classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
273 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112 ... 14
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voile Charger Love....

gorgonzola
Can't answer to the voile's but my epoch's go plenty fast to get me in a whole lotta trouble with my limited freeheel skillset  calling mc2, I'd like to hook up for a clinic this season!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
There you go...
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I just can't bring myself to spring for a third set of BC skis, I need to trash out a pair before I buy a new one and scales are not a big enough reason. I bought 2 new pair last year and two the year before. I have so damn many pair in the basement I need to start to sell off. With a full complement of Alpine and a full set of BC skis and all in good condition - I need to slow down a bit.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
PeeTex wrote
With a full complement of Alpine
Peetex where do you ski? Somehow I'd thought you didn't ride lifts anymore.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harv,

I will ride lifts early season when the BC is too boney or when my wife wants to ski, she is an alpine skier. If I am riding lifts it is usually a smaller place like Royal, Oak or McCauley. I will ski Gore a few times per season and sometimes WF, just depends on where the snow is. When I travel to the rockies I usually Alpine for a day or two with my wife to get used to the altitude and then I'll switch & go off by myself or with my Grand daughter exploring.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I just can't bring myself to spring for a third set of BC skis, I need to trash out a pair before I buy a new one and scales are not a big enough reason. I bought 2 new pair last year and two the year before. I have so damn many pair in the basement I need to start to sell off. With a full complement of Alpine and a full set of BC skis and all in good condition - I need to slow down a bit.
Pics, or it didn't happen...

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
PeeTex, did you see this article?

http://www.powder.com/stories/skis-equal-skiing/

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Nice justification article Dave.
There are lots of reasons to buy new skis;
1) You only live once
2) It's only money
3) They'll make you ski better
4) It just feels good to have new stuff

and I am sure there are more.

I may regret the decision when I am slogging into or out of some cache in the High Peaks, but I just have to keep reminding myself - it's the journey.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
You have stronger resolve than I, PeeTex.  (No new skis for me this year, but so far, a new helmet, some boots - albeit used - and skins ordered.) I'm no stranger to conspicuous consumption.
  <sigh..>
TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Had some Charger love today... Nice to know they still work... It's been a while.
Pics over in the Hinterland thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
More Charger love today.  Even took a pic.

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Would that pic be the equivalent of a bike leaning on a tree?
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
pro2860 wrote
lol
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
Absolutely. It's hard to get near a tree with your skis off.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Charger love all over at SR today.  Perfect tool for the day.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
Thanks for the idea...
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Charger love all over at SR today.  Perfect tool for the day.
Pics or it didn't happen...
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Gratuitous shot of my Voile Charger BC's snuggled in the basement ceiling for the time being.. A "leaning against something" pic will have to wait.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
It's already been a week since this was taken.. Hopefully winter returns with a vengeance .....
Note: Charger BC's leaning against my Hyundai.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Modified my Chargers today:

Yeah, yeah, the sticker is a little off centre. Aren't we all.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
1 ... 6789101112 ... 14