Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

gorgonzola
campgottagopee wrote
geeezus, why the hell didn't I look there

Yo, Gor, when u up again????

Don't forget about Super Bowl Sunday---chair 5---VENI and BEERZ no matter what the weather is like the party is on
not sure, just watching the weather - prolly not til mlk weekend. liking the sound of super bowl weekend  

how far is gore from there? i wanna do a gore/garnett hill weekend maybe with a gp stop
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Depending on traffic (on rt 365 and rt 8), 2 to 2 1/2 hrs

I'll look fer ya over MLK
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Conditions were primo yesterday!!!

even Ronnies skied great

get thru this warm spell, get some more natch and we'll B good
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Ronnies wasn't as good today... I'm not skiing it again till we get more snow...
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
This post was updated on .
Mars was the best of the lot today, as the fog was insane.  The fields have a good base, but I couldn't tell which way was up.  The plan is to crank up the snowmaking Monday night.

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Rj1972 wrote
Mars was the best of the lot today, as the fog was insane.  The fields have a good base, but I couldn't tell which way was up.  The plan is to crank up the snowmaking Monday night.
Iliad right under the lift was really good for the top half -- right on the skiers right edge of the bumps, in and out of them. Odyssey was in pretty decent shape too. Good to hear Mars is holding up.  Yeah - the fog was crazy thick until halfway down the hill - especially on fields - had to just keep your knees flexed and soak it up.  The approach to lifts 1a and 1 were actually the worst part, and the biggest issue GP has to deal with to stay open right now -- nobody is going to be happy if there is a gap in the snow 50 feet before the lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
The trails that had an entire week of snowmaking (Fields to Stoic, and Odyssey) came thru ok...Trojan is marginal...everything else that had mostly or all natural snow is pretty much toast...                                                                                    Alcemene under chair 1A was open as recently as last Saturday
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
oh man that's effin depressing, guess i'm staying home this weeknd
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
They are touching up Iliad and Trojan as well as Alpha and a lot of the lower trails near the base. I don't know about Mars Hill but it should be ok. The return trail from Mars looks fine but they have to redo the trail from Chair 4 across to 5. I wouldn't give up on this weekend yet...
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
sounds ok but thyre calling for 4-5" down here tonight and decent snowmaking temps thruugh the week - probably ski local blue mt and save some $. damn greek needs some SNOW!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
 . damn greek needs some SNOW!!!!
We're getting some right now---grotonweather is calling for 3-4 today and snow evey day thru the week. Nothing major but I'm thinking we can 2-tree-4 inch our way back into this ballgame!!!

Yesterday they were pounding all the connector trails (shold be good after today), and once they move snowmaking back on the hill it should be primo by the weekend. Woods and steeps will be out for this weekend---i hope to be wrong on that.

Major props to Doc for pounding the snow when he could---as pro said, the trails they hit hard skied ok yesterday.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
                                              One day later...I know it's not much but somehow I feel much better mentally
                                                  Some repair work on Iliad
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
pro2860 wrote
One day later...I know it's not much but somehow I feel much better mentally
same here, i keep seeing some blue blobs floating over greek on the radar - keep posting updates, maybe ill take a day trip sunday for a change of scenery
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Been snowing on and off all day

Sunday will be decent

according to GP chair 5 area to re-open friday

hope to see you sunday----i'll hook U up with a wicked cool A18 sticker
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
                                                 Campy's two, tree, four theory starting to pay off!

Went for 3 hours this morning and it snowed the entire time....
Reply | Threaded
|

snowmonkey
It was still snowing last night, too!  My friend and I got there around 6 and skied 'til 9ish.  Every time we got off the lift there was a fresh coating of snow on the slopes.  I was really pleased with conditions last night.  I was expecting bulletproof, thinking it would warm up during the day and freeze after the sun went down.  I was a bit nervous upon arrival because I was letting my friend borrow the skis I normally use in icy conditions, and I was on my fatter skis, but it was just soft, smooth, frozen granular, easy to get an edge in.  I think they'll be in great shape for the weekend.  They were blowing a lot of snow.  
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
This post was updated on .

A little more natural since yesterday

Doc can't be too happy about the huge sheet of ice in the middle of Iliad...I know ski patrol wasn't!

We only skied for a couple of hours but once again it snowed the entire time! Chair 5 was supposed to open but the connector trail still has huge whales all over it...
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
if it keeps 2tree4'in i'll be on my way to 5 sunday am!

aaaahh haaa haaaa (laughs like 'the count')
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
if it keeps 2tree4'in i'll be on my way to 5 sunday am!

aaaahh haaa haaaa (laughs like 'the count')

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
5 inches of fresh and 3 degrees out....should be good
12345 ... 7