547 messages Options
1234567 ... 28
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Snowballs
Banned User
That sounds like the answer Harv. Since it's on the same line it gets snow, Sno.

Maybe there's also some physics involved.... like the upper section of pipe (Foxlair) has to flow also so it doesn't freeze, or to regulate pressure along the line.

Either way, with that line operating, might as well tend Foxlair.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
Any predictions regarding Christmas week terrain availability?  The warm temps unfortunately seem to be continuing for at least the next week or so.  I guess they can  blow snow at night.  BTW, whats the maximum temperature that allows for snow making with the new guns?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
You'll be lucky if anything past Topridge is open.  It's going to be extra crowded on very limited terrain, especially if most areas further south can't open at all.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
just got word that they're rolling out trampoline and rock wall for SL kids this weekend. Definitely not a good sign....but they're thinking ahead and working to keep the kids busy!

Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
As usual, Gore did a lot with a little. I thought it skied pretty well for the week they have had.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Really fun skiing at Gore on Saturday.  Surprised to see the guns still blowing on Foxlair when we pulled into the lot:

Snow was soft from the get-go, coverage was great.  A couple of narrow spots but not what you would call a real choke point.  Minimal rocks / snirt.  Here's a couple shots from the lift:

Sunway / Quicksilver opened, providing a second route down the mountain.  Coverage was a bit sketchier than on Showcase, but still not bad.  Here's Daniel on QS:

Snow stayed great until the shadows starting taking over the trails around 2pm when we bailed.  
Sunway:

The bungee jump and climbing wall were busy at the end of the day.  I think it was a great idea to put those out, and MP said they'd probably be out again next weekend, free for passholders.  Snowmakers will continue to take advantage of every possible opportunity.  Plan is to build base on existing routes, get Lower Sleighride open, add Foxlair and Ruby.  Given the unfavorable weather we've had, I'd say Gore was in great shape, and if they're able to get all of the above done for next weekend, that would be tremendous.  Fun day, super glad we went, kinda bummed we're not there again today, but other family plans.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Looks pretty good Jeff. Your doing better than I. No ski for me ... yet.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Cover is thin. Terrain is limited. Lifts load at 10am. Have to walk back to the lifts. Sunny,warm,social. Had a good time.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
freeheeln wrote
Cover is thin. Terrain is limited. Lifts load at 10am. Have to walk back to the lifts. Sunny,warm,social. Had a good time.
Same today except for social - hardly anybody there. Guns were blowing on Foxlair and Ruby Run, but nowhere else.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"Still making snow. Been on open terrain last night and tonight. On Foxlair and Ruby during the days.

Shutting down tomorrow. Looks like until Monday. But looks pretty good after that.

This weekend will be similar to last."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps

Another Day in Paradise...Today was good for what is there 2 WROD with one that requires walking to get back to the lift...but I think it is "get it while you can" as the future looks bleak until we get back snowmaking temps

Paradise is hurtin'
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'd hit it!
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
reminds me lower mountain on closing day....
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I'd hit it!
You sound like a guy who just go out of the joint...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
Harvey wrote
I'd hit it!
You sound like a guy who just go out of the joint...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Summer is the joint!  Well it used to be anyway, not so much anymore with the MTB and all.

Still... that looks like something I would hike for at the end of April.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
sudsnbumps wrote
Another Day in Paradise...Today was good for what is there 2 WROD with one that requires walking to get back to the lift...but I think it is "get it while you can" as the future looks bleak until we get back snowmaking tempsParadise is hurtin'
For comparison hunter's wrod looked much, much better.  The concern I have there is when way more than 20 skiers show up. . . .
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
OUCH. That looks a lot worse than last weekend. Nothing on Showcase looked that bad on Saturday or Sunday. With the warm temps overnight and a ton of people on the trails tomorrow,,,,,,. Hmmm.
Reply | Threaded
|

radam
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
While I love a good day of grass/mud/patch skiing, I'm supposed to head to Gore on Sunday with my dad who who doesn't necessarily feel the same way.  Do you have any other pics to share or is that pretty representative of how things are?  He may want to try to justify his liftopia ticket but I don't want him driving the round trip from syracuse if there's really only going to be a few good turns to be had.  
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
the last day of spring skiing the last few years have been great with almost full coverage. these pictures look like spring skiing circa 1970's
1234567 ... 28