Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

skimore
campgottagopee wrote
skimore wrote
billyymc wrote
I must have slept through all that new snow.
You just had to blink as it was one flake

Did it, or did it not snow every day so far this week ----- that is the question ---- what is the answer

I love this new game!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
A simple YES would suffice.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
skimore wrote
billyymc wrote
I must have slept through all that new snow.
You just had to blink as it was one flake

Did it, or did it not snow every day so far this week ----- that is the question ---- what is the answer

I love this new game!!
me too!  me too!  love new games!!

Second question.

Did skimore or did skimore not get hugs from his mommy when he was a youngster?  that is the question --- what is the answer? (although the answer is pretty apparent....)  hahahahahahahahahaahah

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
1" of cool whip on arethusa way and other east side trails. Nothing on the main mountain. Everything is skiing so good right now though. Demos from 9 manufacturers tomorrow, might try some carvers!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ml242 wrote
1" of cool whip on arethusa way and other east side trails. Nothing on the main mountain. Everything is skiing so good right now though. Demos from 9 manufacturers tomorrow, might try some carvers!
Glad you had a good day
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
1" of cool whip on arethusa way and other east side trails. Nothing on the main mountain.
That was the accumulation from the week..the east side trails were closed from Monday thru Thursday. Conditions were excellent yesterday!
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
How is Greek holding up?  I am coming up this weekend for a couple of days of skiing with my girls.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
northerncajun wrote
How is Greek holding up?  I am coming up this weekend for a couple of days of skiing with my girls.
Greek is holding up nicely..if you like perfect mid winter groomed hero snow..not much new snow though
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
northerncajun wrote
Greek is holding up nicely..if you like perfect mid winter groomed hero snow..not much new snow though
Agree----- GP is in great shape and skiing nicley.

More snow this week, you're gonna hit it perfect.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
What fun skiing was yesterday at GP ---- crispy at first so we took about an hour break to let things soften up. By 10:30ish the sun was out and turned everything into butter. It's not here yet, still winter, but when spring skiing hits us we're all in for a treat, there's tons of snow up there!

Lots of Canadians around too ---- those guys are fun, eh??
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Skied Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday of this week ...... morning shift on Sunday was firm and fast

Monday and Tuesday were total bluebird and warm temps ..... Monday after sitting in the sun all morning Hecules was the bomb!! Yesterday was Odyssey with wicked soft snow

We're in for a treat for this spring skiing season, wall to wall snow is still to be found at GP
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Was Olympian open again during the warm temps? That was the only trail I didn't get a chance to ski... it looks awesome!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
 ...... morning shift on Sunday was firm and fast

We're in for a treat for this spring skiing season, wall to wall snow is still to be found at GP
 sunday morning's fast grippy snow was a hoot for laying down a few arcs!

looks like the base is in good shape if spring ever shows her face. as much as I hate to admit it, I'm about over winter and looking forward to the second ski season of sun, bumps and corn!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Was Olympian open again during the warm temps? That was the only trail I didn't get a chance to ski... it looks awesome!
Nope, not yet. For the first time in recent memory they never blew snow on the Big "O" or Zues, so I'm not sure with just natural on those 2 how they'll hold up come corn season.......BUT, I'll let you know.....sometimes we've been known to sneak in there
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 ...... morning shift on Sunday was firm and fast

sunday morning's fast grippy snow was a hoot for laying down a few arcs!

looks like the base is in good shape if spring ever shows her face. as much as I hate to admit it, I'm about over winter and looking forward to the second ski season of sun, bumps and corn!
WORD

twas nice to chat w/ you for a few minutes at Trax

I'm getting the itch for my bike too
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What an amazing day at the best CNY has to offer! Full on mid-winter hero snow was found yesterday

Twill be even better today with the 2" of POW that fell last night

Pond skimming and the A18 Spring Tailgate Party this Sunday----- OH HELL YES
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
has greek set a closing date?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Not as of yet

Rumor mill is stating April 20th, but no clue where that came from....bar talk ya know

I know or new guys are skiers, but also bizmen, so hopefully they can make sense staying open for as looooong as they can. Crazy amounts of snow still up there and the skiing has been spectacular.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
cool, would like to get in a few more runs there
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You better hurry up.....according to the snow phone they have scheduled closing date of April 6th.

This is VERY dissapointing news.....there's sooooo much snow and the skiing is/will be good.

Really thought we'd be open longer than that, but I guess it's that time of year.

All in all I'm very happy with our new owners and their efforts to better GP. They've had to make some VERY tough decisions lately that I'm sure weren't easy for them.

It's been a kickass year
1 ... 3456789 ... 12