Greek Peak Conditions (2012-2013)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
131 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
GP is back in the game. Super Duper velvet cord was found tuesday AM, twas chilly but wicked fun skiing.

checked out ronnies, little 'dirty" yet but by the weekend should fill in good nuff to ski

hooked up yesterday with a couple local legend rippers, one in all white camo and man_0_man could he lay 'em over
Reply | Threaded
|

snowmonkey
Sweet.  Thanks for the report, Camp.  I really need to get out there; can't wait to get out there Saturday!  I haven't been on my skis in almost a week!  Single digits are not inspiring me to go out for night skiing, like I normally do during the week.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Cornhead and I skied Greek today, Thurs. 1/24/13 from 9:30 am to about 2:45. Was cold. Wind not bad. Temp was probably 8 - 10 degrees. We skied about 1.5 hrs at a stretch. Odyssey, Illiad, Elysain Fields and Trojan mostly. Chair 5 was not open, untill tomorrow. Decent groomers, few skiers and $1.00 coffee's at Orions pub. Cornhead rips down the slopes and is quite a cruiser. Lift 1 was operating and is much faster than 1A. Making quite a bit of snow. Looking real good for the weekend, if they get another couple of inches of lake effects. Not many skiers there today, probably the weatherman scared them away with talk of 25mph winds and sub-zero windchills.

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I skiied until about noon. My ski partner left and I looked for you guys to make a few runs but you must have been in Orions. Maybe next time...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Greek skied wicked good yesterday---nice cord with an inch of fresh on top---still couldn't get into the woods, even tho a couple of us may have

not sure what it will be like tomorrow---getting some not so snow like precip right now---just can't catch a break

props to GP, they were POUNDING the guns yesterday!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
way to get after it Campy , glad u guys had a rockin time , my posse was at Titus too ,cold but decent skiing ,similar conditions about 2 inches over a FIRM base. Got scraped off a bit as there was racing there most of the day . But hey its just great to be out there!

Chit 2 day we have 5 inches of Champagne pow down so far and i m stuck here dammit. Just got back from the gym .And then that damn 50 degree temps with efn rain wednesday   WTF !!

BTW been listening to some TMP the last couple of days , JW can wail and make that axe squeel like a damned stuck pig IMPRESSIVE. . they do lay down some good sound
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice!!! they'll be at our Super Bowl Party on Sunday so I'll be sure and tell them they have a new fan from waayyyy up north
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
make that SEVERAL new fans i sent it to my BIL in Urica and Son in Manhattan and SIL and his drum monkey son near Boston we are all DIGGIN TMP !! ell da boyz to Rock ON !!!!  WID gusto .

ya know  i 'm bettin DMC. Could 'preciate dat talent.  Too! Yeah my man give dem boyz a HUGE friggin thumbs up , us ole axemen always 'preciate real talent ! Both lonny and jonny humble the ole warpster
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
camp & company - how's greek lookin these days? pick up any stray LE bands this week? thinking about playing hookey and heading up friday if this storm track holds true.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Pro and I skied yesterday with great coverage on all the main snowmaking trails ( u know the ones)

took a peek at ronnies and w/ the snow heading our way wouldn't be at all surprised if it's back in play by sat/sunday

been snowing here all day on and off---prolly picked up a couple inches so far

i'd say this weekend should be one of the best we've had all year
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
 will play it by beer, the only thing effin me up is kids hockey game friday night - we'll see maybe friday or sat depending on how she blows

how r the new boards?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'll keep an eye out for ya on sunday

new boards are wicked---fast cruisers and amazingly stable--nothing gets in way
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Skiied this afternoon and conditions were good. Chair 5 was even running today. Below is a pic of the newest addition in the terrain park from Sunday. The next pic was from today. It didn't take long to get vandalized!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yo Gor---u making it up???
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
campgottagopee wrote
Looks like a photoshop job. I skied Greek on Thurs. 2/7 and there were no broken windows on that bus. Skiing was great!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
not today - on the fence for tommorrow . right now we have similar totals but greek won;t get trracked out nearly as fast and would love to play in the woods  other option is to stay local for some early am blue mt madness then head out with the bcXcd setup to get my fix in the sticks. will be a game time decision in the morning. i'll try to remember to post here if i head up and keep an eye out for the a18 and dippikill crews

i'm kind surpised they left the windows in the shuttle in the first placce
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
My daughter keeps asking me where's the snow..she is in Ithaca..Has plans for Greek tomorrow , but now not so sure..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
campgottagopee wrote
not today - on the fence for tommorrow . right now we have similar totals but greek won;t get trracked out nearly as fast and would love to play in the woods  other option is to stay local for some early am blue mt madness then head out with the bcXcd setup to get my fix in the sticks. will be a game time decision in the morning. i'll try to remember to post here if i head up and keep an eye out for the a18 and dippikill crews

i'm kind surpised they left the windows in the shuttle in the first placce

Gotcha, we'll be in line by 8:15---hope to see you there

what's this dippikill crew???? they some kinda a cult snowboard crew or something???

agree, leaving the windows in wasn't a smart move----bet the took them all out now
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
My daughter keeps asking me where's the snow..she is in Ithaca..Has plans for Greek tomorrow , but now not so sure..
Has she found transportaion to and from GP yet???? I met a IC college kid last weekend and made me think of your daughter needing a ride. FWIW, just started snowing here.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
She joined the Cornell ski club..
"Peace and Love"