Re: Today's Ride

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Chris
Haha, the bottle flip was partly exasperation in choosing to do the single speed category, meaning I had to go out on my 3rd lap, just as the leaders in the Pro category were finishing their 3rd. I was thinking at that time "I could be done, if I had done the two lap race". Oh well, what's another 6 miles of punishing hills with a 32x18?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
I can't believe how you (or anyone, for that matter) would intentionally choose to handicap themselves by riding a single speed.  Stoopid.. Really stoopid. Imagine doing something similar in the wintertime.  Why.. ?  I can't quite grasp the anti-logic  behind this behavior.  Weird or what.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
This post was updated on .
Telemark Dave wrote
I can't believe how you (or anyone, for that matter) would intentionally choose to handicap themselves by riding a single speed.  Stoopid.. Really stoopid. Imagine doing something similar in the wintertime.  Why.. ?  I can't quite grasp the anti-logic  behind this behavior.  Weird or what.
I know a guy that rides a FIXED gear single speed! Now, that's a masochist.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Marcski wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
I knoe a guy that rides a FIXED gear single speed! Now, that's a masochist.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
Haha, almost like chopping off half of a ski binding or something!

Strange subcultures in these sports!

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Post hip replacement mtb has been beating me up pretty good so Ive been rotating in alot of gravel grinder rides on the old hardtail and really enjoying it

... so much that i couldn't resist a great deal on a new whip

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Nice Gorg...How do you like the cross bike?  I've been interested in checking those out myself....
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
So far so good, the biking equivalent to xcd! takes a bit of getting used to and don;t really have anything to compare it to, i havent ridden a road bike since my schwinn continental in college. it sure peels off the miles quickly though and seems pretty comfy and compliant for the 40ish mile rail trail rides ive done so far. gonna get a little fatter rubber - from 28 to 35 or so. maybe adjust the gearing to 11-34t, we'll see after a few more climbs
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Very nice Gorgonzola!  And yes, do go fatter..(You won't regret it. )You can get away with a touch less pressure that way. Waaay more comfy.  Heck, I've even double wrapped my bars.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Definitely a cool ride..

I would love to ride road too, but way to dangerous down here..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
thanks,
same here - i don;t ever see myself being a roadie. ive got access to literally hundreds of miles of of rail trails, canal paths and rural gravel roads with minimal road connectors right out of my front door. this bike makes these a ton of fun.

next step is to plan and gear up for some overnight bikepacking adventures
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Ski Bowl Trails Saturday:

Logger's/Lussi Sunday:

And Colonie today. Coming up on the best time of year for riding bikes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
mattchuck2 wrote
Coming up on the best time of year for riding bikes.
Word.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Prime biking season started when the snow melted and trails dried.
I am starting to feel that mtn biking is surpassing skiing on the fun meter. I don't freeze my ass off , as long as it's not pouring no condition issues, no lift tkts ...And most of all never a lift line or crowd...

just my opinion...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
JasonWx wrote
I am starting to feel that mtn biking is surpassing skiing on the fun meter.
Jason tried to talk me out of an Alps ski trip and use the proceeds for a new mountain bike.

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Mountain biking is awesome...but everything, mountain biking included, is just biding time until ski season!  Not that I ever really put the bike away during winter, although, if there is a snowpack in my local area, I'll be out on my XC setup and not snowbiking.

Matt, does Ace always have a smile on her face or just when she is skiing or mt. biking??
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Me and a boulder I didn't see as it had leaves on it had a disagreement and I went down hard.  Blew out a dereailure cable and my shoulder does feel too good

I had not ever done this trail before and it was much steeper and more eroded in spots than I realized.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Tacoing sucks...

2 words ...Dropper Post..
"Peace and Love"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I should have lowered my seat.  I was unfamiliar with the trail and didn't know it was that steep until too late
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
1 ... 26272829303132 ... 59