they said a measurement was coming, now they have taken that off. Not that I don't believe them, but pretty much everywhere else on the east coast has been able to provide a measurement of some sort regardless of how accurate it may arguably be.

Not saying it really makes a difference but curious how they stacked up to other places in the area. WF got 30+ and so did McCauley. Hopeful they got in on the same.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
based on radar and surrounding reports, i would expect 25 to 30 at gore
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Check the WebCam
Reply | Threaded
|

GoreMountainLodge

Sagamore.  8:35 a.m.    Impossible to say exact total with the wind.  But certainly 24+
Mark Parobeck, principal
GoreMountainLodge.com
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
In reply to this post by Hoser
Thank You Gore Mountain Lodge, how much did you pickup?
Reply | Threaded
|

GoreMountainLodge
Last night my son measured 28" and my friend measured 22".  So it's always going to be debatable.  But I should put up measuring devices for the future.   Make up our own weather station.   In fact, I think I'll try and do that for next year.
Mark Parobeck, principal
GoreMountainLodge.com
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
with a webcam :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
Gore was unbelievable today. Deepest day I've probably ever had there...and that's a long time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
How were the woods? Sure it was deep but curious how coverage was given there was little base left in there before this storm. Good thing is ground is frozen at least.
1 ... 25262728293031 ... 35