1 ... 567891011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Improvements Summer 2015

snoloco
mattchuck2 wrote
snoloco wrote
The headwall is fine, it's supposed to be a challenge.
Agree. I think Gore is trying to cater to kids with their bump contest, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about an adult thing, with adult beverages and adult bikinis.

Outer limits isn't too steep for a bump contest, 46er isn't either.
The contest I'm thinking of isn't for adults only.  There would be age groups for people my age and somewhat younger as well.  Maybe a minimum age to participate of 12.  Yes there would be beer, but that doesn't mean that anyone under 21 has to be excluded from participating.  Open the tubing park and village slope after the event for those under 21 and those 21 and over get a bar rented out for them.  Everyone can participate in the actual event though.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Facebook photos of Forever Wild:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
All they need to do is have a bikini contest with a big BBQ and Cheap Beer..The place will be packed...I have seen a ton of bump contests. No one cares.. I know I sound sexiest but skin sells..
You know, even if Gore doesn't want to run this contest, we could do an unofficial comp. The closest sunny, warm day to the ski bowl closing, we can just set up some speakers, a grill, and a keg on the flat part of 46er. I know some women that would wear bikinis if it's warm enough.

We'd need a format change though: 1 afternoon, jam format, $5 entry fee, winner takes 80%, 2nd place takes 20%, everybody gets laid.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
mattchuck2 wrote
JasonWx wrote
All they need to do is have a bikini contest with a big BBQ and Cheap Beer..The place will be packed...I have seen a ton of bump contests. No one cares.. I know I sound sexiest but skin sells..
You know, even if Gore doesn't want to run this contest, we could do an unofficial comp. The closest sunny, warm day to the ski bowl closing, we can just set up some speakers, a grill, and a keg on the flat part of 46er. I know some women that would wear bikinis if it's warm enough.

We'd need a format change though: 1 afternoon, jam format, $5 entry fee, winner takes 80%, 2nd place takes 20%, everybody gets laid.

I'm sure my wife will behind this 100%
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
JasonWx wrote

You need to get on the Gore marketing team ASAP.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Facebook photos of Forever Wild:

Cool. Where on the mountain did they build this?
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
This post was updated on .
On their FB page I thought they said that the drop in will be off Lower Sleighride and it is off Wild Air.
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
off lower sleighride....between showcase and wild air/sleighride.

hope they didn't clear cut it too much
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebbyfish wrote
On their FB page I thought they said that the drop in will be off Lower Steilhang and it is off Wild Air.
Here's what I got:
"Enter the new Forever Wild freestyle glade from Lower Sleighride.  We hope to have a few exits onto Showcase as time goes, but for this year mainly plan on it exiting to 2B"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
JasonWx wrote

Well I can't say for sure but I think a lot of the legendary ski events have historically started out just like you are suggesting.

Sounds rad to me.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
raisingarizona wrote
Well I can't say for sure but I think a lot of the legendary ski events have historically started out just like you are suggesting.
Somebody gotta go legend in year 1 to put it over the top
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
You really need women in Bikinis

Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
PeeTex wrote
You really need women in Bikinis

You know, it's not all that bad. I mean, it would probably feel sort of nice with the lights off and just think of all of the options and possibilities you have right there. With enough lubrication anything goes I'd imagine.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
no need to continue this unfortunate ugly turn for this thread. you're embassing yourselves.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by PeeTex
That's classy. Keep your fantasies private dude.

I'm buying a beer to anyone who posts on this page to help get to the next.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
What..
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|