classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1254 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

Brownski
Who’s working from home at this point? I stayed home the last few days and have been calling customers on the phone but upper management is leaning on us pretty heavily to hit the streets without explicitly saying so.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Look we all know half the world blames the prez 100% and half the world thinks his response has been excellent.

Maybe some see a middle ground. I do.

Let it go. We all know what we all think.

Time to focus on what we have in common, not what divides us.
Harv, with due respect to you and the job you do here, the reason to look at the leadership decisions, actions, and inactions that got us here, is because that history is probably indicative of decisions, actions, and inactions going forward. Tigers rarely change their stripes.

I'm out. I'll no longer post in this thread, or any others. You all can have your love fest. Just do it from six feet apart.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
billyymc wrote

I'm out. I'll no longer post in this thread, or any others. You all can have your love fest. Just do it from six feet apart.
This ain't an airport.

Announcing departures is not needed.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Who’s working from home at this point? I stayed home the last few days and have been calling customers on the phone but upper management is leaning on us pretty heavily to hit the streets without explicitly saying so.
I can not work from home.

Nobody in retail can.

I have no doubt in my mind we will be forced to close soon. Most likely a matter of days. When that happens it will hurt, I'll be fine, but there are many, many, many people who won't be.

To say the least these are trying times.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Harv - ban this guy, he's getting way to political.
Harv - I only posted that because Willy was being a dick earlier. I don't care if you ban him, but seems he left on his own.
MC can't help himself, maybe he needs to go to rehab.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Hold the individual  responsible for this Epic Failure of Leadership when u vote in November, now lets get back to regular programming.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
NYS has 1000 more new cases in the last 24 hours.  I am working from home.  I also plan on pretty much distancing myself from my dad for the next two weeks, until I sure that I am asymptomatic.  He is 79 and falls into the "sucks to be you" demographic if he gets sick.  I lost my mom in September.  Losing my dad because of something I may have transmitted would kill me.

And, just for reference, look at the date that I started this thread.  It was dormant.  Look where we are now. Stay home, stay well, wash your damn hands.

WP

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Covid in our school now. Or more accurately, discovered in our school now.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Hold the individual  responsible for this Epic Failure of Leadership when u vote in November, now lets get back to regular programming.
Or - vote for the person who took rapid and bold action and showed great leadership under continued attacks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Harv, with due respect to you and the job you do here, the reason to look at the leadership decisions, actions, and inactions that got us here, is because that history is probably indicative of decisions, actions, and inactions going forward.
I understand that criticism is important.  It's a critical function, of free speech and the media.

In theory, it's possible to do that without partisanship.  Stick to proven facts and possible solutions without the use of adjectives that don't really express anything but our bias.

We are all Americans, all humans. We aren't going to solve this problem by dividing into two groups.

I assume above warp is calling (I assume) the president responsible. He certain has some responsibility, but there is plenty to go around. That's only one example of partisanship. There is plenty of responsibility to go around.

Maybe we can't have a Coronavirus thread.  Not ready to go there yet.  Help me.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
billyymc wrote
Harv, with due respect to you and the job you do here, the reason to look at the leadership decisions, actions, and inactions that got us here, is because that history is probably indicative of decisions, actions, and inactions going forward.
I understand that criticism is important.  It's a critical function, of free speech and the media.

In theory, it's possible to do that without partisanship.  Stick to proven facts and possible solutions without the use of adjectives that don't really express anything but our bias.

We are all Americans, all humans. We aren't going to solve this problem by dividing into two groups.

I assume above warp is calling (I assume) the president responsible. He certain has some responsibility, but there is plenty to go around. That's only one example of partisanship. There is plenty of responsibility to go around.

Maybe we can't have a Coronavirus thread.  Not ready to go there yet.  Help me.
I think there has been some good information presented as well as some stress relief (humor). We don’t need the crap but if it is going to be allowed I will certainly represent my view and call out the BS.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Capital idea, I will certainly vote for the Governor, he has " schooled" others
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Please remember, we are all in this together.

And, it's my thread about coronavirus, so knock it the fuck off if you want to bitch about something else.  Go elsewhere.

I now return you to the fact that NYS is up over 1000 cases in 24 hours. My county has doubled the number of cases in 24 hours.

Wash your damn hands, accept the fact that the virus is here and stop blaming people.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Just read where restaurants in NYS going to takeout can also package your bar drink to go (if they have a liquor license. Interesting - don’t drink it in the car though.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Might take some time to get to market with this: https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/irish-developed-kit-confirms-infection-in-15-minutes-39046582.html
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
People are really starting to freak out as they are losing their jobs and businesses.

A relief plan needs to happen and fast. This is no time for the president to be dragging his feet. We may be a few weeks or maybe even days away from total chaos.

I had a dream about this about three weeks ago. I don’t remember dreams but this one was very clear.

I unfortunately don’t own guns.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
People are really starting to freak out as they are losing their jobs and businesses.

You aren't kidding.

We've been in nothing but meetings for the past 2 days, more today as well. I'm certain that we will soon be running on 50% staffing with 2 teams. It's looking like 3 days on and 3 days off. Obviously paychecks will be reflective of that. Hopefully the govt will step in with some relief for that, regardless this is one big shit sandwich that we all need to take a bite of.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
This is hilarious and totally cool too. I think it's true right?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote

You aren't kidding.

We've been in nothing but meetings for the past 2 days, more today as well. I'm certain that we will soon be running on 50% staffing with 2 teams. It's looking like 3 days on and 3 days off. Obviously paychecks will be reflective of that. Hopefully the govt will step in with some relief for that, regardless this is one big shit sandwich that we all need to take a bite of.
Indeed.

1 ... 6789101112 ... 63