classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
612 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 31
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

LostCosmonaut
I'd say yeah, but I'm already bringing up a bunch of friends from Jersey. Gonna be interesting for them going from Mountain Creek to Gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .

Ok this ^^ confuses me. It is the end of day update from today.

Today at 3pm the Gore Snow report said:

7 inches last 24 hours
9 inches last 7 days

I'm assuming the 7 inches fell on Sunday, as that number was reported Monday at around 9am. (Report showed 5 inches at end of day Sunday.)

Did an inch fall today?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
It fell this morning, it should say today.  WF picked up 3 inches this morning....
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
OK I'll add it. Thanks.  It's funny, aside from want to ski new snow (duh), I actually find myself ROOTING for Gore to hit it's "annual average" of 150.

We're at 60 inches...

http://nyskiblog.com/directory/weather-data/gore-mountain-snow-totals/2017-2018/
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Gore updated the total to 3 inches, but reports from the hill are estimating 8 which is in line with the 7 being reported by Whiteface.

txt from freeheeln
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
but that 7 from WF isnt just today, its past 24 hours some of that was lake effect yesterday.  Gore just updated to 4, everything on track for 8-10 inches.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'd thought WF had 1 inch last 24 when I looked this am, could be wrong.

On the other hand freeheeln spent the entire day at the summit and was guessing, said it was hard to tell.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
4" yesterday, today 3" so far for 7" 24hr total. MORE COMING TODAY! Lookout Chair & WILMINGTON TRAIL is groomed & OPEN!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
Think Gore ends up with 10 inches.  Good storm but very fast mover.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
10 inches is probably about right. Gore had 5-6 when I left at 2:00. The snow started around 10:00 and just kept coming down. The mountain skied great today. Tomorrow will be awesome - and the roads will be clear!

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
10 to 12 inches of light fluffy snow when we left the lot around 5:30. Everyone I mean everyone was smiling a shit eating grin today. Another one of those days that you just don't want to end. The amazing thing is the snow didn't really start until 9-9:30 as Tom said.. It was fine little flakes that just piled up. The only trail that wasn't amazing was Twister glade but I hit it early it was already pretty skied up (looking at you Suds). Boreas and Barkeater both fun. Heard Cirque was good too even though it never officially opened. Also heard top was good but never made it up there. Finished up around 4:20 with a bomber run down little dipper. Tomorrow will be great but get there early I think it will be busy.

North side did not open today so that should have some nice pow. Ski bowl will have good snow when it opens too. Have fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
My technique needs work in these conditions, so I signed up for a group lesson. I was the only person lined up for the 10:00 am start so I got a private lesson for 90 minutes. Not bad! I also didn't realize I got one free group lesson with my pass. Not bad again. given that, I stayed on Blues for the day to work on things and everything skied really well as expected. There were isolated scratchy patches later in the day, but they were small and surrounded by soft snow. Everybody was smiling so I assume everything else was awesome as well. There were a decent number of cars in lot E so quite a crowd for a Thursday. I would expect a bigger crowd tomorrow and a packed house on Saturday.

tom

sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
spent the morning in the sagamore area. barkeater and boreas were real nice ,a little scratchy towards the exit. tahawus glades was trail of the day. too bad so short and such a pain in the ass to get to. went up top after lunch for hawkeye and chatiemac. wish i had not. lots of ice in between the moguls. no amount of snow is going to stick to those trails. if you are going tomorrow my advice to you is  "low angle"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
sig wrote
tahawus glades was trail of the day

such a pain in the ass to get to
Direct correlation between the two variables.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
Think I do ski bowl Saturday morning and make my way to sagamore glades
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
sig wrote
tahawus glades was trail of the day

such a pain in the ass to get to
Direct correlation between the two variables.
i get that but there is more to it. i was 4th or so skier into barkeater today. the snow at that point was not as good as tahawus which i skied over 2 hrs later. tahawus was deeper and lighter. not sure why
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Amazing day of skiing.  Barkeater was skiing great, as was Boreas.  Upper mountain a bit firm unless you were in the woods where we found some really great snow.

My best run of the day....The Trench......a lot of fun....like ducking into a rabbit hole, with my Monoski no less.

I'm up with my two sons, both amazing hard hitting skiers....tomorrow we go up to Jay for the weekend.

Paolo in Boreas
Paolo hammering Boreas

Milo hitting Boreas

I'm going to miss the Ski Bowl on Saturday....but I'm thinking Jay should be skiing really great also.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sweet pics Mike!

Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
what do we think of starting at the bowl tomorrow?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Get there early and bring the rock skis. Expect to hit some stuff when you sink through. Low angle trails better than steep trails for holding snow.
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 31