273 messages Options
1 ... 2425262728
Reply |  

Re: Killington Conditions

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by Big D
Looks awesome.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Skiray
Harv - you think will be able to make it up these next couple of weekends?

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply |  

Big D
Zoomed in on the pic of lower Superstar taken on Tues. 4/18. This was groomed in the morning but bumped of fairly fast on a warm sunny day. Consider how big these bumps would/will get on a warm weekend day with many more skiers.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by Skiray
Love the superstar bump pics.

Skiray wrote
Harv - you think will be able to make it up these next couple of weekends?
Not this weekend. Next? TBD. I usually hit Killy the same weekend I stack the firewood for next year, still trying to find a source that will cut it short for our little stove.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Anyone have an idea of how long Killy will last?

Reply |  

Joneski73
I'm planning on skiing Superstar for my birthday, the weekend of May 20th.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reply |  

Brownski
It's funny you say that. I'm hoping they last that long for the exact same reason

Reply |  

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Anyone have an idea of how long Killy will last?
 I was standing on the top of Superstar this morning trying to survey the situation, but the truth is, I can never tell. What I will say, is that they lost quite a bit since last weekend.

Reply |  

Skiray
Today at Killington

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply |  

Big D
Skied Killington on Sunday 4/23/17 with Cornhead. Briilliant Sunny, Warm, Spring Day with excellent Spring Skiing.
Superstar had been groomed overnight but it bumped up after awhile.

a couple of pics:

Cascade, Downdraft

1 ... 2425262728