1 ... 45678910 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greatest Threat to World Peace: A Gallup Survey

lingerlonger
Banned User
ml242 wrote
also, if that carson said that populist nonsense about vaccines that's typical repub bs and he's unfit to run for public office.
Ummm......The states with the largest number of “personal belief” (religious or philosophical) vaccination exemptions granted among kindergartners during the 2013–14 school year were Oregon (7 percent), Vermont (6.1 percent), and Idaho (also 6.1 percent).  Those first two are hardly bastions of the Republican Party.  You're probably anti-GMO too because....well....of course you are.  (It's a tenet of the Liberal Catechism).  Of course there's no science behind that but it fits some dopey narrative you've been dragging around your whole life so it gets a mulligan, right?

Don't forget to go fuck yourself.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
lingerlonger wrote
ml242 wrote
also, if that carson said that populist nonsense about vaccines that's typical repub bs and he's unfit to run for public office.
Ummm......The states with the largest number of “personal belief” (religious or philosophical) vaccination exemptions granted among kindergartners during the 2013–14 school year were Oregon (7 percent), Vermont (6.1 percent), and Idaho (also 6.1 percent).  Those first two are hardly bastions of the Republican Party.  You're probably anti-GMO too because....well....of course you are.  (It's a tenet of the Liberal Catechism).  Of course there's no science behind that but it fits some dopey narrative you've been dragging around your whole life so it gets a mulligan, right?

Don't forget to go fuck yourself.
QFT:  Sounds a lot like a post I saw on another forum...

freeheelwilly wrote
Uh huh. How do you feel about mandatory GMO labeling? Nuclear power? Acupuncture? The states with the largest number of “personal belief” (religious or philosophical) vaccination exemptions granted among kindergartners during the 2013–14 school year were Oregon (7 percent), Vermont (6.1 percent), and Idaho (also 6.1 percent).

The Left touts science when it's politically expedient.

And no, none of this means I agree with anything Grampa has written on this thread. I've said for years that he's an incoherent idiot. But tired old lefties like you need to grow-up and own your share of the idiocy which doesn't appear to play any ideological favorites as far as I can tell. And, by the way, the "Reagan as Bogey-Man" meme is so fluckin' played. Why don't you "Move On"?
And I'm called out as having tantrums?  Bwahahaha...

You guys are funnier and more ill-informed than the so-called 'news'.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by lingerlonger
lingerlonger wrote
Troll alert
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Adk Jeff wrote
Troll alert
  Well, duh!  I find these social media sites, and the people that use them, absolutely repulsive.  But that doesn't change the accuracy of what I posted or the fact that you have no answer for it.  

@Chubby:  What do you object to, my consistency?  You fatdumbfuck.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I thought I had banned lingerlonger, but I guess I didn't.  He did have sort of a graceful exit as I recall.

MikeK I'm giving some rope for now.

There's some stuff that actually matters going on in my life right now and this seems like the easiest way out.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Looks like that number is going to change pretty dramatically for next year...

Shumlin signs bill removing vaccine exemption

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/politics/2015/05/28/shumlin-vaccine-philosophical-exemption/28079499/

Try not to get punched on a chairlift this season.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MikeK

MikeK wrote
I'm out for another year...

Or not

What are you 12?
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
For why?  So I can hang myself?

I don't have much interest in this forum, I just have a weak spot for a few individuals that I miss   I guess I like to keep my enemies close

I don't fit in here: never have, never will... sorry I broke my claim on my previous post.  I'm sure it will be forgotten soon enough.  And hey, I'll probably break it again... Like Noah John linger longer freeheelwilly, I dislike a lot of what I read on the internet, but for very different reasons.  Sometimes I speak up, but really who the fuck cares?  I'm not going to change your mind... it's just a bit of my autism getting the better of me.  I too have people and concerns in my life that matter much more than any of this.  But once in a while this medium does actually work.  Sometimes you learn something, sometimes you make a new friend, or realize something about yourself... so it's not a complete waste.  Even manure has value.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
MikeK wrote
Harvey wrote
For why?  So I can hang myself?
Didn't mean it that way. I was trying to say I didn't remember you as a troll or instigator.  Apparently I can't really vouch for my memory, but it's all I got.  I know you and Noah got a history, but beyond that I don't know the details.

