classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
579 messages Options
123456 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sudsnbumps
and now for a different perspective...Powder Day #1!
Foxlair, Sunway, Showcase, Lower Sleighride groomed...Quicksilver and where they have the park set up, absolute sweet powder (eastern cement).  I bought my Atomic Crimson TI's just for this type of stuff  I lapped Quicksilver figure eighting my own tracks.  After 5 I discovered the park but I closed out my morning on the scraps on Quicksilver.  Cover could use a bit of touch up in places but no complaints.  Best day of the year so far!

They had air going through one of the pipes.  One of the snowmakers said there was no water coming through yet but as soon as the temps got to a certain point they will continue working up high.
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
nice day today. firm and fast for the most part. guns kinda here and there. showcase looked quite nice with all the whale backs. now off to work!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Condor wrote
guns kinda here and there
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
I expected a sheet of ice today. Instead it was the best day of the season. And no crowds.

The groomers did a great job😀
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
I agree! Surprisingly fun.  Gore is about three weeks ahead of where we have been in terms of coverage the past five years.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Definitely. Had a great day. Only going to get better from here.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Conditions were actually better Saturday. Light morning changed to snow around 10:30 and continued until at least 2:00. Crowds were even lighter.

The groomers did do a nice job on the hill for Sunday.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Topridge opens tomorrow.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Gore just posted 2" on the snow report.

Got a report from Iguerna (lower elevation, but a few miles north) saying 5 inches on the ground.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Maybe Sponge will put down the scotch and post up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Gore just posted 2" on the snow report.

Got a report from Iguerna (lower elevation, but a few miles north) saying 5 inches on the ground.
I'm north or Igerna and at higher elevation. We got 2" of wet snow. And it has been raining for the last few hours.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
I received a report from North Creek that it is slop, but snow above 1500 feet
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Topridge opened today.  I got there about 12:30 and saw some folks I knew who told me they were the first ones down and would not ski it again...well that's a dare to me and after I skied it 5 times...bumps crud thin spots big drops and waterbars...which got softer each run...I thought it was fun and will be great tomorrow if we get lucky.  everything off the gondi and AE II were nice and softening after each run.  Maybe 2inches at the bottom and wet...a bit more and drier at the top.  The summit must be awesome if there is base...it's all about the base.  The winds were really picking up the last run and the snow was falling harder.   should be an interesting morning...
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
THANKS Suds. That is exactly the kind of intel I was looking for to figure out whether it would be worth it to take off today and drive up. If you said it was off the hook, most amazing day, all the available glades would open, etc, etc. then I would ditch in a heartbeat. Now I won't be kicking myself for not going.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
As of 1:15 PM, Gore is running only the sunway chair, anyone know what's going on up there?
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I talked to Harvey - its lift icing
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I heard it's raining at the mountain (kind of strange because it's been snowing nicely here in Albany for a couple of hours).
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Same here in Queensbury. Inversion ?

Check the Gore webcam.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I heard it's raining at the mountain (kind of strange because it's been snowing nicely here in Albany for a couple of hours).
That is bizarre. Snow here in NJ too.  The radar doesn't show rain or mix, and NWS has no mention of mixed precip in the afternoon forecast:

"Periods of snow. High near 25. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible."

On the other side freeheeln txt'd and said lift were down because of icing.

We are in the bizarro world friends.  I'll let freeheeln tell his tale of the day, if he chooses. Wild stuff.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
Incredibly disappointing rain and sleet here in Fulton County since this storm started Tuesday morning. Just switched to snow around 1p and accumulated maybe an inch or so as of 4p. There's still some hope of turning this thing around and picking up a few inches!

Definitely weird--we're usually a few inches ahead of Albany/Saratoga area....
123456 ... 29