classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1175 messages Options
1 ... 29303132333435 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Chris
First ride of 2017 in the books at Gurney Lane in Queensbury yesterday afternoon.  The Park opened the trails via Facebook and we headed up to check it out.  Trails nice and dry with 2 soft spots in the shaded ravines.

Feels good!
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Nice.

I'm thinking I might hit Luther this afternoon. Gotta get the bike legs back.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
This post was updated on .
Also got first ride of the season in down here in jerz.  Highlands, NJ...some pretty good elevation gain for being right on the coast.

As you can see here, it's right on the coast:
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
Hartshorne Woods, Monmouth County Park System, recognized Mt. Biking as a viable recreation early on,80's, stuck with it when other systems were closing down to bikes.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
That looks like a perty ride..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Dude... you're on fire... best time of the  year IMO... ride 1 day, ski the next!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
For me 5 hour driving gap between the two makes that a tough one...
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Hey guys, I have a bike related question so I figure this thread would be a great place to ask it.  I have a trek road bike, I ride 10-20 miles 2-3 times a week.  I am looking into buying clipless pedals and bike shoes.  Does anybody else here use clipless pedals?  I have a question or two to ask before I pull the trigger buying some
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
louie.mirags wrote
Hey guys, I have a bike related question so I figure this thread would be a great place to ask it.  I have a trek road bike, I ride 10-20 miles 2-3 times a week.  I am looking into buying clipless pedals and bike shoes.  Does anybody else here use clipless pedals?  I have a question or two to ask before I pull the trigger buying some
Been riding clipless since shortly after they were invented... I find them especially enjoyable on my road bike.

Whats up?
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
I was eyeing some Shimano road pedals and road bike shoes but then somebody recommended to me to get MTB shoes for ease of walking etc.   What do you think?  If I am causally riding for fun/exercise will MTB shoes work fine for me?  Will any SPD pedals work fine or should I get MTB pedals and MTB shoes?  
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
IMHO, clipless pedals are a huge plus.
I use Speedplay for the roadbike and SPD for the mountain bike.

Love me my speedplays for the road bike. They have a lot of play which I find helps keep pressure off of the knees. If you're riding the road, why do you need to be walking?  Even with walking a bit into a coffee shop, etc., the cleats should last 3-5 years.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
The walking would mainly be a quick stop into a store like ya said.  Also, I have a dirt driveway that I usually walk my bike to the end then hop on.  So that would be the extent of it.  Maybe I will still go with the ones made for road biking.  I was considering buying the Shimano R550 pedals.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Road bike clipless no question
MTB i am all about flats...The flats i use stick like glue to my 5-10 shoes..I have been over the bars to many times to clipped in..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated 
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
I ride Specialized MTB Comb shoes off and on road , SPD, have my settings way light, never have a problem unclipping.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Guys, thanks again for the input.  I went with Shimano PD-R550 pedals and their R065 road shoes.  The reviews were solid so I figured these would be a good entry level combo.  I will report back in a week or two.  
Reply | Threaded
|

K man

Ride 2 on my winter project.  All I can say is Awesome!  Turner also has some fantastic customer service.  I sent them a question on shock pressures while building it up over the winter, Dave Turner himself called me back in about 15 minutes.  Don't get that kind of service very often.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
That's a slick bike, I know nothing about Turner.

Heading to google now..
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
looks very sweet..
Is that  a Eagle 1x12 ?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
I just got back from a week in sunny (and hot) Cuba. We did some nice riding with our little group and ended up leaving nine more bikes down there (ooops, I forgot to take my bike home). A few days ago, I got away from the group for a short ride around and discovered that the beach was packed down for riding on a non-fat bike. How often do you get to take a picture of your bike leaning against a tropical beach flag?

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
1 ... 29303132333435 ... 59