I've been learning too.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I'm not either of those, but depending on who you ask I've caused more trouble on forums than any of them.

ml's post about protesting the war in Iraq made me remember something.  I didn't go to any protests, I didn't even know of any, but I recall saying right after 9/11 that I didn't think war was the answer and being completely black listed for that.  I'm not talking about on the internet.  I'm talking about real life.  In college.  It wasn't a popular idea and I said it the day after and I kept saying it.  I also couldn't understand hating an entire religion or type of people because a few crazies did something violent and extreme.  Remember the OK city bombing?  That would be like hating ourselves because we harbor terrorists.  I still have very mixed emotions about 911 to this day.  The amount of fear and panic in the air was real.  The hate was real.  It made me think of what it must have been like to live during WWII.  During Pearl Harbor.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
lingerlonger wrote
social media sites
Been thinking about changing the model.  Would reduce ad revenue by 12 cents or more but could have an upside that would make it worth it.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Coach, glad to know you feel that the election should be about haircuts....
Based on both thier haircuts and what comes out of there mouths both Trump and Bernie have zero chance to win a general election.  Both are delusional in different ways.  

Bernie's plan is pure insanity.  $18 trillion in spending with proposed $6.5 trillion on taxes means that the other $11,500,000,000,000 comes either from debt on future generations or out of everyone that works wallets.  Proposing that Fing huge of a tax increase will not get one elected.

Last bozo from VT that was a front runner early in the election cycle crashed and burned.  The current Gov of Vt can't even make single payer health care fly in the peoples democratic republic of VT because it cost too much.  Below zero chance with Bernie running on that.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I sent Bernie's campaign $12, but I insisted that it be earmarked for a haircut.

I am a special interest group.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
HEHEHE ^^^ Yea Harv !
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I agree with what Bernie wants to do, just not the way he wants to do it. Lets not change institutional behavior by spending more on them but rather let's change their behavior by making choices not to spend money. As an example - the first item that was brought up in that article was college tuition, yes - it's gone crazy and so he wants to spread the cost around. I say no - rather lets choose to spend federal research dollars on schools that have lower tuitions - change the policies at NSF, DOD and DOE for grants. You will quickly see a race to the bottom for tuition rates and the talent will move away from those institutions that think they have a monopoly on quality education to those who have the research dollars.  We need to use the huge financial power of the government to promote good behavior. Federal grants to small companies that pay their employees well and provide benefits as an example, this should be a major evaluation criteria when evaluating grant requests.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
^ What a strange idea. By your plan, HVCC would get more grant money than Harvard. We want less talented students doing our research?  Also, even if your plan was enacted, the better schools would just say fuck you to the grant money and use their ridiculously large endowments to cover expenses.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
mattchuck2 wrote
^ What a strange idea. By your plan, HVCC would get more grant money than Harvard. We want less talented students doing our research?  Also, even if your plan was enacted, the better schools would just say fuck you to the grant money and use their ridiculously large endowments to cover expenses.
So are you saying there are not smart people going to HVCC?
Let the big schools use their endowments, it leaves more grant money for the state and lower cost private schools. So the answer to your question is yes,  for the short term we would be pouring a lot of grant money into smaller state schools and community colleges. However this will change as the schools that want to charge a premium just because they can will quickly fall in line. I am fine with somebody saying "fuck you" but I am not going to pay them to say "fuck you" which is what they are doing to their students now. The problem with Bermie's plan is it gives no incentive for the institutions to bring prices down, the federal pocket book is endless.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
So are you saying there are not smart people going to HVCC?
Are you fucking joking with this question? You quoted what I said. Did you see me say there were no smart people that go to HVCC? I did imply that there are more brilliant people at Harvard than HVCC because that is unquestionably true.

Let the big schools use their endowments, it leaves more grant money for the state and lower cost private schools. So the answer to your question is yes,  for the short term we would be pouring a lot of grant money into smaller state schools and community colleges. However this will change as the schools that want to charge a premium just because they can will quickly fall in line. I am fine with somebody saying "fuck you" but I am not going to pay them to say "fuck you" which is what they are doing to their students now. The problem with Bermie's plan is it gives no incentive for the institutions to bring prices down, the federal pocket book is endless.
I don't know if you know this, but I'm aware that just writing blank checks leads to cost increases. I'm not certain, but I'd be willing to bet that the Bernie people have thought of this, too. If you want to pass a law that says that grant money only goes to schools that don't charge tuition, be my guest, but I would suppose that all that policy would do would be to widen the gap between rich and poor schools and force many Poor schools that don't have the ability to write grants and lobby state congresses to close.

Isn't it better to just raise taxes and make all state schools and community colleges free? And make sure that state schools don't spend their money on stupid shit like needless administrators, brand new stadiums or multimillion dollar salaries for football coaches?
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
FWIW, I saw an article recently about a study that said the overall cost rise of college is mainly driven by high dollar schools with average cost schools being more level increase wise.
1 ... 45678910 ... 17