518 messages Options
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Skiray
We will be at PICO.....

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Check out my TR from new years eve when we parked at Skyeship base.  Really the way to go on a very busy weekend if you are going to ski the Big K.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Fast firm and carvable early. Scrapey by 1-2. Predictable high speed Jerrys. At least 5 people in sleds. Super star and outer limits had guns going and nice big soft bumps. Probably hit pico Tom.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
There were a number of sleds yesterday at PICO too.. Though will say, it was fast hitting laps from the summit - though it was somewhat scraped off, surprisingly skiable. We will be at PICO today -getting there on the later side of the morning.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Skied with the family yesterday from around 10:30 til close. Fantastic day. We started at Ramshead and worked our way across blue and green terrain all the way to Bear and back. Conditions held up very well all day until around 2:30 or 3pm. The amount of terrain that Killington has open with great coverage is pretty damn amazing. No crowds at all yesterday. Terrain parks were really fun. We finished lapping neffland. The kids had a blast. I've had a bias against K since I skied there in college but I have to say I really enjoyed our trip. Saturday would have been better spent at Pico to avoid the crowds but overall we had a great time. The commitment to customer service at both K and Pico is evident. I was standing at the base of Bear yesterday waiting for my daughter and looking at a lift map. A mountain ambassador came over and asked me if I needed any help with directions, open terrain and asked me if I was enjoying my day. One of many similar interactions we had over three days. It was refreshing to say the least. Not necessary but it certainly doesn't detract from the experience.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
Yesterday, I decided to put on the denim overalls and lap Outer Limits bell-to-bell.  First few runs were surprisingly chattery, but it got better throughout the day.  Fog was a big issue, but it got better.  Eventually around 11:30, I ran into a friend, and we started skiing other stuff, so I didn't do Outer Limits bell-to-bell, but honestly, I was over the idea and it was getting quite repetitive.  Overall a fun day though!  Make the best of what you have!

Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Adrider83 wrote
Yesterday, I decided to put on the denim overalls
Bad ass!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Conditions today were just delicious.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I'm going to purchase my Killington pass this weekend. They actually dropped their pass pricing by a couple hundred bucks from last year. My guess is that they are concerned about competing with Stowe's Epic Pass now that Stowe is part of Vail. Regardless, the savings is certainly welcomed, as long as they make a profit, continue their snow making efforts, and invest in the resort.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
I think they are also trying to keep up with Sugarbush who cut their full adult pass price from $1350 to $799 because of Epic. Whatever you want to say about Vail they are driving cost savings and innovation (maxpass, mountain collective). Hope K gets some snow tonight and its not just hard set frozen gran. Planning on hitting it tomorrow to burn one of my maxpass days.
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
what do you think they will have for coverage next week?
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Unfortunately I didn't make it over there this weekend so can't say for sure. They are going to start winding down some of their lifts. Their conditions page has details.
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
yep read that was just wondering if someone had first hand info.......
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray

Here now and it is amazing!!!

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Thanks Skiray

will be going up next sunday.......
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
SO much melt this weekend. BIGLY too. Though things there will still skiable - I bet much of it might not last the week. We got 9 of 10 days of skiing - closing out PICO in powder conditions, to skiing Killington, Jay and back to Killington for the weekend.  Legs and kids are tired so, sitting in the hot tub and calling our trip a success, heading home a day early - though not wanting to leave. Figure I can save the vacation day ...  Maybe there might be snow in the near forecast - never know.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It sounds like you had a nice time, Skiray. Had I skied 9 out of 10 days, I likely wouldn''t be able to walk. I didn't get out over the weekend, but did ski this morning. The snow seems to be holding up for mid-April. Superstar is looking good. They only groomed about half the trails last night, but no complaints.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Skiray
  NICE WORK RAY.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Skied Killington on Tues. 4/18/17. Lift tics are $75... But if you show a seasons pass or a lift ticket from another ski area you get 50% off midweek and 25% off on weekends. So I bought a lift ticket on Tues. for $37.50. Great spring conditions - Sunny, warm, corn snow.

Superstar was groomed but the lower section bumps up fast with the warm temps.

Highline

Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Oh man, HIGHLINE was covered this past Sunday!

AlbaAdventures.com
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 26